• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Enchanted Garden Teacup Tables are gone :(

Weird I will have to maybe give them a call because they didn't say anything as of Sunday when they confirmed my latest requests.

I requested one also for a future cruise. We were lucky enough to get one on the Dream a few years back.

Like most things with DCL though, I would expect that the people on the phone can request them as much as they want, but they may not know if the tables are actually there. That's probably something you'd have to wait to find out on board (Similar to finding out if you actually got one LOL)

I requested one also for a future cruise. We were lucky enough to get one on the Dream a few years back.

Like most things with DCL though, I would expect that the people on the phone can request them as much as they want, but they may not know if the tables are actually there. That's probably something you'd have to wait to find out on board (Similar to finding out if you actually got one LOL)
There is a new thread today regarding the teacup tables:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fantasy-info-possibly-dream-about-main-dining.3848106/

Thank you! Good to know. I think having the characters in the dining rooms is a great idea. Curious to see if they put the tables back afterwards or if they get so used to the extra space that they make the move permanent.

Not sure how durable the tables are, but I think it would be really fun if they repurposed them to deck 11 and faced them out towards the ocean or something.

I am on the Fantasy on the 18th and specifically requested a Teacup table and they noted my request. Probably give them a call on Friday if I don't hear anything sooner.

We were assigned that table on the Fantasy 4 times. I didn't know we could request those.

I loved them...but definitely agree that it could be a pain for some. As a family of 3, they worked great...but I think 4 would be uncomfortable!

We are a family of 4 and, for us, we were comfortable. From our perspective, it seemed too big for just the 4 of us. The first 2 times, we put our kids in the middle, but the last 2 times, my husband and I sat in the middle and I actually preferred it. We loved it because there was so much room.

It looks like some people don't like it. Perhaps we were assigned it because they know we liked it.:D

We'll definitely miss it.

We were assigned that table on the Fantasy 4 times. I didn't know we could request those.

Concerige so they can note certain requests for dinner but doesn't mean you get it.

I upgraded because it was a ton more and came with what I consider restriction perks like priority boarding, being on 12th floor to catch an elevator easier, private sundeck, ect.

Ah the teacups! We are a family of five...didn't manage to get main dining on our last Fantasy cruise, but waited in line once onboard to get switched. We were lucky, last ones to get switched, but the catch was they would squish us in tables meant for 4. And yup...of all the tables, we got the teacups!!! Kids loved it, but for 5 it was hilariously too small with those gigantic plates, lol. We made it work, but it was brutal!

but for 5 it was hilariously too small with those gigantic plates,
This was the table for 4 of us at desert time, too many glasses, plates, coffee cups, whatever. 595508

During the meal, with larger dinner plates, bread plates, assorted side plates, it just wasn't pretty. The servers were tilting some plates on the edges of others, makes it difficult to eat.

This was the table for 4 of us at desert time, too many glasses, plates, coffee cups, whatever. View attachment 595508

During the meal, with larger dinner plates, bread plates, assorted side plates, it just wasn't pretty. The servers were tilting some plates on the edges of others, makes it difficult to eat.
We decided to embrace it,and all of us ordered two desserts that day just to see what they would do. We had plates everywhere!!!

Not really a fan of the teacup tables. They were ok the first time but we quickly realized they were a pain for the people in the the middle of the booth to get out for what ever reason. Plus with the table being elevated I had seen more than once people that almost fell because they forgot they had to step down.
View attachment 594945

Picture borrowed from ocmomblog.com
That’s so true! With the step down it can be very dangerous. We were a group of four adults a few years back when we sat there and it was really tight seating. Still was fun to have the experience, however we had to keep reminding ourselves about the step. I’m wondering if Disney just finally decided it was too hazardous and while the ships were furloughed for a year just removed them. I’m sure some people have had some really bad falls from them and maybe they realized it just wasn’t a good idea anymore?? Just wondering. My brother took a tumble in Palo on the Dream because there is a step down as you enter the restaurant and he really hurt himself. He fell face forward and had to go back to his room and take aspirin and lay down from hitting his head. So those “steps” can be really hazardous if you don’t know they are there!

We requested one of the teacup tables for our honeymoon in 2013 and I was so thrilled we got it. It gave a special, private feeling to our dinners. But the next time we cruised I wasn't worried about it (no special occasion for that one).

Curious as this is an older thread, have the teacup tables returned yet?

Curious as this is an older thread, have the teacup tables returned yet?
I doubt they will ever come back. With so many people demanding their own table, DCL has to maximize space - and they can fit 2 4-tops in the space each one of those took up.

Our server told us they were the source of lots of angst among cruisers. Once people saw those tables, they demanded to sit there and couldn’t because they were already assigned. Said they led to lots of mad people. He was happy they were gone.

I am not sure what the “look” is now. I went for the first time in the fantasy and 2022. I found the tables to be all rectangle in my area. And since I could see the Buffet area in the background, it just looked like a fancy Buffet area where I would go for my $13.95 dinner but with table cloths. It’s just a bunch of vines on wallpaper and some vines hanging from the ceiling. I’m going on the Dream in a couple months maybe that will have something a little splashier

I am not sure what the “look” is now. I went for the first time in the fantasy and 2022. I found the tables to be all rectangle in my area. And since I could see the Buffet area in the background, it just looked like a fancy Buffet area where I would go for my $13.95 dinner but with table cloths. It’s just a bunch of vines on wallpaper and some vines hanging from the ceiling. I’m going on the Dream in a couple months maybe that will have something a little splashier
Nah, it'll be the same on the Dream. It's supposed to be a peaceful garden. But, the ceiling light show never works when I'm there and the new "show" where Disney characters come and dance around really ruins the "peaceful" idea. I wouldn't be sad to see Enchanted Garden get a retheme. At least, they could remove the buffet.

Nah, it'll be the same on the Dream. It's supposed to be a peaceful garden. But, the ceiling light show never works when I'm there and the new "show" where Disney characters come and dance around really ruins the "peaceful" idea. I wouldn't be sad to see Enchanted Garden get a retheme. At least, they could remove the buffet.
Oh there’s a show??? No didn’t see that either.
If I were to rank the MDR I’d rank buffet and Shawarma‘s over EG.

Oh there’s a show??? No didn’t see that either.
If I were to rank the MDR I’d rank buffet and Shawarma‘s over EG.
I don't know if they're still doing the show. They did it in February '22, but I haven't been back to Enchanted Garden since then. It's something that they started after the restart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter