Enchanted Tiki Room to be "reminiscent of the original show"

You're leaving out the Finding Nemo Clamshells at the Seas.

However, of the three you did mention, one of them (TSM) is, by far, the most sought-after new attraction at WDW,
and another (Turtle Talk) is one of the most well-executed and entertaining attractions,
and Laugh Floor is just a solid work-horse attraction.

I'd say that's a pretty effective use of "characters on screens" technology.
I wonder if fans complained about "omni-movers in everything" back in the day ...

Scott

However, of the three you did mention, one of them (TSM) is, by far, the most sought-after new attraction at WDW,
and another (Turtle Talk) is one of the most well-executed and entertaining attractions,

You're still missing at least one.

Crush is the best of the bunch. Nemo isn't good. 3 Caballeros (or whatever El Rio del Tiempo is now) is just sad. Since I'm doing Epcot, I will give them that they did not put characters on screens into SE. Yet. Thank God.

Maybe you like characters on screens. Maybe everyone does. Maybe that is why almost all updates and new attractions must include characters on screens.

Maybe we'll get more of it and everyone except me will be thrilled.

But considering Disney's recent record when it comes to new stuff and re-done stuff, "Characters on screens" wouldn't be the worst bet ever. It seems to be the thing for Imagineers to "wow" us with. Ooh. Aah. Characters on screens. popcorn::

Crush is the best of the bunch. Nemo isn't good. 3 Caballeros (or whatever El Rio del Tiempo is now) is just sad. Since I'm doing Epcot, I will give them that they did not put characters on screens into SE. Yet. Thank God.

Maybe you like characters on screens. Maybe everyone does. Maybe that is why almost all updates and new attractions must include characters on screens.

But considering Disney's recent record when it comes to new stuff and re-done stuff, "Characters on screens" wouldn't be the worst bet ever. It seems to be the thing for Imagineers to "wow" us with. Ooh. Aah. Characters on screens. popcorn::
I think a lot of it may be that "characters on screens" offers a LOT of possibilities. It is a LOT harder to change up an AA than it is to change a video. And with digital video, it is a LOT easier to make an experience variable. Like with Star Tours.

However, it is not their only option, and there is absolutely no reason to suspect it is happening in the Tiki Room.

3 Caballeros (or whatever El Rio del Tiempo is now) is just sad.

That attraction's screens were always there... since 1982.

Now we see Donald, et al, where before it was (mostly) "travelogue-type" footage or a few unnamed character actors.

To denigrate attractions specifically and primarily because they feature "screens" is just... strange.
If you prefer animatronics wiggling to a sound track, so be it.

Regardless of the components used, its the execution of the story-telling (and "feel" of the environment) that matters in the overall "success" of an attraction.

And, I'm well aware of the influx of "screens."
We've not mentioned that some of the best new effects in Haunted Mansion are the attic scenes of the
unhinged murderous bride (all on screens) and the newest Hitchhiking Ghosts as they interact
with guests in their Doombuggies... while projected on "screens."
Again, it's all in the realization of the effects... not solely based on their particular technology.

I'm so happy to hear this! If they can approximate what is at DL now, I will be thrilled. The Under New Management period can be relegated to the ignoble status of a bad memory that we can all put behind us. :banana:

I assume (hope?!) this means they're doing away with the disaster that is Iago. I heard a rumor that the animatronic Iago birds were fried during the fire and I was unreasonably pleased.

:lmao:You made me laugh. :)

I have only seen the Under New Management Show and quite enjoyed it. Once per trip is enough but I didn't mind, perhaps having no comparison in my mind. i am looking forward to seeing the show that replaces the one they had until the fire. :yay:

I think you just like to say "characters on screens."

Scott

I went to see the Tiki Room a few years ago, after not seeing the show since I was a lot younger. I was very disappointed... my biggest memory of the Tiki Room was...

:rolleyes1 In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room all the birds do sing and the flowers bloom in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room...

The song was different in the new version and I didn't find anything fun about the show. That and I got a stiff neck from having to look up the whole time. I haven't been back on since then. I might have to check it out when it goes back to the "old" version to see if it's the version I remember from my youth!

I, for one, don't care too much if they employ more screens or not. I just want the attraction to be better. Obvously, "characters of screens" is the new wave, as I am sure it is cheaper than AA. If they just improve the attraction, use some of the old songs, add a few new jokes, make it a bit heartfelt and snuggly, I will be happy! :thumbsup2

In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room all the birds do sing and the flowers bloom in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room...
Not to be pedantic, but the lyric is "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room all the birds sing words and the flowers croon ..."

Just sayin' ... ;)

Scott

That was part of my point. The original poster seemed to be complaining a great deal about... three very well-liked attractions that just happened to use the same tech. Didn't expect this thread to go in that direction. (I do agree that I'd rather see real fish in the real giant tanks than Characters On Screens in the Seas though.)

OK... so you've a lot of vitriol for five attractions that happen to use the same technology. And which are, generally speaking, well liked (including one that, as others have mentioned, has always had Characters On Screens). It's a very strange point of contention to have, IMO, but fine. Different strokes and all. :3dglasses

I honestly don't care what technology Disney uses in it's new rides and shows as long as said rides and shows are good. Frankly, I'd like it if there were more rides with Real Living Animals in Fields/Water but I doubt I'll get my wish anytime soon. :laughing:

From where I'm standing, I can't even see how the dreaded Characters On Screens tech could be used in Tiki Room. If they use any recent tech at all, I'm hoping for the Living Character Dharma Initiative. Imagine the birds chatting with each-other and the audience as they file in.

I wonder if fans complained about "omni-movers in everything" back in the day ...

Scott

I love you. :laughing:

----

Characters On Screens. (Take a shot. :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter