Emerald Isle - 21 August 2008

I would definitely have to visit the Blarney Stone - I wish it was on the ABD tour! My daughter says "hi" - she can't wait to leave. I just showed her a picture of the Blarney Stone - she thinks everyone is nuts!
My mom's family name was Gorman (I think O'Gorman - I think the "O" was dropped when her family came to the US).
Waterford would definitely be on my "to do" list too!:banana:

Princess - I have been hitting brick walls in an ancestry search on Murphy, from the County Coark area. I have got the POWER side locked down to the 1850's and pushing back a little further if I can get the birth dates of my GGParents sorted out. Do you know anyone with knowledge of Murphy ancestry? All the records were destroyed in Ireland ... :confused3

Karen - Say Hi to your daughter for us. Look forward to meeting them. How old is your mother? Give or take a few years ...

HH&GB

subscribing.
I want to hear all about your trips when you get back.
We're planning for 2009 now and Ireland has caught our fancy.

Does anyone remember when DVC posted this year's schedule?
Any rumor that Ireland might not be offered in 2009?

Karen -> we're in Union county as well.

Mr Monk

I am sure that my spouse will expect me to write a "trip report" ... she has this great idea about Xmas Letters too... She thinks up such things and expects me to execute ... BY HER COMMAND!!!

HH&GB -
My mom is in her 70's - active - my mom and my daughter travel well together - they take care of each other. Great experiences for both of them. They are "cruisin'" on the Nickelodeon cruise - then back home for 3 days - then onto Ireland - what a life!

Mr. Monk - what a small world - Union County too!

Hello D

My family and I are booked for this adventure for Sept. I have no idea what kind of clothing to be taking. I can guess the obvious because of weather but are there occassions to dress (after 5, formal, etc.) that you've heard of? I have to admit because of limited luggage, I hope not. But at the same time I don't want to be under-dressed. Have you heard anything?

Thanks,
Cheryl

Francesc was one of our guides in our trip to the Emerald Isle and he was a lot of fun and the kids just loved him! Courtney was our other guide (just as fun and silly!) and I think she mentioned that she and Sarah (who was a shadow guide on our trip) will be the guides for the tours from July on. Either way, you'll win - everyone took wonderful care of us on our trip!

Have a wonderful time -(I know you will!!!!)

Cheryl:

Great to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder about others...
ABD package should be arriving soon with additional information...

Remember that "no one goes to Ireland for a tan". Average temps are
August Avg Low: 53° Avg Hi: 66° Avg Precip: 1.85 in

Have heard nothing about "formal" wear. :confused3 Disney Cruise "formal" means a coat & tie for adult men. Unless something is indicated, it is highly unlikely that I will even bring a tie, never mind a suitcoat. Although I have not been provided dress standards by DS yet. :love: I am sure that Chrystina (DS) will bring some nice but comfortable & easy evening wear. Disney is a family event so it is usually more relaxed. My formal will, hopefully, be nice slacks and a Disney golf shirt.

So, how big is your family? Ages etc ... At this point, only two other folks have logged in here ... although I am sure there will be others. Arriving early or not? etc etc ... More later

HH&GB

Dennis

Up early are we? Can you answer Worknfires's question about "formal" wear?
What is the high standard of dining for dinner? Thanks

Don't worry about packing anything formal for the trip - you won't need it. We wore jeans and t-shirts everyday (went on the May 17 trip). The only time we "dressed up" (and by that I mean khakis and a nice sweater for me, khakis and a polo shirt for hubby) was the adult night at Mentons and the Farewell dinner at the castle. We had a couple in our group (both active duty Navy and stationed on a remote island in the middle of the Indian ocean!) who got dressed up (dress, suit & tie) for the farewell dinner only because they said they hadn't had an opportunity to dress up in months!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter