Encanto Presence in DW?

MommyMouse143

Mouseketeer
Good morning,

We are headed to DW Feb 21-26. I know I am not the only one with littles currently obsessed with Encanto! I saw DL recently had Maribel doing a character meet! Does anyone know if she is coming to DW? Or if so, where to find her?

Thanks!

Good morning,

We are headed to DW Feb 21-26. I know I am not the only one with littles currently obsessed with Encanto! I saw DL recently had Maribel doing a character meet! Does anyone know if she is coming to DW? Or if so, where to find her?

Thanks!

I don't think there is much at WDW unfortunately. DL sometimes gets those special, limited meet and greets. You will likely find some merch, but that's about it I'm afraid.

The only thing I've seen so far is an Encanto themed mural at Animal Kingdom. There's also a fun kids activity to learn about the animals and wildlife in Colombia, where the movie takes place.

I don't believe there are characters in the park.

I could have sworn I saw a photo of an Encanto themed kiosk for food/beverage in EP. Maybe I dreamed that though? But, I have not seen evidence of any Encanto character sightings.
Maybe that was the new Luca murals you thought of–that is what popped into my head first!

There's a Mirabel meet and greet at Disney's California Adventure, or at least there was in November:

Maybe at some point they'll do the same at WDW, I guess it depends on demand.

Epcot between Morocco & France is an Encanto inspired festival booth for festival of the arts however it will be over by original posters trip….on 1/9 we noticed a stage with an Encanto backdrop in the discovery island area of DAK that was barricaded by foliage much like some of the character sighting areas for the princesses in Epcot which was making us wonder

on 1/9 we noticed a stage with an Encanto backdrop in the discovery island area of DAK that was barricaded by foliage much like some of the character sighting areas for the princesses in Epcot which was making us wonder
That was taken down by 1/16, as Viva Gaia returned to that stage and all Encanto decorations were removed. :(

My daughter did get a lovely Mirabel dress at World of Disney, but otherwise it was pretty slim pickins.

Everything falling apart because the powers-that-be only see guests as "gift$" to be milked for profit?
I was thinking more like "loyal fans" destroying the magic by expecting the parks to forever remain this one ideal that may have only truly existed in their nostalgia-addled minds.

I think that both of these things can be at least partially true.

I was thinking more like "loyal fans" destroying the magic by expecting the parks to forever remain this one ideal that may have only truly existed in their nostalgia-addled minds.
That's definitely a real thing, but it's also a bit hard to swallow in these days of "better for our waistline" cost-cutting/price increases.

Die-hard fans are too reflexively hostile to change AND Disney is milking guests for all they are worth while offering a worse/cheaper guest experience.

Encanto rules, though!

Epcot between Morocco & France is an Encanto inspired festival booth for festival of the arts however it will be over by original posters trip….on 1/9 we noticed a stage with an Encanto backdrop in the discovery island area of DAK that was barricaded by foliage much like some of the character sighting areas for the princesses in Epcot which was making us wonder
Ahh! That would be awesome! My 4 yo DS keeps saying he wants to see her when we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter