Enchanted Garden teacup tables...like or dislike?

Dislike...we are a family of four, all at or over 6' tall. It was too crowded for our liking. I'm glad we got to sit there once, but it was only a 3 day cruise, so we've done it & can return to normal tables next time.

Loved! We thought it was cozy - our kids were 5 & 7 - we are all tall, but only my husband is a big dude

They were OK for lunch with just DH and I but the distance between seat and table is tight and not adjustable and we're average sized people.

The tables are heavy but they do move. I've scooted them out on more than one occasion.

For just the 2 of us they are great!! We request them every time. Plenty of room for two and the ultimate in privacy in a busy MDR!!!

Privacy and seclusion as everyone looks at you because they (think they) want to be sitting there? :)

We felt like we were in a fishbowl.

Had these tables all 5 cruises and never felt like anyone was staring at us--most times folks just walk right on by to their own tables.

Had these tables all 5 cruises and never felt like anyone was staring at us--most times folks just walk right on by to their own tables.

Perceptions can be different. Never felt like we were ogled. To the contrary, much of the dining room is hidden by the high chair backs. Lots of seating/dining options available to suit ones comfort level.

We like and dislike them. Mainly for the space issues. It's hard to fit all the plates, drinks, etc the more people you have at the table, which is what we dislike. But we do like them for just 1-3 people because they really are more secluded. We don't typically notice what other people are doing in the dining room anyway so the 'fish bowl' feeling is oblivious to us.

If I am not mistaken, the original concept with these teacup tables was to have them rotate during dinner. I guess that idea died in a hurry when safety issues immerged. It also might have been a problem for the servers, who are usually overworked enough, who had to try to service a table on the move. We (just 2) have never been in one. Might be interesting to try...once.

If I am not mistaken, the original concept with these teacup tables was to have them rotate during dinner. I guess that idea died in a hurry when safety issues immerged. It also might have been a problem for the servers, who are usually overworked enough, who had to try to service a table on the move. We (just 2) have never been in one. Might be interesting to try...once.
I don't know about the spinning during dinner thing. It would have made it really an issue for anyone trying to eat if there were motion going on (besides the ship's motion).

We loved them! But it was me, DH and our two boys, wouldn't want them with four adults.

We like them. We have a 17 year old, 8 year old and two adults. Never felt the table was too crowded with dishes and didn’t feel smooshed together.
We never request them, just seem to get them. After reading all the “dislikes” maybe that is why :)

I liked them. My husband didn't as he is a tall guy and had no place to put his legs. Funny, we were seated at these tables on 2 different cruises. The second time we were seated at them, I just laughed and shook my head.

Dislike - it would be like dining in a fishbowl with everyone staring at you. I was assigned to one of those tables one time and immediately walked back to the front of the MDR to request a change.

Privacy and seclusion as everyone looks at you because they (think they) want to be sitting there? :)

We felt like we were in a fishbowl.

Ironically, I like sitting there because I can watch the people coming and going.
We fit there fine as two average sized adults and two young teens. Not so sure we'd be comfortable now that the kids are bigger.

We sat at one once for embarkation lunch. Two adults and three small kids, it was way too small but we wanted to try it. Took a few cute pictures but wouldn't want to do it again.

We like for just 2 Poo sized adults, we need to tweak table location. I just requested it for my next cruise.

We loved them (3 adults). Normally we get a table at the back behind a serving station so was very surprised when we were allocated one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter