EMH

mastodon

Mouseketeer
Just wondering- if I use emh at CA with an 8am open- will I be at the back of a line if I wanted to jump to DL for their open at 9? In other words is it more advantageous to be in line 45 mins early to get into DL or can I get a few rides in at CA and then jump over? Do I go to a back of a line once I leave CA?

Are you staying on site? Only on site guests have the perk of EE (early entry) to DCA.

If you have the advantage of EE for DCA, I'd think you'd want to be there for a couple of hour before you hop over to DL.

If DL opens at 9am and you plan to start at 8 in DCA then hop for DL's 9am opening, you are going to have a mass of people ahead of you at the gates.

Geemo

As @Geemo said, EMH at DCA is for onsite guests only. That might be your case, but since there is a lot of confusion surrounding the difference between EMH and MM, it's always good to clarify.

That said, if you are planning on jumping over to DL, then yes, you'd have to get into the back of whatever lines are still at the gate when you go.

I'd do extra magic hour at DCA and then hop a couple hours later because of the backup at DL gate. Are you set on rope dropping DL that day?

For a 9am opening, DL lets guests in at 8. They can walk up the Main Street and congregate in the Hub, where there are actual ropes holding them back. At 9am they roll up those and there is a crowd of people heading to the top rides. Because walkways are narrow at DL, it can definitely be a funnel and if you aren't there by 8:30 you'll be pretty far back.

I would recommend just doing DCA in the morning. That park has the 2 busiest rides at DLR (RSR and GotG) which have FPs that run out quickly. The rides at DL still have FPs available well into the afternoon (even Space Mountain). The only FP that runs out is Fantasmic.

If you have the advantage of EE for DCA, I'd think you'd want to be there for a couple of hour before you hop over to DL.
I'd do extra magic hour at DCA and then hop a couple hours later because of the backup at DL gate. Are you set on rope dropping DL that day?
I agree with the above. I can't imagine doing it this way. Either skip DCA EMH or use DCA EMH and stay a couple hours.

With MaxPass you can book your DL FPs from DCA and maybe that will partially help you in your desire to get started at DL.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter