EMM obsession...anyone else doing both?

KrazeeK120

DIS Veteran
Thought I’d find out if there are any other EMM crazies out there! We did the MK EMM last year in May and it was one of the highlights of our trip. So, naturally, we booked it again for our upcoming trip. Upon learning about the DHS EMM yesterday, I immediately booked that, too. So, we will be spending the first 2 mornings of our trip at EMM!

The early events work well for my family. We have one child, who is almost 3 years old. He’s an early riser, and we don’t stay in the parks past dinner time. He does best maintaining his bedtime routine and schedule from home, so things like MNSSHP just don’t work well for us right now. I think he’s over 38 inches, so hoping he will be able to ride 7 Dwarves and Slinky if he wants.

I’m really looking forward to these EMM events!

We are doing both as well! They'll fall on days 2 and 3 of a 7 day trip. I'm so excited to get our fill of several headliners early, so that as our trip progresses (and we get more tired) we can slow down a bit and focus on other things. My kids are up early too, so it makes sense for us as well. I'm really excited!

Yes, count us in as crazies too!

Our boys (4 and 2) are both autistic and their obsessions are currently Toy Story and Mickey Mouse. The fact that we can go with smaller crowds AND now do character M&G at TSL is absolutely priceless.

They are both up around 6:00am everyday, so the early morning suits us just fine.

I was jumping around the house like a crazy person yesterday after booking DHS!

I'm doing DHS EMM on Dec. 5th. I did EMM in MK in May, so I will end up doing both...just not in the same trip. :rotfl:

I have been pondering it.

We are also doing 2 dessert parties, so I guess we are just extra with extras this trip! :laughing:

Yes, count us in as crazies too!

Our boys (4 and 2) are both autistic and their obsessions are currently Toy Story and Mickey Mouse. The fact that we can go with smaller crowds AND now do character M&G at TSL is absolutely priceless.

They are both up around 6:00am everyday, so the early morning suits us just fine.

I was jumping around the house like a crazy person yesterday after booking DHS!

Haha, glad you were so excited! I was kind of freaking out a little. I had literally just done all of my FPs (as of that wasn’t stressful enough) and then I found out about this and had to switch a few days (and FPs) around in order to make it work. So I had a more adventurous morning than I was planning!

Count me in! EMM in the MK was one of the highlights for our June trip! We booked it again for our post-Thanksgiving trip on Tuesday 11-27... and I booked EMM in HS for the day before Monday 11-26. We're also doing the JBJB dessert party and MVMCP so it's definitely a trip of extras. But I decided the two EMMs made more sense than the CL FPs we were going to book (primarily to do TSL), since we get multiple rides on headliners this way plus breakfast. (At least that's how I'm justifying it all to myself...:P) . My kids are also early risers, so EMM works well for us.

Well, my plan was to have three MK EMMs but two have been cancelled and I have something on Monday I can not move so only doing one HS EMM. Overall, two instead of possible five... I just honestly do not see any better way to spend 70-80 dollars. We come Disney from the UK every year in October, we buy our flight tickets in advance and stay at Port Orleans Riverside (most of all because we love but also do not want to spend too much on hotel) so I am trying to reduce my costs but these events are so worth the money that I never hesitate.
Old HS EMM was good and I think we have every reason to believe that the new one should be better. And MK EMM is just awesome.
And we do not even eat breakfast at MK EMM (it is not bad but we consider the first hour in the park to be way to precious).

I'm hoping to do both in March. The HS one starts after we leave in September, otherwise I would have booked it.

We are doing one. That's a stretch as it is. My wife enjoys her sleep.

Lol, I used to as well. Then I had a kid. I figure this won’t last forever though. Even if he ends up being an early riser, eventually he’ll be able to take care of himself until I wake up!

We aren’t going until April/May but if both are available then we’ll do both.

We definitely would do both if HS party started 2 weeks earlier! We are there from Aug 25th-Sep3. Doing FS party twice but would certainly cancel one of those and book HS. Well worth the cost to us.

Count us in for both. Oct 22 DHS EMM and Oct. 23 MK EMM. It should make the days so much easier getting our fill of those rides done early in the AM. We were already planning on DHS Monday Oct. 23, but now I changed FP to early afternoon at Epcot so we can hop over there for a couple hours. Would have loved to use that days FP at AK in the evening but FOP FP were already gone. Wish they would have announced it last week so I wasn't making these decisions on the fly? We already had one Epcot day planned so didn't necessarily need extra Epcot FP, but this did allow the ability to now prebook two tier one fast passes.

What is everyone thinking about RD strategy after DHS EMM but before breakfast? We have smaller children, so may hit Star Tours a couple of times before breakfast.

Fellow crazies reporting! We did MK EMM in May and loved it. It was the first trip my DS was over 38” so I was excited to finally be able to ride 7DMT. We booked it again for 9/30 and when I found out yesterday about HS EMM I booked it right away for 10/1. We arrive the evening of 9/28, so I figure at the beginning of our trip we’ll still have plenty of energy. And I didn’t have anything planned in the evenings of the prior days so i figure we can get to bed a little early. I’m nervous about getting from POFQ to HS so early but hopefully the Minnie Vans are available.

Fellow crazies reporting! We did MK EMM in May and loved it. It was the first trip my DS was over 38” so I was excited to finally be able to ride 7DMT. We booked it again for 9/30 and when I found out yesterday about HS EMM I booked it right away for 10/1. We arrive the evening of 9/28, so I figure at the beginning of our trip we’ll still have plenty of energy. And I didn’t have anything planned in the evenings of the prior days so i figure we can get to bed a little early. I’m nervous about getting from POFQ to HS so early but hopefully the Minnie Vans are available.
We have never had any issues with getting to MK in time for EMM from Port Orleans Riverside, so I am sure it is the case for POFQ as well. And for HS it should not be any different. Also, I beleive, now you can check buses arrivals on the app, so should be easy to manage.

Thought I’d find out if there are any other EMM crazies out there! We did the MK EMM last year in May and it was one of the highlights of our trip. So, naturally, we booked it again for our upcoming trip. Upon learning about the DHS EMM yesterday, I immediately booked that, too. So, we will be spending the first 2 mornings of our trip at EMM!

The early events work well for my family. We have one child, who is almost 3 years old. He’s an early riser, and we don’t stay in the parks past dinner time. He does best maintaining his bedtime routine and schedule from home, so things like MNSSHP just don’t work well for us right now. I think he’s over 38 inches, so hoping he will be able to ride 7 Dwarves and Slinky if he wants.

I’m really looking forward to these EMM events!
We've gone to 3 at MK and booked our first for TSL for December. I would totally do MK as well if it's offered, but don't expect it to be.

Want to do both, but I have immovable adr plans on the only day DHS is an option. Sigh.

We love EMM, have done MK one multiple times.

Count us in for both. Oct 22 DHS EMM and Oct. 23 MK EMM. It should make the days so much easier getting our fill of those rides done early in the AM. We were already planning on DHS Monday Oct. 23, but now I changed FP to early afternoon at Epcot so we can hop over there for a couple hours. Would have loved to use that days FP at AK in the evening but FOP FP were already gone. Wish they would have announced it last week so I wasn't making these decisions on the fly? We already had one Epcot day planned so didn't necessarily need extra Epcot FP, but this did allow the ability to now prebook two tier one fast passes.

What is everyone thinking about RD strategy after DHS EMM but before breakfast? We have smaller children, so may hit Star Tours a couple of times before breakfast.

I actually don’t have a rope drop strategy, which is strange for me. I got FPs for my husband for Star Tours and RnRC. DS isn’t tall enough to ride, Star Tours makes me ill, and I don’t want to ride RnRC alone. None of us are interested in Tower of Terror. I was thinking we’d try to go meet Olaf first thing...DS really wants to meet him and I figure lines will be shortest then. We plan to do Muppet Vision and see what shows we feel like going to that day. I’m actually looking forward to having a relaxed day. It’ll be our first park day after driving for 2 days to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter