Emotions Running High

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless, or simply don't care or are unbothered by it? As the phrase goes, "not my circus, not my monkeys".
Could be the reason why most Disney news sites haven't picked up the story, nor has local news.
I think clueless. I saw someone bring up Pete in the DVC boards and they were quickly shut up by mods, directing them over to the podcast threads. This is the only area we are allowed to speak somewhat freely apparently.

I think clueless. I saw someone bring up Pete in the DVC boards and they were quickly shut up by mods, directing them over to the podcast threads. This is the only area we are allowed to speak somewhat freely apparently.
It’s clear the supporters of the current regime and leadership itself have employed an isolate and contain strategy to ensure BAU as soon as possible - which indicates less concern about addressing the culture and more about moving on as if nothing happened to preserve whatever “benefits” are derived from such relationships.

Anything else is just lip service at this point. I’ve already observed the cries of “what else are they supposed to do …”, “tangible steps have been taken …”, “only a few [‘agitators’] care about this - no one else does” approach to quickly paper over real change.

I wouldn’t count on being able to speak “freely” much longer either regardless of how many threads remain open. Certain Users “conveniently” will be ‘watched’ and any missteps will be pounced on with the excuse of “trying to move on and heal” to further isolate those still wanting some form of accountability.

Eventually, it will get back to the “there is more to the story than you know”, “if you don’t like it, move on”, and “it’s really none of our business on what the leadership decides to do” - those last few especially have been common refrains for years now (and not just from Pete) - especially visible if you weren’t bowing properly to the hippogryphs that monitor the boards on leadership’s behalf. It is what it is …

I won’t speak for all posters on here but some could also just be continuing status quo for the time being while monitoring the current situation and allowing for steps to be taken to implement changes or not.

As it stands it looks like more of just let’s huddle up and hope it all dies down and restrict discussion of it to the DisUnplugged boards and the community board.

DISappointing if that remains the case.

Last edited:

I can't believe what I'm reading on these boards and the pig piling going on . First the money allegations are just that until its resolved in court. We don't know what the facts of that case are at all. As for the SA allegations that is all he said she said nonsense until its brought in front of a Jury with all evidence and both sides being able to present a case. I don't think anyone has filed charges at all. In this country while we can believe what we want ; WE ARE ALL INOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY ! Edgar Allan Poe said it best ; " Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see. " The truth is somewhere but not on the internet. The only person not talking is the one being charged which is his right and actually the smartest thing to do.

I can't believe what I'm reading on these boards and the pig piling going on . First the money allegations are just that until its resolved in court. We don't know what the facts of that case are at all. As for the SA allegations that is all he said she said nonsense until its brought in front of a Jury with all evidence and both sides being able to present a case. I don't think anyone has filed charges at all. In this country while we can believe what we want ; WE ARE ALL INOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY ! Edgar Allan Poe said it best ; " Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see. " The truth is somewhere but not on the internet. The only person not talking is the one being charged which is his right and actually the smartest thing to do.
You have DEFINITELY come to the wrong place with THAT opinion..... 😂

It’s clear the supporters of the current regime and leadership itself have employed an isolate and contain strategy to ensure BAU as soon as possible - which indicates less concern about addressing the culture and more about moving on as if nothing happened to preserve whatever “benefits” are derived from such relationships.

Anything else is just lip service at this point. I’ve already observed the cries of “what else are they supposed to do …”, “tangible steps have been taken …”, “only a few [‘agitators’] care about this - no one else does” approach to quickly paper over real change.

I wouldn’t count on being able to speak “freely” much longer either regardless of how many threads remain open. Certain Users “conveniently” will be ‘watched’ and any missteps will be pounced on with the excuse of “trying to move on and heal” to further isolate those still wanting some form of accountability.

Eventually, it will get back to the “there is more to the story than you know”, “if you don’t like it, move on”, and “it’s really none of our business on what the leadership decides to do” - those last few especially have been common refrains for years now (and not just from Pete) - especially visible if you weren’t bowing properly to the hippogryphs that monitor the boards on leadership’s behalf. It is what it is …
Come on ...talk about conspiracy theories! Even though I've been the "victim" myself many times -I still agree the boards need consistent moderation. There are places you can vent that allow you to say whatever you want -this isn't, and never has been, that place. You know going in that's the way it will be. Their Board, their rules.

Hi Pete. Nice of you to join the conversation. 🙄

The person in question resigned all positions in businesses dating back over 2 decades. Pretty easy to see there is more to this than internet rumors.

If you believe someone is guilty before innocent than your in the wrong place.
I didn't expect you to pick up on my sarcasm -I apologize. It was a joke. I was tar and feathered earlier in the week -the main problem with that is it's been really nice here and do you know how difficult it is to work on a tan in this condition?

Come on ...talk about conspiracy theories! Even though I've been the "victim" myself many times -I still agree the boards need consistent moderation. There are places you can vent that allow you to say whatever you want -this isn't, and never has been, that place. You know going in that's the way it will be. Their Board, their rules.
I am not really a flat-earther type … the receipts exist as they are in pretty plain view - I think I have a real, albeit cynical viewpoint, and I appreciate your desire to attack the credibility of it, dismissing it as “conspiracy”, as I am sure many will. That’s cool, based on some of your past inputs, I guess I am in good company? Oh yeah, and Have a Disney Day!

I personally went to the Orange County Clerks web page and saw the charges AmEx is bringing against PW. J has claimed via his attorney that DU had no knowledge that PW took out that credit card in the company’s name. AmEx is suing to re-coop nearly (if not more) than $900,000. J and company have probably been advised not to speak on this. J via DU have asked for a jury trial to protect himself and his company from PW’s alleged unlawful acts. A jury will decide the verdict but J probably has more than enough evidence to back up his claim. This lawsuit has been ongoing since March 2023.

It’s not “he said she said.” PW has not disputed the (alleged, for legal purposes) victim’s claim. I’m not a believer in “if he/she said they’ve been abused, believe it” since the trial of a famous movie pirate, but in this case, I viewed the video’ed statement of the victim, saw the video’ed statement of a co-worker, read first person accounts of people familiar with those involved, and I personally believe the victim to be telling the truth. The victim, in this case, isn’t asking for criminal charges against PW. Whatever charges could have been brought are past the statute of limitations. He’s looking for healing, and did what he felt he had to do. PW could have responded, but didn’t. The above financial misconduct charges are what’s going to trial.

I am not really a flat-earther type … the receipts exist as they are in pretty plain view - I think I have a real, albeit cynical viewpoint, and I appreciate your desire to attack the credibility of it, dismissing it as “conspiracy”, as I am sure many will. That’s cool, based on some of your past inputs, I guess I am in good company? Oh yeah, and Have a Disney Day!
Seriously, I love you. I just think there is a lot less going on in the regime than you described.

The person in question resigned all positions in businesses dating back over 2 decades. Pretty easy to see there is more to this than internet rumors.
There are a million reasons he could have left and of course one of them is he's guilty. Other reasons could be he was bought out, pushed out, bullied out or he's just sick of it all. He also has other problems he's dealing with. Substance abuse etc. It doesn't look good at this point but what do we really know for sure except he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter