Emerald Isle After 10pm

Disneylvr

Always Disney Dreaming!
I was trying to reserve a car with National (on their web site) as an Emerald Club member. I keep getting a message that says either Emerald Isle isn't available for my dates or it's not available at that time of day. Does the Emerald Isle close after 10pm or something? We are arriving at MCO at 10:09pm.

Hmmm, in the past I've used the EA at MCO three times after midnight....AND got good cars too. I'd call to see if something has changed.

Good luck!

Last summer we used Emerald Aisle at MCO after midnight. There wasnt' much to choose from--just a couple of cars. Just as we were ready to get in a car, National attendants pulled up in 2 SUVs. We chose the Chevy Blazer. Don't remember the other. We really liked it!

Where are you trying to rent a car from EA? What size are you looking to book?
They are open 24 hours a day, so, the time should not be the issue. Perhaps it is the size, or they are sold out on your dates.
With a little more info, we could help you more. :)

It must be the size of car because when I try intermediate, that size is available for EA. I want a compact. I have pretty much decided to use Dollar anyway because they are $20 cheaper even with the Disney Club discounts at National. Thanks everyone!

It's the car--EA is for intermediate or full size. For other size cars you get Emerald Choice--you get to pick any compact car in the compact aisle. Dollar is also a good agency I'd go with the better rate.

Yep. You can't get Emerald Aisle service unless you pay (at least) for an intermediate car.

So let me see if I understand correctly, because I want to rent a compact I cannot use Emerald Aisle. But as a member of the Emerald Club I can still show my card at the counter and they will know my preferences, credit card information etc and I won't have to fill out all that paperwork? Otherwise I see no advantage of being an Emerald Club member. We do not have any need to rent larger than a compact as there are just two of us and we only use the car to travel to and from the parks and resorts.

You're missing the biggest advantage of Emerald Isle - NO WAITING IN LINE!!! As well as choice of whatever happens to be in the isle.

Well worth the extra $5 or so dollars from compact to intermediate car.

JMHO,

Kelly

If the difference in price is only $5 then, yes that is no big deal. But I have to be careful. When it comes to WDW vacations I have the problem of not knowing when to stop. For example, I book a value resort but someone suggests that the "moderates are only $10-$15 more a night" so I switch over. Then I get to thinking that the deluxes with discounts are only $20-50 more per night and I upgrade to that. I have to, at some point, set a limit (I am by no means well off) and stop there. After thinking about it a great deal, going over finances etc I go right back to the original All Stars reservation.

As for a car rental, Dollar offers a better price and that is who we will probably go with unless National lowers their rates. Thanks everyone!

The procedure with EC is the same (they have your cc information etc) just a different aisle to pick from. I agree for 2 people a compact is fine (can always put your luggage in the back seat if the trunk is too small). I'd save the $ and go with Dollar. If you're on a budget and have a car staying off-site is sometimes a great way to save money. Lower rates and free breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter