Email from Iger

This means one of two things:

They realize they hacked off a large segment of their customer base and now are trying to back track

or

They are about to do something they know are going to hack off a large segment of their customer base and are trying to get in front of it

Don't get all warm and fuzzy. It's always about money with these guys.

As we approach the end of 2022, I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to the biggest Disney fans in the world – all of you.

Disney is fortunate to have the most devoted and enthusiastic fans, and I was reminded of this a few weeks ago when I visited Disneyland Resort and attended the Candlelight Processional. It was invigorating to be surrounded by so many guests who make what we do possible. We love your passion for our company and your enthusiasm for what we create, and we will continue to do our best to exceed your highest expectations.

As you know, next year Disney will mark its 100th anniversary. We are immeasurably grateful to the generations of fans all around the globe who have invited our stories and characters into their lives, and we look forward to celebrating the groundbreaking moments, the cherished memories, and the creative visionaries that made Disney the most beloved name in entertainment over the past century.
During the coming year, D23 will launch a slate of exciting events to mark this historic milestone. More information can be found here.

Looking at all the opportunities ahead, I can honestly say there has never been a better time to be a Disney fan. It is an extraordinary privilege to lead this remarkable company again, and I am so grateful for your continued passion for Disney. On behalf of all of us at The Walt Disney Company, I wish you a wonderful holiday season and a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Best,

Bob Iger

They realize they hacked off a large segment of their customer base and now are trying to back track

or

They are about to do something they know are going to hack off a large segment of their customer base and are trying to get in front of it

He's a good salesman.

or

If it is the first one, then good on them for acknowledging it. If it’s the second, what does it matter how other people respond to it?

or

I don’t think it necessarily means either of those things. Iger just has way better people skills than Chapek, that was evident when they were working together and it’s become even clearer since then.

I got it and didn't even open it just deleted it. Not because of any hard feelings, knew it was just an end of the year feel good email same as you get from other places. Nice sentiment but I'm not one who needs it. Want to send me a discount code for a resort, I'm all over that.

Darn. I wonder if my email address is on Mr. Iger's shxx list because, many years ago, I sent a complaint directly to his email.

Whatever account he sent this from is likely handled by his executive assistant, and there’s a good chance that’s a different person by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter