EMED vs INSPIRE COVID PROCTORING

IamAnniM

Part of the Crew - Part of the Ship
I jus read on site TinksMagicalVacations.com that families have used EMED for their 2 day pre cruise COVID testing, a 6 pack of tests was $25 and they provide monitored testing acceptable by DVL. Has anyone used this instead of Inspire which is MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE at almost $100 per person!

Attachments

• C1EB61A1-DA71-40AC-BAB7-FE9EB4596770.jpeg
    C1EB61A1-DA71-40AC-BAB7-FE9EB4596770.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
  • A32A2E3E-AB7C-434C-AE5C-FA363C3DCA6B.jpeg
    A32A2E3E-AB7C-434C-AE5C-FA363C3DCA6B.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 13
  • B1EBFC5D-78F5-4065-BDD2-C8839AE29546.jpeg
    B1EBFC5D-78F5-4065-BDD2-C8839AE29546.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 12
I jus read on site TinksMagicalVacations.com that families have used EMED for their 2 day pre cruise COVID testing, a 6 pack of tests was $25 and they provide monitored testing acceptable by DVL. Has anyone used this instead of Inspire which is MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE at almost $100 per person!
I've heard some people used OnPoint successfully also and it sounds similar to EMed. I thought the Inspire was $50... if it's $100 I don't think I will use Inspire after all.

We just used Emed on Wednesday for our sailing on the Wish today. I had our certificate from them by the time the call ended showing we were Negative and Safe Passage Cleared us to sail within 5 hours after I submitted it to them. It was great and I could order the tests in advance which I liked.

We used inspire for the MV a couple of weeks ago and it was $48 and some change for each person. Very easy.

FYI....the EMed tests are not $25 for a 6 pack....I believe it is $25 per test but comes in a 6 pack....so $150 for 6 tests. Still less expensive than Inspire.

That said...we used OnPoint for our pre testing and it was very easy and efficient. Ordered the Teleservice which was $14.99 pp and used tests we had already. Had results within 45 minutes emailed to us, uploaded the docs to Safe Passage and were cleared to sail by that evening. They have appts 24/7. We tested 3 people in one zoom call. We tested right from our WDW hotel room 2 days before the Wish sailing.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

MJ

eMed is $25 each and have to buy 6 packs. At least we did a few months ago. That said, eMed was very easy to use. We got the certificate within 10 minutes and took about 12 hours to get clearance in Safe Passage. Just make sure you allocate 30 minutes without distractions. You have to hold the phone over the test the whole time. We got a proctor right away and taking the test was less than 5 minutes. Then you have to hold the phone over the test for 15 minutes. Then you reconnect with them and they confirm the results. Very easy and a good deal at $25 even if you have to buy 6 at a time.

We just used Emed on Wednesday for our sailing on the Wish today. I had our certificate from them by the time the call ended showing we were Negative and Safe Passage Cleared us to sail within 5 hours after I submitted it to them. It was great and I could order the tests in advance which I liked.
So excited for your safe trip! I’m sailing on Wish in Sept! please post photos when you can!

FYI....the EMed tests are not $25 for a 6 pack....I believe it is $25 per test but comes in a 6 pack....so $150 for 6 tests. Still less expensive than Inspire.

That said...we used OnPoint for our pre testing and it was very easy and efficient. Ordered the Teleservice which was $14.99 pp and used tests we had already. Had results within 45 minutes emailed to us, uploaded the docs to Safe Passage and were cleared to sail by that evening. They have appts 24/7. We tested 3 people in one zoom call. We tested right from our WDW hotel room 2 days before the Wish sailing.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

MJ
Thanks for clarification, I’m just so confused by it all! I’ve done COVID tests and it’s very simple to follow it’s just getting multi families together to do everything 2 days prior, leave for WDWnext day as then go to cruise, so much to do!!! We are all vaxed and double boosted so we continue to think safety first!

It sounds like you have a large group with multiple family units. I don't think there's any reason you all must test together. Could each family unit coordinate their own testing? If some have tests at home to use, they may not want to pay a service that include buying the test, while others may need/want a new test kit. If anyone has young unvaccinated kids they will need to get tested differently anyway.

No, not so complicated, family of 3 and me, so I just have to meet up with them

We used Inspire for our 7/9 cruise. It was about $46 per person. I picked Inspire over eMed mainly because we could test everyone on a single appointment/call. Best of all, once you pass, they immediately update your Safe Passage account. Much less hassle than other methods.

Anyone that has used OnPoint do they send each person a separate result to their own email? Since you have to use separate emails for each person on Safe Passage I don’t want all the “negative confirmations” sent to my email, but each result sent to each adult family member. We are a family of 4, but all adults with a separate Safe Passage accounts! We have an appointment booked by me for all of us though!

Anyone that has used OnPoint do they send each person a separate result to their own email? Since you have to use separate emails for each person on Safe Passage I don’t want all the “negative confirmations” sent to my email, but each result sent to each adult family member. We are a family of 4, but all adults with a separate Safe Passage accounts! We have an appointment booked by me for all of us though!
We just used OnPoint and they asked us if we wanted all the test results sent to one address (which was fine for us). They can send them to individual addresses if you like.

I gotta say, we've used OnPoint for two cruises now, and it seemed really straightforward. We can get the iHealth tests for $18 per 2-pack on Amazon (free Prime shipping) and the OnPoint proctoring is a flat $15, so the total cost is $24 per person, all included. If you already have tests lying around, it's even cheaper. We used them for our Disney cruise from the hotel, and we just did another round of tests from home for an upcoming Alaska cruise (on Norwegian).

If the 6 pack of tests is 25...how much is the actual testing per person?
The picture above is deceiving (not the PP's fault, it's how eMed shows it). It's $25 per test so the 6-pack is $150. Or they offer a 2-pack for $35 per test (total $69.99). That includes the testing.

I gotta say, we've used OnPoint for two cruises now, and it seemed really straightforward. We can get the iHealth tests for $18 per 2-pack on Amazon (free Prime shipping) and the OnPoint proctoring is a flat $15, so the total cost is $24 per person, all included. If you already have tests lying around, it's even cheaper. We used them for our Disney cruise from the hotel, and we just did another round of tests from home for an upcoming Alaska cruise (on Norwegian).

:crazy2: my poor little brain

We have a few of the free Covid tests here at home. Are you saying I can take them to Aulani and sign up with OnPoint and then we schedule a time to take the test and use our phone to video the 15 minute session?

:crazy2: my poor little brain

We have a few of the free Covid tests here at home. Are you saying I can take them to Aulani and sign up with OnPoint and then we schedule a time to take the test and use our phone to video the 15 minute session?
Yes

We used eMed, and it worked well. I have a pocket tripod for my iPhone that is credit card size. I used it to keep the phone propped up without having to hold it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter