• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Emotional Disney Park/Movie moments!!

disneyroach33

Earning My Ears
I was listening to a podcast and thought this was a great idea, and just wanted to see what others would say.

What are some of your most emotional, choke up moments in a Disney park or in a Disney film? I'm sure you guys have plenty, and it just makes me smile thinking of some of these things since I am NOT at Disney RIGHT NOW. :goodvibes Just a couple--

1) When you watch Wishes...just...wow. Last year I almost cried. And lost all form of masculinity.

2) Seeing Cinderella's Castle when you first get to Magic Kingdom. I get that real warm, emotional fuzzy feeling and just have to take a moment to take it in--I mean, you're AT Disney.

3) I have more, but one I would just like to mention, that my friend makes fun of me all the time for, and I'm sure it sounds weird is the song "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2. I first saw that scene and almost cried, and now every time it plays I feel I need to be quiet and soak it in--like a funeral or something. It makes me that weird sad feeling. :)

If this isn't in the right forum, please feel free to moving it, and happy responding!;)

Leaving:sad1:

Towards the end of the trip I find myself walking past the people checking in in the lobby and being jealous of them just starting their trip!

When I walked onto Main Street with my boys for their first trip..

At the parks it would have to be the first time I see the castle during my vacation. I take a deep breath and say I am back:)

Films that made me cry would have to be anything Disney LOL some like 8 below just made me cry:sad: like a baby. The animated film I cried at the most was the Lion king when his dad dies and the End where he takes over pride rock again. Its silly but Disney films are to me the best.

Every time I watch Illuminations. I always take the part in the middle with the globe (kinda boring) to be thankful that:
A) I am at Disney
B) My Husband and I physically and financially able to be there
C) Things in life are generally good
and now...
D) Remember family members who have left us since the last time we saw illuminations

The "Baby Mine" scene in Dumbo......kills me!!

Sitting at an outside table at MK people watching and checking the park out.

Illuminations, definitely

Leaving:sad1:

Towards the end of the trip I find myself walking past the people checking in in the lobby and being jealous of them just starting their trip!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way. I find myself looking at them thinking- you lucky dog!! :confused3 :rotfl2: Just think though a week before that chances are there was someone else looking at me thinking the same thing. :rotfl2:

I love the excitement of seeing the Disney buses as we are getting near the resort. I get so overwhelmed at the detail put into everything at all the parks I just love soaking it all in.

The part in the WDW Vacation Planning DVD with the little girl and the dad or grandpa where she asks him what he dreams about and his reply is "I dream about you" gets me every time - and my DS3 watches it at least 3 times a week!

the drive back to the airport when off in the distance you see the tower of terror, or pretty much anything!

last year when we arrived i remember hearing a woman say to her husband "i wish we were just getting here!"

Always the first glimpse of the castle brings tears to my eyes. There is something about turning down Main Street and knowing you are finally here.

Last time I stood during Wishes, watching the reflection of the fireworks on my children's face, with tears streaming down my face. I knew that that was a magical moment in time that I could never get back and a memory that would last a lifetime. (Gee it still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it)

And I always get choked up when I have to exit the MK gates for the last time of our vacation.

My DH thinks I am crazy. I think it is amazing how much emotion WDW can bring on.

I get choked up near the end of Fantasmic when Mickey comes out all shiny and saves the day by defeating the evil. Something about that moment really gets to me. :)

I always tear up at MK rope drop when the train pulls up with all the characters. I feel like I am 6 again and experiencing it all for the first time. I have also been known to tear up at Wishes and whenever I remember Peter Pan asking my DD "how old" she was and when she told him "12" he told her "she was dangerously closing to growing up". When we celebrated her hs graduation at WDW last April I couldn't help but cry as I recalled that moment.

As for movies...the scene that gets me everytime is in the Little Mermaid at the end between King Triton and Sebastian after Ariel gets married. King Triton tells him "There's only one problem left. How much I'm going to miss her."

First, let me say that I hate all of you for making me misty eyed reading these!!! LOL!!!

Any of those old Disney commercials really do it for me. I usually see them on the old VHS(yes, I still have a VCR!!) tapes in the very beginning. My tops are the one where the older brother is telling the younger one all about Disney as they're packing. Then he says that they still have three weeks to go!!

The one where the child starts to walk and walks right into Mickey's arms!! I get emotional every single time!!

But, the one that really gets me is the commercial where it's an African-Amercian boy and he's done just about everything at MK that day. His dad asks him has he seen everything he's wanted and he said no, that there was something missing. Just then, Mickey walks up behind him and surprises him. He runs into his arms and just hugs him, saying he's been waiting to see him!!!

The movies for me is Lion King, Little Mermaid. Everytime!!! I'm sure there's more, but I'm suppose to be "working" and I'm typing on here, practically crying!!! LOL!!!

The One Man's Dream movie gets me. At the end when they play the music and show the scenes of Walt, I always tear up.

The first time I see the tip top of the castle I get excited and weepy at the same time! I still remember the first time I saw it in 2003. We were in a cab on our way to the CR for dinner, it was our first day and my little girl saw it and started clapping and crying at the same time. I think of that every time I see it now.

I love being in the amphitheater before Fantasmic. Seeing all the people doing the wave, the glow toys and being with several thousand people, all worn out and happy from a fun day, excited for the show.

I also cried once at California Adventure in Disneyland on Soarin. We sat next to a group of Japanese students who were riding for the first time. Hearing their amazement and excitement made me realize Disney is the universal language! I knew exactly what they were saying even though I couldn't understand one word!

And that song Jessi sings in Toy Story 2 gets me too. I remember seeing that movie when my kids were little and now when I hear it I tear up thinking about that first time we saw it. Plus its a sad song! Cinderella gets me too, my dd and I watched that on the Disney Magic in the pool and now each time I see a clip I remember that day.

Ahh, I could go on and on. Great thread!!

I get choked up during Wishes, during the Honey I Shrunk the Audience pre-show, and at the end of The Great Movie Ride where they play all the movie clips.

I was listening to the "Golden Dreams" song from The American Adventure on my iPod yesterday and every time I hear the lunar landing audio I always get choked up. What a historical moment - I wish I had been alive to see it.

At WDW:

1. The sign you go under when you get there, and suddenly all the road signs turn purple.

2. The first glimpse of the castle on Main Street USA... the hustle-bustle, the scent from the bakery, the photographers, the balloon guy... and my whole childhood flashes before my eyes.

3. Wishes, need I say more?

In Disney Films:

1. The part in Fox and the Hound where she starts to drive Tod to the preserve, and the whole way there she is thinking about all they've shared together, and he's totally oblivious to the fact that she has to just leave him in the middle of nowhere. Ugh, can't even get through that part. I could never imagine having to do that to one of my pets.

2. The end of The Little Mermaid when she says goodbye to her daddy.

Seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time is a big one for a lot of people. I was especially overcome on the trip DB (now DH) and I took in college, when it had been so long since I'd last visited. Hearing the music from "Spectromagic" is a big thing for me as well. I may have to pick up the soundtrack CD this time, if it's available.

Films? Sheesh, we could be here all day, so I'm just going to pick out two more obscure ones.

The expression on Daisy's face when she and Donald are reunited in the "Pomp and Circumstance" segment of "Fantasia 2000" just floors me. Donald looks just plain happy, but Daisy is clearly on the verge of tears she's so overjoyed to see that Donald is alive.

And much as I don't agree with Disney making sequels to older classic movies, I have to admit that the shot in "Return to Never Land" where Peter Pan is hiding in the shadows and watching the adult Wendy standing at the window puts a lump in my throat. I think it might have been a little much to have him actually go and talk to her, but that scene still works for me.

Those are a few, out of many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter