Employee tickets

Jett456

Earning My Ears
I just found out that a family member that lives in Orlando has a BF that works for DW!!! He said he can get us in when we visit next month. Does anyone know anything about employee tickets. Are they hopper or just same park tickets. Can we re-enter? Thanks for any info.

Last year we stayed on property using a cast member's non-family discount. It ended up being a great price for the room, but it disqualified us from the meal plan. And park tickets were not discounted. The only thing our friend (the cast member) offered us was the room discount. It was nice, but we love the dining plan, so we're not using it this year for our visit.

If the CM gets you in, the tickets are hoppers, unless otherwise stated.

They are 1 day hopper passes, but the CM must accompany you through the gate on his pass. They will have you sign a hopper pass and you can hop. The CM is supposed to stay with you in the park. If it is family they trust to behave they can leave them in the park while they work their shift.

They can get discounted hopper tickets for extra guests if there are more than 3 people in your group. They have to go to a special office to buy them.

Or they might have a 1 day hopper passes that they got as gift or reward for doing something special like volunteering to wotk the marathon etc.

Are you planning to use several days of his pass admittance? Depending on his status he has a certain amount of times he can bring guests in and has to be at the gate with them every time. . CPs, seasonals, and part timers do not get the same amount of days as full timers.

There are two type of tickets; the Main Gate Pass and the Comps.

Each CM gets two comps every six months and they are valid for one day's entry for one person. They will expire in two years if not used. And they can be given by the Cast Member to anyone.

Depending on the status of the CM, the Main Gate Pass can bring in a certain number of Guests (usually three unless the CM has more dependents) for a certain number of days per year. These have blockout dates. When you first go through a turnstile, it issues a readmission ticket valid as a hopper that day only (and can be used in the Fastpass machines). If you are not directly related to the CM, the CM must remain with you within the Park(s). If there is any problem the tickets can be traced to the CM who allowed you in.

Adding to what CF said, if the CM does not stay with you and something happens, the CM could lose their job. I'm not saying you would cause trouble, but many CMs are very nervous about allowing people they don't know to use their passes due to that rule.

Last year we stayed on property using a cast member's non-family discount. It ended up being a great price for the room, but it disqualified us from the meal plan. And park tickets were not discounted. The only thing our friend (the cast member) offered us was the room discount. It was nice, but we love the dining plan, so we're not using it this year for our visit.

When I was a CM we could book discount rooms with the dining plan no problem. We actually did that for ourselves one weekend as we wanted to experience a deluxe resort :goodvibes

The print out ticket is called an "E ticket" and has no blackout dates and are hoppers and the CM does not have to be with you. I also believe you cannot use it to upgrade say to an AP

I also believe you cannot use it to upgrade say to an AP

Agreed.

It is a COMP (complimentary) ticket, therefore it has no "selling price" so it would have zero dollars to add into an upgrade situation.

(No dollar value to "upgrade" from.)

Thanks for the info. Great that it is a hopper. The CM told he can get 3 people in with him on his day off. On the day that he is working he can sign us in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter