Emma Watson choosen to play Belle

I think she makes a great choice, but doesn't she have a british accent? Goodness, I might be way off.....I'll have to Google this!

For those that don't like her in this role, who would you suggest might play a better Belle? I can't think of anyone, so that is why I ask.

Actresses frequently drop and create accents for roles.

I think she makes a great choice, but doesn't she have a british accent? Goodness, I might be way off.....I'll have to Google this!

For those that don't like her in this role, who would you suggest might play a better Belle? I can't think of anyone, so that is why I ask.

Lots of actors have accents that they change for a role.

Actresses frequently drop and create accents for roles.

Examples:

House doesn't have a British accent, but have you ever actually listened to Hugh Laurie speak?

David Tennant is Scottish, but uses an English accent in Doctor Who and an American accent in Gracepoint.

Daniel Radcliffe didn't use his natural voice when on Broadway for How to Succeed in Business (er... as far as I know).

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don't have a problem with her English accent. Since Belle lives in a country with a castle, that should exclude any actress with an American accent. Emma can tone down her accent if necessary.

FWIW, British actress Hayley Mills played both twins in the original "Parent Trap." One of the twins was from Boston and the other from Monterey, CA. But she did fine with both.

Both characters sounded totally British

Examples:

House doesn't have a British accent, but have you ever actually listened to Hugh Laurie speak?

David Tennant is Scottish, but uses an English accent in Doctor Who and an American accent in Gracepoint.

Daniel Radcliffe didn't use his natural voice when on Broadway for How to Succeed in Business (er... as far as I know).

Wash, rinse, repeat.

And since Vivian Leigh was mentioned up thread, VL was British & taught a "southern" accent for Gone With the Wind. (Honestly, her southern accent is better than most actors who aren't "from around here".)

Emma is going to be absolutely stunning. I can't wait for production to begin because I can't wait to see the first photos of her in Belle's golden gown!!! It's going to be amazing. She's perfect for the role. Much love from an obsessive musical theater thespian and a harry potter fanatic ;)

Learning accents (and perfecting them) is part of being an actor! I have a degree in Musical Theater and I can do about 7 accents. My favorite is Cockney. Had to learn that to play Eliza Doolittle.

Examples:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I saw that production! DRad struggled a little bit at points, but definitely tried as hard as possible to keep an "American" accent throughout the whole show.

Learning accents (and perfecting them) is part of being an actor! I have a degree in Musical Theater and I can do about 7 accents. My favorite is Cockney. Had to learn that to play Eliza Doolittle.

Hopefully yours is better than Dick Van Dyke's was!

Isn't Belle from France? So she shouldn't have an American Accent anyways? :confused3 the girl in the new Cinderella movie is British as well but I guess we really don't know where Cinderella is from. :)

Examples:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yes! :thumbsup2

Also Damien Lewis from Homeland.......British!
Stephen Moyer ( Bill from True Blood).... British!
And lots more. :)

Isn't Belle from France? So she shouldn't have an American Accent anyways? :confused3 the girl in the new Cinderella movie is British as well but I guess we really don't know where Cinderella is from. :)

Yes! :thumbsup2

Also Damien Lewis from Homeland.......British!
Stephen Moyer ( Bill from True Blood).... British!
And lots more. :)

..details, details....:lmao:

..details, details....:lmao:

:lmao: it is like in Star Trek ( I don't watch so maybe there is a storyline) ) but I always wondered why someone named Jean Luc Picard has a British accent. Yes, I know Patrick Stewart is British. Was Jean Luc of French ancestry but raised in Britain? If anyone knows, tell me.! I have been wondering this for decades. :lmao:

:lmao: it is like in Star Trek ( I don't watch so maybe there is a storyline) ) but I always wondered why someone named Jean Luc Picard has a British accent. Yes, I know Patrick Stewart is British. Was Jean Luc of French ancestry but raised in Britain? If anyone knows, tell me.! I have been wondering this for decades. :lmao:

There are clips somewhere of Stewart trying a French accent. Apparently it didn't work very well. I'm not sure if they were ever made public.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-1-16/lit...n-showrunners-wanted-capt-picard-speak-french

Of course...there's always this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qKakipfkAA ;)

What does that icon mean LOL LOL LOL

The wizard "magically" fixed the errors that you had in your post - even highlighted them for you to see.

I can see Emma in the role - with or without her English accent (Belle having an American accent in the Disney movie never made much sense to me anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter