Employee (temp) discount?

Jayne Hench

Earning My Ears
I've just learned that my son ( a culinary student) will be doing his externship at WDW (Grand Floridian) starting in late Jan.!!! This - of course - means we HAVE to go again (last went in '98 when this board was just getting started - I hardly recognize it - you go Pete!)

Does anyone know if a shor term employee (3 months) gets any discount for lodging or passes for family members? I can't wait to start my planning! Thanks to all who reply....:jester:

How exciting for your son!!! I wish I knew the benefits for WDW personnel.... temp employees at TDS were able to receive "full" perks during the time they were employed. I would assume that the same would be true for WDW cast. I am sure that there is an "expert" here who can confirm one way or the other.

My wife and I are seasonal cast members during the summer for about three months. We received complimentaray admisision to the parks for ourselves and a slight discount on admission media for others. We also received 20% discounts on merchandise and food at most restaurants. The lodging discount was up to 50% depending on availability. I know this past summer we booked a room for a relative at PO Riverside for $80 including the tax which is a very good deal. We were also able on one occaison to get the All Star Music for $44 including tax. He should get these same great deals with his Cast Member ID.

Disbuf, Im curious to ask you only live in Orlando during the summer? I want to be a snow bird in a few years and go for the winter months. Do you get the same job/type each summer with disney. I have talked to cast members before about working seasonal. My niece did the college interm program at WDW and then six months in Paris. Any info will be appreciated.

Leslieh--There are several snowbirds who work in my department. They have been migrating back and forth during the winter months (they work from Sept---April roughly) for 4 years now, and LOVE it! Since they are statused as seasonal CMs, they are able to return year after year to the same department/jobs. They all have a great time, and enjoy hanging out with the many other snow birds they have met throughout the years. They especially enjoy the benefits/perks of being a CM (listed above by previous poster). Most of them live in an RV they've driven down from up north, which they are able to park in one of a number of local RV parks.

To become a seasonal CM, you need to apply in-person at Casting. If this is something you're thinking about, I would recommend you give it a try. You can always leave at the end of winter, and never return....

I too am wondering about this. My good friend's daughter just found out yesterday that she will be starting her Disney college internship mid January. We are wondering when the discounts kick in. We're thinking of driving her down, and are wondering if we can get any discount for rooms or park tickets while there.

leslieh:
My wife and I do keep the same jobs. In fact I am on the schedule for next Thursday and Friday during the holiday break. We were told that as long as we work a shift every tweelve months, we will keep our status as CT (casual temporary aka seasonal). Although we only get our discounts during times when we are working, we love having the ability to go back to the same roles each time.

barbuka:
I have several of my college students that participate in the college program. They become eligible for the discounts once they have their ID's which I believe they get after they go thorugh their Traditions class whcih is usually within a few days of checking in at the college program. ONce they have an ID, they are eligible for discounts including 20% merchandise and food, upto 50% on rooms and a slight discount on tickets for friends and family (ie $5.00 on a single day ticket, larger amounts on multiday tickets).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter