Emmy Nominations

It's nice to see James Marsden nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for Jury Duty.

I definitely recommend watching Jury Duty. It's a quirky, funny series, free on Freevee (or Amazon Prime.) It's concept is a documentary style "reality show" where everyone is secretly an actor, there for jury duty, except one guy who doesn't know everyone else is improv acting around him.

It follows him as he first has to watch the odd, zany assortment of people getting picked for jury duty, and those trying to get off. You know how life is sometimes stranger than fiction? Or as they say, "You just can't make some stuff up." And sometimes, you feel like turning your head to look for hidden cameras because you're sure your being punked, but it really is real life. Well, he goes through it all. Only, it's NOT real life. :lmao:

James Marden shows up as a jerkier version of himself trying to get out of jury duty. He's hilarious. :rotfl:

Last edited:
It's nice to see James Marsden nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for Jury Duty.

I definitely recommend watching Jury Duty. It's a quirky, funny series, free on Freevee (or Amazon Prime.) It's concept is a documentary style "reality show" where everyone is secretly an actor, there for jury duty, except one guy who doesn't know everyone else is improv acting around him.

It follows him as he first has to watch the odd, zany assortment of people getting picked for jury duty, and those trying to get off. You know how life is sometimes stranger than fiction? Or as they say, "You just can't make some stuff up." And sometimes, you feel like turning your head to look for hidden cameras because you're sure your being punked, but it really is real life. Well, he goes through it all. Only, it's NOT real life. :lmao:

James Marden shows up as a jerkier version of himself trying to get out of jury duty. He's hilarious. :rotfl:
I’ve heard great things about this show so asked H to put it on. I wasn’t paying attention at first (kids had a big party last night in the yard), turns out we watched the finale.

No way would a person on strike possibly stretch the truth for their cause 😛
Streaming is the big issue according to both sides.
Like I posted, generally far fewer episodes, which adds up to less work for the writers and actors.
And most of the streaming service are run by public corporations and their balance sheets are public record, and streaming frequently loses money which means the streaming services don't have the money to produce more content.
Doesn't mean it can't change. Remember it took 14 years before Amazon turned a profit.

I’ve heard great things about this show so asked H to put it on. I wasn’t paying attention at first (kids had a big party last night in the yard), turns out we watched the finale.

:scratchin Actually, it shouldn't make much of a difference in watching it from the beginning. We viewers already know at the beginning that there is one person who doesn't know he's the one person in which the whole situation is happening around. It's all about the journey and the spontaneous interactions and reactions.

In fact, there are extra "bonus episodes" where they go through all the episodes again with narration and commentary by all the actors, the guy, along with the director and producers as we see the event unfolding again, but from their perspectives. I watched them all. It is just as hilarious as watching it the first time because now we find out what has been going on behind the scenes as it was happening live, all the moving parts, and how much the actors all improvised their parts as it was all dependent on what the guy did, his reactions, who he interacted with throughout. :rotfl: It truly was an ensemble experience.

Last edited:
Going through the categories (shows and people categories that mention the shows) - I've watched Abbot Elementary, Ted Lasso, Wednesday, Hocus Pocus 2, Jeopardy, Judy Blume Forever, and Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie.

It's like the Oscars. I used to have seen most, if not all, of the nominations for best picture, now I haven't even heard of many of them, let alone seen them.

I enjoyed Wednesday. I would like to watch Ted Lasso one of these days, but I don't currently subscribe to Apple. After this thread I will have a look at Beef, though.

:scratchin Actually, it shouldn't make much of a difference in watching it from the beginning. We viewers already know at the beginning that there is one person who doesn't know he's the one person in which the who situation is happening to. It's all about the journey and the spontaneous interactions and reactions.

In fact, there are extra "bonus episodes" where they go through all the episodes again with narration and commentary by all the actors, the guy, along with the director and producers as we see the event unfolding again. I watched them all. It is just as hilarious as watching it the first time because now we find out what has been going on behind the scenes as it was happening live and how much the actors all improvised their parts as it was all dependent on what the guy did, his reactions, who he interacted with throughout. :rotfl: It truly was an ensemble experience.
Thanks, I was wondering it it would still be good.

and Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie.

How was that? Was it sad and very hard to watch?

I saw the briefest clip of an interview where Michael said he knows he won't make it to 80 years old. He talked about how many times he's fallen and fallen over things and broken so many bones over the years. :(

I remember watching Glen Campbell's story of his journey with Alzheimer's getting progressively worse. The show was very informative, which is why he did it. But, it was painful to watch him go through it. :(

I would never have classified either Barry or Poker Face as "comedies."

Sometimes, it's more about getting a show or actor classified in a category where they will WIN. A few years ago, two A-lister actresses were in the same movie and the movie studio entered one for the Lead Actress category and the other for the Supporting Actress category, even though she was in the movie almost as much as the other actress, and way more than any of the other actresses nominated for their supporting roles. Of course she won for Supporting Actress.

Sometimes, it's more about getting a show or actor classified in a category where they will WIN. A few years ago, two A-lister actresses were in the same movie and the movie studio entered one for the Lead Actress category and the other for the Supporting Actress category, even though she was in the movie almost as much as the other actress, and way more than any of the other actresses nominated for their supporting roles. Of course she won for Supporting Actress.
I vaguely remember that!

News out yesterday, but not unexpected:

Emmy Awards 2023, originally scheduled for September 18, will be postponed until January 2024 due to ongoing Hollywood strikes.

(This marks the first time the Emmy Awards have been postponed since 2001, when they were rescheduled following the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.)

The latest (and ongoing) rumors according to TMZ is that the strikes are expected to continue for months.
restlessvillagers.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter