"ENCHANTED TALES with ROB" - A Birthday/Christmas DISer Celebration! **NEW TR LINK**

Hi Rob!

Just wanted to tell you I am glued (when possible) to your TR. You are hilarious!:rotfl:

My 13 year old son and I are complete Disney nuts as well.

Well I jumped ahead here just to let you know, you all are making me smile, it's nice to read about all the Disney magic.pixiedust:

Back to page 18!:disrocks:

Linda

Yay for birthday treats!!! I assume you're going to be sharing why it wasn't a good idea to save it? (Or maybe I missed where you already did that...)

Fact: Birthdays are good for your health. Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer.

My favorite ridiculous quote :goodvibes

Following along on your fun, highly entertaining TR! I've never read a Christmas one before, and since we just changed our dates to November I'm really enjoying all the pictures of the Christmasy stuff that we'll get to see!

Also really enjoyed the Sea World part--despite going when I was younger I don't know much about that park. But it is definitely on my list of must-dos for our next trip now! :)

I'm officially caught up again Rob. So it must be time for you to get writing again?

I approve the "Biblical proportions" joke. :thumbsup2

Great to see that you caught up with DISers again at the World Showcase. Looked like a great time. :)

Just thought I would pop in to say I have been following your TR. Can't wait for the next installment!

Hi Rob!

Just wanted to tell you I am glued (when possible) to your TR. You are hilarious!:rotfl:

My 13 year old son and I are complete Disney nuts as well.

Well I jumped ahead here just to let you know, you all are making me smile, it's nice to read about all the Disney magic.pixiedust:

Back to page 18!:disrocks:

Linda

Hi Linda!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I am absolutely delighted to hear that.

I figure if you're going to be nuts, you may as well be Disney nuts!

Thanks again!! I'm so happy to WELCOME you on board.

A question the movie One Mans Dream, is that the same movie as they have in Disneyland, it stars Steve Martin? :confused3

Actually, no , this movie was made specifically for this attraction and is basically the story of Walt. It's narrated by Julie Andrews but also includes some "narration' by Walt himself. It is a do not miss in my opinion.

Yay for birthday treats!!! I assume you're going to be sharing why it wasn't a good idea to save it? (Or maybe I missed where you already did that...)

Fact: Birthdays are good for your health. Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer.

My favorite ridiculous quote :goodvibes

Oh my goodness Sue, it was so incredibly sweet of those CM's. Disney at its finest. And oh yes, I will indeed share that information in the next update.

Well, it's hard to argue with that.

Following along on your fun, highly entertaining TR! I've never read a Christmas one before, and since we just changed our dates to November I'm really enjoying all the pictures of the Christmasy stuff that we'll get to see!

Also really enjoyed the Sea World part--despite going when I was younger I don't know much about that park. But it is definitely on my list of must-dos for our next trip now! :)

Ahh I am so glad to have you along and WELCOME you!!! You are going to truly love all the Christmas decorations. There's really nothing quite like Disney at Christmas.

Thank you!! I enjoy SeaWorld especially since it has two of my favourite things... Dolphins and MANTA!! I definitely recommend a trip over especially if they are doing their Christmas celebrations.

I'm officially caught up again Rob. So it must be time for you to get writing again?

I approve the "Biblical proportions" joke. :thumbsup2

Great to see that you caught up with DISers again at the World Showcase. Looked like a great time. :)

Glad you're all caught up Glenn. Haha, it does seem as though as soon as you catch up, I post a new update. So I guess it's good in a way that you get behind. Otherwise I'd be posting constantly. Thanks for giving me a break. :thumbsup2

THANK YOU. It was necessary I think.

OMG it was so wonderful. You know first hand the joy of meeting fellow DISers.

Just thought I would pop in to say I have been following your TR. Can't wait for the next installment!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm so glad you "popped in" so I can WELCOME you properly!!

“JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT SEE IT, DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT”
Day 7 – December 9, 2013 Part 3

Having left the Dining group for now to go and, well, dine, I was on a hunt myself for some food, but wasn’t quite sure what I wanted.

And then I got completely distracted by Aurora who was out meeting in France looking all beautiful and stuff.
I really do love the new dress, and seriously can’t believe how truly awful (i.e. hideous) the old one was by comparison.
Once Maleficent hits, I expect this meet and greet may become much more popular.

56.jpg

57.jpg

I honestly can’t remember our conversation, but I do believe I mentioned that Mulan may want to have a chat. #OnceUponATime.

58.jpg

Whatever it was I’m sure I was completely charming, and all’s well that ends well.

59.jpg

After a wonderful meet with a lovely Princess,
I was crossing the bridge into England, when I spotted someone that looked really familiar on the path to the International Gateway.

It seems a certain little fairy had gotten out of her nook over at Magic Kingdom and flown over to the World Showcase.

60.jpg

Take THAT 45 minute+ Magic Kingdom line!!!!

It was also here that my still uneaten Italian truffle met its tragic end.

As I jumped into the very short line for Tink, my attempts to organize were just not good,
And the container holding my truffle took the worst of it as it crashed to the ground with a splat.

Darn my lack of a third arm… C’mon Evolution, you really missed the ball on that one!!

Also, I had stupidly miscalculated the effect the heat would have on said dessert.
Needless to say, it met a very quick, decisive, and messy end.
However, it was still edible inside the container (which it did not breach), if a little worse for wear, and it was indeed delicious.

It was also in that line that I overheard this idiotic conversation between two ladies passing by.

Woman 1 “Who is that?”
Woman 2 “It’s Tinkerbelle”
Woman 1 “Oh I just HAVE to get a picture with Tinkerbelle!!!!!!”

The last statement was said in such a way that the world would come to a quick and decisive end if this photograph was not immediately procured.

OK… Let’s analyze.

You don’t know who she is… BUT you MUST get a picture with her or the world will end?

Seems reasonable.

Moving on…

I found a nearby trashcan to discard my now empty container.
Somehow I struck up a conversation with a cleaning CM (yeah I know, shocking), and the topic of whether Tinkerbelle was here for “training”.
A guest sitting on a bench nearby confirmed my theory, so I continued the conversation with her.

Through our conversation I found out that she was a former Disney CM, and her previous role was as a performer in the Festival of the Lion King.
THAT is pretty cool.

I chatted with her for quite a while until her family arrived and then I carried on in my almost forgotten quest for food.

I didn’t end up going too far as it turned out, because this place was right there waiting... Beckoning even.

61.jpg

So yeah, ultimately, a very easy decision.

62.jpg

After my delightfully awesome Fish and Chips dinner, I caught a bit of the storyteller in England,

63.jpg

Made note of the countdown as it stood on that day,

64.jpg

And then arrived in Canada, where I watched a little of the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.

65.jpg

Clearly there was something going on at the events center,
As a massive line had formed and stretched all the way through and past the Canadian pavilion.

66.jpg

Yeah, that’s all line.

This sign filled in the blanks for me.

67.jpg

One thing that always fascinates and amuses me in Disney is what I call the “Sheep Phenomenon”.
This is where a “seemingly intelligent” human turns into a sheep and joins the end of a line without any knowledge of where the line goes.

Long line at Disney automatically must mean it’s something good, right?

Much to my delight, I witnessed this phenomenon first hand here, as I watched a man get into the long line.
A CM came along shortly and announced to those in the line that this line is for a DVC event.
I then watched this man casually exit the line and continue on with his day, no doubt thinking, “Gee, I hope nobody saw how stupid I am!”

Well, actually that was translated into English, as what he really said was “BAAAAAAAAAA”.

When they opened the gate, I was able to get a little peak inside, complete with falling snow.

68.jpg

69.jpg

I decided to do one more loop of the Showcase before heading over to DHS.
I actually ran into Brenda who was on her way back to the Boardwalk for a quick break and to touch base with Em before they headed to the Studios.

I made sure to stop in Germany to see the Pickle Tree even though it’s there year round.
It’s just more important when it actually IS Christmas time.

74.jpg

75.jpg

The German Storyteller was out,

76.jpg

As was China,

77.jpg

Norway,

78.jpg

And Mexico.

79.jpg

My plan was to either boat or walk over to DHS via the International Gateway, so I continued my loop when I came across Duffy.
But not just any Duffy… SANTA DUFFY… so of course I jumped in line.

I’ve always been a big Duffy supporter, but during this trip he became extremely special to me, and you will see why later.

83.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

Absolutely adorable… And Duffy looked cute too.

I quickly realized that I was running a bit late, as I’d actually intended to be at DHS by now, so I turned on the jets.

But just as I passed the main entranceway of the World Showcase, I literally almost ran into someone I thought I recognized.
I turned and called out, and I did indeed recognize yet another DISer, Jess (JessM), who was in the World vacationing with her folks.
DISmeet-a-Mania continues.

While I was aware she and her parents were in Disney at this time,
This would officially make her the first DISer I “knew” and ran into that was unscheduled and completely random,
Which considering the size of Walt Disney World is unbelievably cool.

87.jpg

Oops, eyes close, lets try that again…

87a.jpg

(photo courtesy of Jess)

It was such a pleasure to meet her and her ‘rents who are all incredibly nice, and I was so happy to have had this chance encounter.

Then it was back on the journey to the Gateway and ultimately, MGM.

TO BE CONTINUED…

That Aurora was actually very pretty and so was the dress. (My 10 year old would love a dress like that one.) The ones we've met recently have all looked a little like drag queens!

I think the new princess dresses are a bit hit-or-miss (and the cynical side of me feels they came out with them just to have new ones to sell to little girls - or their parents to be more precise) but the new Aurora one is a huge improvement

Ah the sheep mentality - reminds me of the Simpsons' episode where they are at Duff Gardens (or possible Itchy and Scratchy Land) and get on the end of the longest line they can find figuring it must be the best attraction ... only to find out it was the line to file a complaint

Sorry to hear of the untimely fall of your dessert, but glad you at least got to try it and it wasn't a complete loss

Love that the Norway storyteller is basically Santa Claus in a holiday sweater :rotfl:

Very cool that you saw Jess and good job to call out to her and ensure a DISmeet took place! Would be funny to go back in time and tell yourself of a few years ago that not only would you still be going to Disney World a lot but you would be have a bunch of meet ups with people you met on the internet!

I think you may have just helped me decide on lunch for my Epcot day in June. It's been awhile since I've had a good fish and chips basket!

Lovely Epcot holiday visit!

Yay!!! A chance encounter with a Dis pal... how fab! :thumbsup2 Planned meets are awesome but the unplanned ones are such a great surprise, I'm sure :goodvibes On my first solo trip in 2006, I walked past Jennifer and Dave Marx of Passporter fame but for whatever unknown/crazy/bizarre reason I didn't approach them. The Tracy of today would NEVER let such an encounter get passed over!

I've run into two people from the Dis on our last two trips and it is always very awkward to make the initial approach. I feel stupid introducing myself by my username. :upsidedow But once all that is out of the way, the impromptu Dis meets are fun. :)

I had wanted to see more storytellers, but it was crowded and we were tired. They were a lot more entertaining than I thought they would be, almost like a little skit rather than a lecture.

I love all of the impromptu meets you had in this update- Aurora, Tinkerbelle out of her element, Santa Duffy (how cool!), JessM and even Brenda.

I agree, I like Aurora's new dress much better.

And now, a moment of silence for your dropped truffle.

At least you were able to salvage a little bit.

I love the sheep phenomenon- we are always pointing out this behavior when we are on vacation.

Yum, your Fish-n-Chips looks really good!

:goodvibes

Okay, I'm all caught up! Teach me to go away to Disney for 5 days. I missed 3 updates! :rolleyes2:rotfl2:

I never saw the little Yeti hiding in the Gingerbread display in Epcot. That was pretty cool. It's still hard to believe legacy FPs are gone. It's almost depressing walking past all the covered machines now.

Wow, look at you, DISmeeting up and down! Seemed like all of WS was a familiar face to you that day. :rotfl: Seriously though, DISmeets are some of the funnest things; it's awesome that you were able to have so many and meet friends in person. Pretty cool to put an actual face to a username.

Talking to someone who used to work at Festival of the Lion King....!!! I probably would have started bombarding her with questions. :rotfl2:

You can't go wrong with a slush from France. And while I've not had a lot of other alcoholic drinks in WS, I can say that with that one, at least you feel as if you're getting your money's worth.

Hope you made it to DHS in time for all your FPs!

Oh I really like Sleeping Beauty's new dress! And how neat that you saw Tinkerbell just standing around... I love when that happens! Are they going to have her in the World Showcase permanently eventually or no?

LOL, that's too funny about the man who went and stood in the line. You're so right though. People will just do something because of a long line even though they have NO idea what's going on. Shoot, long lines make me NOT want to do something!

How awesome you were able to have an impromptu Dis meet! :thumbsup2

Great pics with Aurora!

Ah how lucky to meet Tink without a line. Sorry to hear about the tragic demise of your dessert :(

What a strange conversation you overheard lol It's like when they say if people see a line they will stand in it, even if they don't know what they are waiting for! (And WOW I typed this before continiung reading your entry, had NO idea you brought up the same thing! Disney minds think alike :goodvibes)

Santa Duffy!!! :lovestruc He looks so adorable, great pics!

Awesome that you got to meet Jess!

The Yorkshire Co Fish Shop is always a good choice!

If you keep your ears open at Disney, you can always overhear some odd and interesting conversations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter