Emerald Isle - 21 August 2008

DionysiusP

Earning My Ears
:banana:

Just booked ABD Ireland Trip (08/21/2008)!!! And, being me, will have worn my DS out by New Year's with my detailed planning. :rotfl2: Of Course, I probably already have ... she has retreated to her sewing room. :confused3

Anyhow & anywho ... Looking for fellow traveler's to set up a travel circle similiar to the Cruise Line scenario ~ which always seem to work out great!

Anybody out there yet? :hmghost:

Just stopping by between pubs ...

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Hi DionysiusP

Sorry I won't be travelling with you, but if you get Francesc as your guide you are in for a fun time. He was our guide on the London/Paris tour and I know he also does the Ireland tour. You will have a blast. And don't worry about driving DS crazy. I booked in September last year for a July tour and drove my DD crazy with all my chatter, but she still loved it and wants to go back again. We are doing Hollywood this year in August as well (the 12th)!

MJGirl

Well it be a wonderful Lass you are ~ Taking time to send me good wishes.
I will surely look for Francesc. I am sure that whoever it is will be wonderful. In the meantime, I am studying the legends & myths of Ireland, along with updating the family ancestry. We are staying extra days after the ABD trip. Already excited :banana: beyond reason. In the meantime ...

Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers—
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours—
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through

:goodvibes

No Problems ... And what a beautiful poem ... I too would love to go to Ireland some day and explore my roots, but alas .. there is too much to see and only one of me!!

By the way, if you happened to see the Disney Christmas Day parade, there was a bit on Adventures by Disney with the actor who played Reilly in National Treasure! The Adventure Guide talking to him was Francesc.

Jus crawled outta nother pub an some-un be tellin me it's 2008! :rolleyes1
SO here are some Irish New Year's Blessings for you!!! :cool1:

'Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo arís.'
May we be alive at this time next year.

'Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!'
A prosperous New Year!

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship but never in want.​

Health, Happiness & God's Blessings to all

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Dear Lord,
Give me a few friends
who will love me for what I am,
and keep ever burning
before my vagrant steps
the kindly light of hope...
And though I come not within sight
of the castle of my dreams,
teach me to be thankful for life,
and for time's olden memories
that are good and sweet.
And may the evening's twilight
find me gentle still.

May neighbours respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And heaven accept you.

Like the warmth of the sun
And the light of the day,
May the luck of the Irish
shine bright on your way.

Based on the response, I guess I will be on this trip by myself!!! popcorn::

I'm wondering the same about my trip. Well more opportunity to tout the great DIS boards:lovestruc

I think my husband and I are going on our Emerald Tour all by ourselves as well July 17-24 :confused: ...naw I bet not...but I only wish.:lmao:

Princess Fi - I don't think the ABD trips have gotten around enough yet to get the board type response that they get with Disney Cruise groups. It may have something to do with the additional cost of airfare to international locations. Personally, I am all for small groups ... :thumbsup2

I agree a smaller group will be nice. The additional and very expensive airfare is making this one very, very expensive and extravagant trip but for our 25th anniversary it is worth it. It's a once in a lifetime, plus we will be visiting family there for a week afterwards. My husband has never been and I am really looking forward to showing him my homeland.

P-Fi - We were fortunate enough to have air-miles to execute our plane tickets. We "save" our miles for vacations only. Of course, now we have about 3 left. :lmao: So, I guess it will be awhile until our next trip. ;)
Yeah-Right. I know me better than that.

Visiting family? - We are extending as well - 3 days for the same purpose. Will be spending time in County Waterford & Cork - mostly. Planning to rent vehicle in SNN & drop-off in DUB. Car rental is not too bad BUT the insurance is a KILLER. Look forward to hearing about your trip.

In the meantime ... Here are some Irish Dancers to keep you in the mood

:yay: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :banana: :yay:

My mother and daughter (Age 10) are booked for the Ireland trip Aug. 21, 2008!

Karen Powers
Cranford, NJ

Karen - Great to hear that!!! :banana: You will probably find this a bit of a suprise. My last name is POWER. :dance3: Isn't that something?

After the ABD trip, I am headed to Waterford to do some ancestry research and visit with some of the family members.

Your Mother and your daughter. Your not going? :sad2: What's up with that?

Okay ... let's get some specifics ... we can do that by PM ...

Great to hear from you!!!

:dance3:

Ireland is a trip I really want to share with my husband - unfortunately he can't get off from work at that time - and I don't want to go without him - and this is a "dream trip" for my mom - her ancestors are from the "Emerald Isle" - so an experience that my mom and daughter can share together... That's too funny about our names!

Karen - Absolutley understand. I am SOooooooooooo excited about going. Tell me, where are your mother's ancestors from? Maiden name? My father was a Power & my mother a Murphy. Both grandparents & GGP's from Ireland. I have been doing an extensive amount of work on ancestry. Will need about an extra year or two after the trip just to trace the information I already have about my roots. :lmao: Places ABD is staying look awesome. I wish that there were a few more stops - like Blarney Castle - I MUST kiss the Blarney Stone before I leave IE!!! My wife :love: just rolls her eyes and tells me I am already FULL of it. :banana: More later ... HH&GB

Karen - Absolutley understand. I am SOooooooooooo excited about going. Tell me, where are your mother's ancestors from? Maiden name? My father was a Power & my mother a Murphy. Both grandparents & GGP's from Ireland. I have been doing an extensive amount of work on ancestry. Will need about an extra year or two after the trip just to trace the information I already have about my roots. :lmao: Places ABD is staying look awesome. I wish that there were a few more stops - like Blarney Castle - I MUST kiss the Blarney Stone before I leave IE!!! My wife :love: just rolls her eyes and tells me I am already FULL of it. :banana: More later ... HH&GB

Hey Dionysius, I was born in Ireland and my mom's maiden name was Murphy also...well that's not much of a surprize - there are alot of Murphy's there I guess. Anyway her family is from outside Dublin, the Ringsend area. Her father was a stevador at the docks in Dublin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter