• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH Rope drop for FoP

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
Is there a thread somewhere for people's experiences with Extra Magic Hours rope drop for Flight of Passage? Like getting there at like 7AM and booking it over to FoP?

Once I get a link, I'll delete this thread.

Thanks! Happy Monday!

1. Is there a thread somewhere for people's experiences with Extra Magic Hours rope drop for Flight of Passage?

2. Like getting there at like 7AM and booking it over to FoP?

3. Once I get a link, I'll delete this thread.

1. Don't know of any ongoing thread specific to DAK AM EMH.

2. That would be a good strategy...
They do generally open DAK earlier than posted, so guests arriving early will be
in a better position to get to the Pandora attractions area sooner.

3. Just a note:
Posters can not delete threads.

Last edited:
We did this two days ago, there just before 7am, at front, two people ahead of us at turnstile. We lost some time as my Magic Band / finger played up (felt really bad for people behind me). We were let into the park about 7:45, then held at turning into Avatar for a few mins, we were about 10 or so rows back by this time. Then when they let us in it was chaos, not from CMs, they did their best on paths that aren't good for mad rushes. Guests were pushing running, never seen anything like it, it made me feel quite nervous. We are 2 adults in our fifties-fit/fast walkers. We just carried on at a fast but safe walking pace. We were on ride by 8am, also did Navi & up to Safari by about 8:50.

Did at one point wonder why I put myself through it, we were at the front of the pack so people really didn't need to act that way. Hate to think what it was like further back. Ride was worth it though

We were at Hollywood Studios yesterday and I have to say just as busy for Toy Story Mania, but better controlled, CM who was issuing 'instructions' said if she saw anyone running she'd send them to the back- I believed her!

As mentioned, whatever time they post for AK to open, be there at least 30 minutes ahead (this means at the rope, not going through security) as it almost alway opens early. They will let you close to Pandora and usually to the rides before park opening. If you get to the park at opening, you can easily have a 60+ minute wait for FoP.

If we wanted to do this tomorrow we should get to turnstyles at 7:30am? EMH starts at 8am.

Does anyone have a good read on how busy Na'vi gets on EMH mornings before official opening?

Does anyone have a good read on how busy Na'vi gets on EMH mornings before official opening?

Na'vi is virtually a "walk-on" compared to FoP.

But, it will get busier as time progresses as guests who already rode FoP decide to give Na'vi a try.

I think Na'vi was posted as 20 mins but was only about 10-15 for us. This was after riding FOP so about 8:30 am?

Our AK day is saturday, august 25, EMH is 8am, and TP has it as a level 4 crowd level. Our plan is to be at the POP bus stop at 6:30, will that work? That should get us to the park around 7ish, correct?

We were at AK at approximately 7:10 a.m. last Wednesday for an 8:00 a.m. EMH. At about 7:40, we were able to scan our bands and several cast members walked us over to Pandora. Guests staying offsite had to walk to the right (away from Pandora). No one could run and get ahead of the Cast members. It was pretty civilized, and we had no situations except for the stroller that ran over my foot twice! No injuries luckily. We were able to walk on FoP and then get in line and walk on to Navi River. We then did Standby at Dinosaur before walking back for our 9:00 FoP FP. By then, it said it was an hour wait for Standby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter