Enchantment - Never seen MK fireworks before!

james_folds_five

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We're taking my family to WDW in September and the vast majority of them have never seen MK fireworks before. We were huge fans of HEA and understand the Enchantment is disappointing for most people. My question is, for those in my party who have never seen a fireworks show at MK before, will they still be impressed?

Everyone is really excited for the 'magical' fireworks show they've all hears about and I just want to know if I should start setting expectations, or just leave it be :)

Thank you!

If they have not seen MK fireworks before yes absolutely it is impressive!

Personally I feel like while enchantment doesn't have the emotional pull of HEA, in terms of appreciating fireworks for what they are, the show is really beautiful and presented well. The sound system is crystal clear. The projections are cool. The fireworks themselves are impressive. All I find to be lacking compared to HEA is that tug on the heartstings....and music from pirates because let's face it that score is epic and should be everywhere :)

Enjoy it...it's MK and it is still very much magical.

It is very impressive. I like all the fireworks at MK, and could happily watch any of them. Epcot’s is very cool too!

(I wouldn’t tell them to expect something amazing, because then an amazing show is what’s expected. Just tell them there’s fireworks and see what they think after?)

Just tell them there’s fireworks and see what they think after?)

Also, don't plant "well, this isn't as good as it could have been" in their heads. Let them experience it for themselves.

I haven't seen Enchantment yet - will be doing so next week. I personally didn't get the enthusiasm over HEA - I am a Wishes girl. But I'm going in with an open mind - I've avoided reading critiques and have not watched one live stream of it. Let them do the same.

I think the biggest disappointment with Enchantment is the music. It needs to have more familiar Disney tunes rather than new music.

I think they will all enjoy the MK fireworks show. People like to complain and seems some of the negative comments over the new show are just because it is different from the prior show. I have no idea how any individual person can speak for most others, it is just their opinion of what they saw. Disney probably likes to modify the shows after a few years just like they did at Epcot so it continues to be new/different for those attending.

If the majority of your party has never seen it before, it will be a new experience when they watch and they really won't have anything else to compare it to.

Last edited:
I'm probably committing some sort of disney sacrilege by saying this, but I don't need my fireworks to have a theme or a story or even music. I'm part of the "look there are explosions in the sky" crowd.
We have kids who are up at 6 AM regardless of the time they go to bed, so we didn't watch fireworks in the park. I liked what I saw from my theme park view Poly room.

My town scrimps and saves and fundraises to get 15 minutes of fireworks one night a year, Disney does them every night. So on that level, I find the shows impressive.

I'm probably committing some sort of disney sacrilege by saying this, but I don't need my fireworks to have a theme or a story or even music. I'm part of the "look there are explosions in the sky" crowd.
We have kids who are up at 6 AM regardless of the time they go to bed, so we didn't watch fireworks in the park. I liked what I saw from my theme park view Poly room.

My town scrimps and saves and fundraises to get 15 minutes of fireworks one night a year, Disney does them every night. So on that level, I find the shows impressive.
The only thing that gets me excited about fireworks is all the people lined up in front of the castle leaving the rides with fairly low wait times. It's a wonderful thing!!!!!

My husband and 6 year old never saw HEA (in person, anyway, the 6 year old has watched youtube with his sisters) and they thought it was great.
My older girls and I definitely thought it was a let down after HEA. I wouldn't have said anything afterwards (why spoil a perfectly good evening?) but the 15 year old immediately busted out with "HEA was SO much better." Lol. My husband was all "way to spoil my fireworks high!"
I enjoyed Harmonious more but had nothing to compare it to, since we never stayed for Illuminations at Epcot.

Last edited:
I mena, Enchantment is a very good fireworks show - just not as well-liked as HEA. It is technically on the same level though and should impress anybody.

I'm right there with you.
I don't think there's such a thing as bad or disappointing fireworks
Not of the level that Disney does at least.
This isn't AAA Ball Club fireworks we are talking about, that are done every Friday night from wagons on the infield (which is what our local franchise does). Even those are pretty.
This is massive, multi thousand dollar shows and it shows.
Plus there are some really spectacular scenes on the castle and buildings along main street. I can't imagine not being in awe of it all. Even if there was no music at all.
For someone who has never seen them. I dare them to watch and not have their mouth just hanging open all during the show.
But then again, I like fireworks more than most.
Disney's July 4, NYE shows literally bring tears to my eyes. They are so stunning

I’m with you about loving the fireworks themselves. We have never done Disney fireworks before. Would the across-the-lake view be worth trekking over from our Epcot area hotel? I’m not sure we are up for the crowds trying to exit the park all at once.

I’m with you about loving the fireworks themselves. We have never done Disney fireworks before. Would the across-the-lake view be worth trekking over from our Epcot area hotel? I’m not sure we are up for the crowds trying to exit the park all at once.
I say no. You miss all the projections which are also amazing. Besides, no reason to exit with the crowds. MK is still open following fireworks. Stick around. Do rides.

If you don't mind missing the projections on the castle, then yes, I believe it's worth the trek to see the fireworks. You can see them very well from the ferry dock at the TTC, from the beach at the Poly (except on New Year's and 4th of July when that area is restricted to Poly guests), and from the marina and the boat dock at GF. The music is piped in to each of those places, too!

One of my favorite memories is when DH and I left MK a bit before the fireworks were scheduled to begin, in order to get ahead of the crowds leaving. Just as we disembarked from the ferry, the music started, and we turned around to see that we had an amazing view of the fireworks! And by the time the bulk of the crowds were arriving at TTC, we were in our car and on our way to our hotel.

People were disappointed when Happily Ever After started and they lost Wishes.
People were disappointed when Wishes started and they lost Fantasy in the Sky.
People were disappointed when the Main St. Electrical Parade went away and was replaced by SpectroMagic.
People were disappointed when SpectoMagic went away was the Main St. Electrical Parade was brought back.

You will always find people who say the thing that was there when they first went was better than what replaced it.

People were disappointed when Happily Ever After started and they lost Wishes.
People were disappointed when Wishes started and they lost Fantasy in the Sky.
People were disappointed when the Main St. Electrical Parade went away and was replaced by SpectroMagic.
People were disappointed when SpectoMagic went away was the Main St. Electrical Parade was brought back.

You will always find people who say the thing that was there when they first went was better than what replaced it.
Given that we are literally talking about millions of people, yes, some fit each of those for the reason you describe. But the amount/degree of disappointment with each of those situations is VASTLY different. The disappointment with Enchantment FAR outweighs the disappointment with each of those situations. That's not to say Enchantment is a bad show, but dismissing the reactions as "same old same old" ignores reality.

Hi All,

We're taking my family to WDW in September and the vast majority of them have never seen MK fireworks before. We were huge fans of HEA and understand the Enchantment is disappointing for most people. My question is, for those in my party who have never seen a fireworks show at MK before, will they still be impressed?

Everyone is really excited for the 'magical' fireworks show they've all hears about and I just want to know if I should start setting expectations, or just leave it be :)

Thank you!
Leave it be, let them make up their own minds. Enchantment has its issues, and overall both Wishes and HEA were better shows. But Enchantment is still an impressive show.

If you have never seen the show, you want to be near the hub to see the fireworks, the castle projections and look back at the projections on the buildings on Main Street.
It is impressive and really takes a few times to see it to appreciate all that is there.

The only thing that gets me excited about fireworks is all the people lined up in front of the castle leaving the rides with fairly low wait times. It's a wonderful thing!!!!!

I agree....

We do like watching the Fireworks, but we tend to do that back at the entrance to what was Storybook Circus. You do miss the show on the castle, so first time you really need to see that. But after a few times, I enjoy not being in the crowd. Last visit Dumbo had NO wait and some of the kids got on and rode it while the fireworks were going... they let them stay on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter