Enchanté on the Wish looks like an amalgamation for everything wrong with Disney right now to me

I didn’t realize squab was such a controversial dish. I like squab and it’s presence on a French menu would not be notable.

Last edited:
Under cooked chicken happens as with fish. ALL restaurants have had this ( chefs in the family) As in like all forms of business things go wrong that shouldn’t, but do. Staying in a five-star hotel doesn’t guarantee that you’re not gonna find a hair in the sink from the previous occupants.

What was wrong in this video is supposedly how the servers responded to the situation. I wouldn’t decide if I eat at a place is somebody, most likely a one off, was served undercooked chicken.

Me personally we never do dining on cruises where we have to pay extra. Just a philosophy we have as a family. The sailing is expensive enough, there is good food available elsewhere thats included. So we save “fine dining” for on land.
Seen the same types of complaints for dinner. Worse because of price.

Chicken is really just tip of the iceberg for these things. Upcharging premium prices for unfinished/unready/underwhelming experiences. I know that the Wish needed more time to work out kinks overall but if I had gone in blind, I would have laughed and excused myself to what I saw people getting for both brunch and dinner for the price.

Honestly it made me all the more glad we booked a Christmas time Fantasy cruise instead of doing the maiden Wish voyages.

Last edited:
Reading the review of the reopening of Victoria and Albert in another thread has me really thinking that Enchante does not sound like the premium experience I expected it to be, given the hype. The reviewer wrote about how mindfully V&A was approaching the reopening, wanting to slowly scale up so that quality didn't suffer, and I can't help but think a similar approach might have helped here. It's hard to believe they didn't test this menu out on some kind of general audience before opening to the public... that seems like basic restaurant best practices 101?

Reading the review of the reopening of Victoria and Albert in another thread has me really thinking that Enchante does not sound like the premium experience I expected it to be, given the hype. The reviewer wrote about how mindfully V&A was approaching the reopening, wanting to slowly scale up so that quality didn't suffer, and I can't help but think a similar approach might have helped here. It's hard to believe they didn't test this menu out on some kind of general audience before opening to the public... that seems like basic restaurant best practices 101?

I agree and bingo.

In the linked above video (thanks for posting that) the cast member even says something along the lines of they weren’t expecting so many people. Whether that means they expected more people to be put off by the price point, or that a customer “cap” was surpassed, or anything else I have no idea.

I agree and bingo.

In the linked above video (thanks for posting that) the cast member even says something along the lines of they weren’t expecting so many people. Whether that means they expected more people to be put off by the price point, or that a customer “cap” was surpassed, or anything else I have no idea.

That seemed like a really feeble excuse. 'We weren't expecting so many people' sounds more like 'we planned poorly'. Given the Dis team's review, it seems like a lot of the irritation boils down to lack of accountability by the Enchante team.

- 'This bloody mary is bad' - 'It's because *I* didn't make it'
- 'This brunch was bad' - 'We weren't expecting so many people' (ie out of our control)
- 'This chicken is raw' - *Server simply walks off and doesn't even answer the critique*

I mean, jeez, if you pointed out being served raw meat at even an Applebee's the manager would probably have apologized and at least comped you a dessert.

That seemed like a really feeble excuse. 'We weren't expecting so many people' sounds more like 'we planned poorly'. Given the Dis team's review, it seems like a lot of the irritation boils down to lack of accountability by the Enchante team.

- 'This bloody mary is bad' - 'It's because *I* didn't make it'
- 'This brunch was bad' - 'We weren't expecting so many people' (ie out of our control)
- 'This chicken is raw' - *Server simply walks off and doesn't even answer the critique*

I mean, jeez, if you pointed out being served raw meat at even an Applebee's the manager would probably have apologized and at least comped you a dessert.
Yes!🤌👏
I’m usually one to just experience stuff for myself before making judgment but it is completely obvious this isn’t ready or worth it. I get people wanting to go on the ship for various reasons right now even if it doesn’t seem complete, but this restaurant definitely screams Wall Street influence in all the wrong ways. Put it back in the oven.

Enchante also has a slow approach. We were told just last week by the maitre'd that they are limiting seating to 40 for each meal because the chef wants to get everything just right. There were many open tables. He also said that they are being pushed to 50 but are being resistant. Again, it was an exceptional experience and the view at brunch was incredible. Set us up perfectly for the champagne tasting.

Enchante also has a slow approach. We were told just last week by the maitre'd that they are limiting seating to 40 for each meal because the chef wants to get everything just right. There were many open tables. He also said that they are being pushed to 50 but are being resistant. Again, it was an exceptional experience and the view at brunch was incredible. Set us up perfectly for the champagne tasting.
Then I wonder how the server's response to Pete that there were 'many more people than they were expecting' makes sense?

Then I wonder how the server's response to Pete that there were 'many more people than they were expecting' makes sense?
Well, if they planned for 40, but they ended up with 50, then that's a 25% increase over expected.

Pete also mentioned they got a last minute reservation. Perhaps they literally thought they had X number of people coming that day, then woke up to more showing up?

Having actually eaten in both Remy and Enchante, I'll give you my 2 cents. The cost for both is the same ($125 pp). The level of service is the same (superior). There is one menu in Enchante & 2 to choose from in Remy. The décor is different, but both are upscale French. The food is exceptional. DW and I enjoyed our dinner there last weekend.

To be perfectly honest, I'm BAFFLED by the Wish-hating that's going on. Different isn't necessarily bad. Granted, there were some things on Wish that made DW & I wonder what was going through the designers' collective minds during ship design (stateroom cooler, no drawers jump to mind), but on the whole, we're more than happy to go back. I'm in the minority on the boards here, but having spent time in the adult area on the Wish, we enjoyed it quite a bit.

I get it; everyone has preferences, which is why menus are printed. Some like Vanilla, some like chocolate and some like both. That's completely fine. You do you. However, just because I don't like chocolate doesn't make it bad or 'wrong'. This thread was started based on a video and not in person experience? :oops: I'm not understanding all the Hate (yes, I capitalized it on purpose).

I fully expected to be excoriated for expressing my opinion, which I find depressingly amusing given that others who are expressing opinions expect to be supported. Having actually been on the ship, I find it quite nice. It's very different than the Fab Four - love the nickname - but it's nice in it's own right.

Having actually eaten in both Remy and Enchante, I'll give you my 2 cents. The cost for both is the same ($125 pp). The level of service is the same (superior). There is one menu in Enchante & 2 to choose from in Remy. The décor is different, but both are upscale French. The food is exceptional. DW and I enjoyed our dinner there last weekend.

To be perfectly honest, I'm BAFFLED by the Wish-hating that's going on. Different isn't necessarily bad. Granted, there were some things on Wish that made DW & I wonder what was going through the designers' collective minds during ship design (stateroom cooler, no drawers jump to mind), but on the whole, we're more than happy to go back. I'm in the minority on the boards here, but having spent time in the adult area on the Wish, we enjoyed it quite a bit.

I get it; everyone has preferences, which is why menus are printed. Some like Vanilla, some like chocolate and some like both. That's completely fine. You do you. However, just because I don't like chocolate doesn't make it bad or 'wrong'. This thread was started based on a video and not in person experience? :oops: I'm not understanding all the Hate (yes, I capitalized it on purpose).

I fully expected to be excoriated for expressing my opinion, which I find depressingly amusing given that others who are expressing opinions expect to be supported. Having actually been on the ship, I find it quite nice. It's very different than the Fab Four - love the nickname - but it's nice in it's own right.
Hate is the wrong word. Glad you enjoyed!

Benoit, the CM in the video, is the Enchante manager. He’s filled the same role at Remy on the Dream/Fantasy for quite some time. He is a lovely person, and has gone above and beyond for us on several occasions. I agree that his response was not good, but even with a mask on, I can tell how painful the situation is for him. It seems clear that the Wish was not ready to sail for a number of reasons, and this is one of the results. Whether it’s staffing issues in the kitchen and/or something else, I’m not sure, but am optimistic that they will work hard to reach (and exceed) the standard expected.

I had enchanted dinner and brunch on the mv. My family chose the collection menu and it was amazing. If I had to do it all over dinner was better than brunch. I would probably do palo brunch since it's more cost effective with since you can still order as much as you want off the brunch menu. For some saying $200 dollars is a lot but in Chicago a Michelin star restaurant is more than that when they add the service fees for booking a reservation. In addition, even though Victoria and Alberts is reopening they also increased the price so it's similar like that too.

I will say on the enchanted brunch they did rip us off on the fish selection. I think it was supposed to be halibut but they served salmon. So that was the only thing I would mention as a bad review on their part. Why would you have it listed on the menu but not inform guests of the change.

For some saying $200 dollars is a lot but in Chicago a Michelin star restaurant is more than that when they add the service fees for booking a reservation.
Yeah, but this restaurant isn't Michelin starred. Sure, the chef that designed the menu has two stars, but he isn't there cooking and the restaurant itself hasn't earned any stars. The $125 price seems OK for a high-end cruise restaurant and Remy charges the same price. But, $195 seems a bit much.

Still, if you thought it was worth the money, then maybe I'm wrong and Disney got it right!

Undercooked chicken is a great metaphor for the whole experience that I’ve read about and seen. The whole food/service side of the experience needs more time to cook.
I would only comment that in some parts of the world, including some EU nations, it is the norm to serve chicken that is still pink. My son was horrified to discover this, and even more horrified in Spain when he ordered chicken "well done" and the waiter came back and said the Chef refused to "ruin" the chicken.

Yeah, but this restaurant isn't Michelin starred. Sure, the chef that designed the menu has two stars, but he isn't there cooking and the restaurant itself hasn't earned any stars. The $125 price seems OK for a high-end cruise restaurant and Remy charges the same price. But, $195 seems a bit much.

Still, if you thought it was worth the money, then maybe I'm wrong and Disney got it right!

Its probably subjective on experience. Ive never been on fantasy or dream so I haven't tried Remy. I thought for the price, collection was supposed to only be 8 items so and we got more than that. So to me that was worth it. We don't usually add the wine package to pair it since my parents don't drink. People were posting online that the collection menu was the way to go, granted it was like 3 to 4 hours long. I still had plenty of time to get to the deck to watch pirate parly as well.

I will say our server told us how certain meats were going to be prepared and the chef recommends this temp. If we did not want that they would accommodate whatever temp we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter