EMH at MK

martin33

Mouseketeer
Good morning,

Just wondering what people's experience has been attending the evening EMH at MK in terms of crowds and wait times in general. We head over in October to Boardwalk, and am planning our itinerary now - (deciding on doing evening EMH, vs MNSSHP- with its own merits but of course an extra $700 for 4 of us for one night). Really just trying to get sense of crowds for the attractions on EMH
Thanks for any insights

When we did it in March and April there were really no crowds at all. Everything was a walk on. Longest wait was maybe 5 minutes.

I attended EMHs in April. It remained fairly busy for the first hour, gradually thinning out but it was only walk on for the last 15 minutes or so for the popular rides. Some always had at least short lines. It was definitely worth it though.

I attended EMHs in April. It remained fairly busy for the first hour, gradually thinning out but it was only walk on for the last 15 minutes or so for the popular rides. Some always had at least short lines. It was definitely worth it though.
Thanks for this - appreciate your honesty!

Good morning,

Just wondering what people's experience has been attending the evening EMH at MK in terms of crowds and wait times in general. We head over in October to Boardwalk, and am planning our itinerary now - (deciding on doing evening EMH, vs MNSSHP- with its own merits but of course an extra $700 for 4 of us for one night). Really just trying to get sense of crowds for the attractions on EMH
Thanks for any insights
Will be there 9/21. I’ll provide an update after my trip.

Did an 11-1am in April and going in 2 weeks. At midnight, PP, 7DMT, and Space were at 15 minutes. Everything else was a walk on. At 7DMT, the wait was to scan magic bands because they scanned everyone’s, not just one for the group. Once scanned, it was a walk on.

I went last week (11-1) but due to drenching rain and thunderstorms, I'm not sure my experience will give you the full picture. Around 11:30 PP was maybe 10 minutes. We only did Small World, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears and Tiki Room--and everything but PP was a walk-on/empty showing. Between my group being not into rides and the weather we didn't bother trying anything else and left around 12:45-- it was pretty unpleasant to walk around and most of the outdoor rides were closed anyway. I would have tried 7DMT at the end but it was just too unpleasant to stick around until 1 to see if it opened back up. I did get on Splash Mountain with maybe a 10 minute wait around 10:45 before the rain started.

Disney allows guests to enter a Que up until the posted closing time.....
For us the first almost hour you will get on one popular ride after the crowds will have died down and the lines will be very short...
If you ask me unless you can make it to 1AM and are peppy at Midnight... The party has had much shorter lines for the rides in the past all night.
If your intention is to go on the rides with short waits the price of the Halloween party is worth it and you will get lots of Candy and see some great street shows especially by the Haunted mansion. I 100000% agree the price is getting out there........... To me MK has become my least favorite because of the line and the crowds so that will be my justification next year rather than the extra hours.

Disney allows guests to enter a Que up until the posted closing time.....
For us the first almost hour you will get on one popular ride after the crowds will have died down and the lines will be very short...
If you ask me unless you can make it to 1AM and are peppy at Midnight... The party has had much shorter lines for the rides in the past all night.
If your intention is to go on the rides with short waits the price of the Halloween party is worth it and you will get lots of Candy and see some great street shows especially by the Haunted mansion. I 100000% agree the price is getting out there........... To me MK has become my least favorite because of the line and the crowds so that will be my justification next year rather than the extra hours.
thank you - yes at $670 for 4 of us for MNSSHP I am really contemplating giving it a miss. We are early risers so capitalize on the early park access typically more than anything else

We went on July 6. Didn't even get to MK till about time to attend the Seats and Treats fireworks dessert party. Had just enough time before that to ride People Mover and Buzz.
We saved all the rides for EMH. We got in all the rides we wanted to.
Big Thunder had the longest wait of the night. We saved 7DMT till the last.
We skipped Space (we don't ride that spinal realignment system)
I do wish we had made time for Splash before the EHM since it's not open (I always forget that)

We went in mid July. It is true that the most popular rides will have fairly long waits while they clear out regular guests, but almost all the other rides will have much shorter waits because most of those who jump in line at closing head to for the most part SDMT and Space. We rode what we wanted other than those until those lines cleared out and ended the evening riding those 2 as well as any others that had much of a wait. We liked it well enough that we're doing a split stay this month, moving over to the Beach Club Mon-Wed to catch the evening hours.

Went last night. Arrived around 6:30. Heavy rain around 8:45 for maybe 45 minutes. With Genie+ lined up and the crowds light we ended up doing a lot of the rides by 11:00 including PP, Jungle and 7D. Did Buzz after 11 as we were stuck on people mover from 11 to 11:20 or so. Just enjoyed the light park but anyone could do that. I noticed at 11:30 7D showed 25 min wait and PP 15. Everything else walk on. I don’t think we would do it again unless it was busier. Left around 12:15. Kills the morning the next day.

Went last night. Arrived around 6:30. Heavy rain around 8:45 for maybe 45 minutes. With Genie+ lined up and the crowds light we ended up doing a lot of the rides by 11:00 including PP, Jungle and 7D. Did Buzz after 11 as we were stuck on people mover from 11 to 11:20 or so. Just enjoyed the light park but anyone could do that. I noticed at 11:30 7D showed 25 min wait and PP 15. Everything else walk on. I don’t think we would do it again unless it was busier. Left around 12:15. Kills the morning the next day.
The next day plans are a good point
We are natural night owls. Waking at 11:00, up till 1:00 is our natural sleep cycle. So it’s perfection as far as we are concerned. It’s ideal for the next day. But I can see how it’s not for everyone

Thanks for this - sounds like the rain helped out with crowd control

thank you - yes at $670 for 4 of us for MNSSHP I am really contemplating giving it a miss. We are early risers so capitalize on the early park access typically more than anything else
Definitely not trying to convince you on MNSSHP, but as an alternative... several in my group purchased the MNSSHP party ticket in lieu of a regular park ticket for the day. (Party ticket was cheaper than the day ticket). We did a resort / pool day up until park entry time. MNSSHP ticket gets you in at 4pm as I'm sure you know. (We actually did not get there until about 6). Everyone enjoyed the relaxing resort day and pool time. We had plenty of energy for MNSSHP. Rode everything with a walk on, except for HM and 7DMT which we opted to skip due to longer lines (for example, HM was at about 30min). Rode many rides multiple times including Space Mtn and Big Thunder. Enjoyed the Halloween fireworks, parade, trick or treating, etc. We also happen to love Halloween and the MNSSHP ambiance. Party crowd level on 8/26 was much lower than the 2 parties we attended in 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter