• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Employees get FREE Park Tickets?

steph in oh

Earning My Ears
A lot of Disney tickets are being sold on Ebay. I contact one of the sellers an he said he works for Disney and gets free tickets. He and all his family and friends no longer care to go since they have been there many times. Now he sell his on Ebay. Is this true, do they get free tickets that can be sold?

My brother is a current CM and we do get into the parks free but he must be there when we enter. The CM's are not suppose to sell them; if you end up purchasing the passes, you will have to meet the seller at the park entrance in order to get you in...as far as I know.

Yes, it's true.

WDW CMs get a main gate pass that lets them and friends/family in while they are present. However, many who work for the Disney company also receive passes they can give away to people, but they are not supposed to sell. They are usually distributed twice a year, I believe, and the number you get is based on the size of your family. They used to be hard plastic, although now I think they can actually be printed out -- so they might just be a sheet of paper. The employee does NOT have to be present when these are used.

Again, they are not supposed to be sold. But there is no way for a gate CM to know how you got it, nor will they ask.

A lot of Disney tickets are being sold on Ebay. I contact one of the sellers an he said he works for Disney and gets free tickets. He and all his family and friends no longer care to go since they have been there many times. Now he sell his on Ebay. Is this true, do they get free tickets that can be sold?

I'd have some worries about buying Disney tickets on Ebay. There are hundreds of scams regarding this.

In DLR my understanding is family or friends are put on a list for the day they want to go and signed in at the gates.

I'd have some worries about buying Disney tickets on Ebay. There are hundreds of scams regarding this.

In DLR my understanding is family or friends are put on a list for the day they want to go and signed in at the gates.

Tickets are clearly marked "Not for Resale", and anyone selling them is subject to immediate termination. Same goes for letting people in the parks that are not immediate family without accompanying them in the parks.

Big chance if you buy these. We saw a family of seven just in front of us that had done same thing back in Dec. at MK. Very sad faces when turned away from CM. They spent lots of time explaining how they acquired the tickets, how much they spent, etc. Bottom line, very risky.

We have purchased tickets through www.Mousesavers.com It is a free website and they will send you an email between regular emailings with a special code just for their subscribers to purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist, a company based in Orlando area. They offer ticket deals like buy 3 days, get 3 free and such like that. Very quick delivery also. We bought for my parents on Mon., tickets arrived in NC 2 days later!

If its too good to be true, it probably is. IMO, I would stay away from the Ebay deal.

Tickets are clearly marked "Not for Resale", and anyone selling them is subject to immediate termination.

This is true -- and the tickets (at least the ones I mentioned earlier) do have the CMs name on them so they can be traced back to that person.

Yes, it's true.

WDW CMs get a main gate pass that lets them and friends/family in while they are present. However, many who work for the Disney company also receive passes they can give away to people, but they are not supposed to sell. They are usually distributed twice a year, I believe, and the number you get is based on the size of your family. They used to be hard plastic, although now I think they can actually be printed out -- so they might just be a sheet of paper. The employee does NOT have to be present when these are used.

Again, they are not supposed to be sold. But there is no way for a gate CM to know how you got it, nor will they ask.

I'm only seasonal and I get 2 no blackout date tickets every 6 months and do not have to be present with my guests.

If they keep their mouths shut, there are low chances of the CM getting caught, but I would never risk it because I value them and am appreciative that we get them at all.

This is probably one reason CM complimentary tickets are e-tickets now. The auctions stand out more on Ebay.
CMs can, and have been, terminated for selling tickets.
The CM name is on the tickets also.

Another bad by-product or result from WDW not properly taking care of otherwise hard working CM's.

Another bad by-product or result from WDW not properly taking care of otherwise hard working CM's.

Wait what?! You're saying Disney having rules on selling tickets they give to cast members isn't taking care of the CMs? Why should you be able to make profit on something the company doesn't?:confused3

Sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly.

Wait what?! You're saying Disney having rules on selling tickets they give to cast members isn't taking care of the CMs? Why should you be able to make profit on something the company doesn't?:confused3

Sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly.

I took it to mean that if they paid their CMs better they wouldn't have to supplement their income by selling tickets. I could be wrong, but that's how I took it.

A lot of CMs do supplement their income by selling their tickets and discounted merchandise, all of which are things than can and will get you terminated if you're caught. Some people feel like they have to because Disney doesn't pay enough to live off of.

I took it to mean that if they paid their CMs better they wouldn't have to supplement their income by selling tickets. I could be wrong, but that's how I took it.

A lot of CMs do supplement their income by selling their tickets and discounted merchandise, all of which are things than can and will get you terminated if you're caught. Some people feel like they have to because Disney doesn't pay enough to live off of.

This is what I meant.

If they need to make more money, how do they afford/justify spending money to re-sell to make a small profit? That is if they don't get caught or to whom they are selling to are honest also.

IMHO - money hungry with no morals

I couldn't do it, I wouldn't do it and I feel privilrged that I get tickets every six months.

They used to mail the comp tickets, and they looked like actual passes, although at WDW you had to exchange them for one day hoppers. NOW they have the CMs print them. Someone could print 10 of them instead of one. ONLY the first person that uses them will get in...... Now the CM who sells them (against company policy) would likely NOT do this, because his/her name is on it.

BUT, someone else could buy these, and make 10 color copies himself, and resell those...... over and over.

They used to mail the comp tickets, and they looked like actual passes, although at WDW you had to exchange them for one day hoppers. NOW they have the CMs print them. Someone could print 10 of them instead of one. ONLY the first person that uses them will get in...... Now the CM who sells them (against company policy) would likely NOT do this, because his/her name is on it.

BUT, someone else could buy these, and make 10 color copies himself, and resell those...... over and over.

In its final years, those plastic comp tickets they used to mail could be used right at the gate. But prior to that, you did have to exchange them for hoppers.

Yea, we still have our Maingates which allow us to get x-number of guests in so many times per year. Personally since it's just me and my wife I am granted three people plus myself upto 16 times annually into the parks. Obviously I can come whenever I want using my ID.

In addition, we are given 2 Comp Tickets (E-tickets) which we can print and give to whomever we want whether in person, by mail, etc. If we are ever caught taking money for either of the above we can be INSTANTLY terminated.

With that said, there is a scam in which the seller provides the guest with an E-ticket with incorrect credentials. The cast members information is false and the barcode is not tied to any actual ticket. Additionally, we are capable of printing up our previously used E-tickets, so there is no way to confirm whether or not the one you purchase has been used or not.

Honestly, I know our ticket prices are high, but for the level of service you get at our parks it's always best to get the tickets from Disney or an approved retailer instead of risking it to save some money. Money is money, but the risk of being burned is EXTREMELY high.

but I buy unused passes from the past that are still good today like stockholder tickets and complimentary tickets that were given to sponsors. I have gotten these off ebay and used them for admission or a discount on annual passes. Considering the cost of a one day pass paying $40 for an admission ticket on ebay gets you double your value.

but I buy unused passes from the past that are still good today like stockholder tickets and complimentary tickets that were given to sponsors. I have gotten these off ebay and used them for admission or a discount on annual passes. Considering the cost of a one day pass paying $40 for an admission ticket on ebay gets you double your value.

Just saying, when I work turnstiles which is relatively rare, I glance at every ticket and if in information doesnt work then I take the tickets to Guest Relations myself. Now, if it's an E-ticket there is no way for us to know whether they gifted it to you or sold it. Either way, when buying tickets off E-Bay your taking a HUGE risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter