• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Enchantment to Kona

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Trying to time dinner after Enchantment. Calendar says 8:00 enchantment and it’s about 20 mins long , right? Think we could be to Kona via the monorail by 8:45?

Its hard to say.
There will be many people headed out of the park right along with you and trying to get of the monorail.
I think the boat to Poly may be a better option but still cutting it close depending on the amount of people and timing of the boat.

If you watch from the train station area, and RUN to the resort monorail or boat, sure :)
If you are in the hub, very doubtful

I would try to get the latest reservation possible at Kona. Even if you watch from the end of Main St, as PP suggested, and then hustle out of the park, there is no telling how long it will take to wait for the next boat or monorail.

If you are anywhere near the castle - I doubt it. Everyone exits the park after the show. Like other posters have said - I would watch it from the end of main street - also I would check the boat before heading to the monorail. Also you do have a 15 minute grace period - just not sure what time the last ADR is.

Someone told us it took them an hour even without fireworks to get to the Polynesian after park close. You could watch the fireworks from the TTC and then go to Kona. We have Ohana at 9:10 pm (fireworks are at 8), so we will be watching from the Polynesian beach or TTC. The review from Best life & Beyond - Evening monorail ride shows the view from the TTC (I didn’t know about this but was searching for tips).

If you are thinking about boat or monorail expect the rush to leave to exceed capacity to get you out of there. Post fireworks almost multiplies your wait time. During Christmas getting out of the park anytime took 2-3x longer at anytime of the day. Another option to select a time a little later and consider the option to walking to PR via the walkway. Probably about 30 minutes to walk based upon reports (not sure of their walking pace or tide), but need to check about the possible bridge impact related to the Electric Water Pageant

If you are thinking about boat or monorail expect the rush to leave to exceed capacity to get you out of there. Post fireworks almost multiplies your wait time. During Christmas getting out of the park anytime took 2-3x longer at anytime of the day. Another option to select a time a little later and consider the option to walking to PR via the walkway. Probably about 30 minutes to walk based upon reports (not sure of their walking pace or tide), but need to check about the possible bridge impact related to the Electric Water Pageant
Bridge impact? Does the water pageant cause a bottleneck at the water bridge?

Bridge impact? Does the water pageant cause a bottleneck at the water bridge?
The water bridge closes to pedestrians to allow the EWP to leave the canal where it’s docked (the bridge swings to open the canal where it joins the lagoon). I have no idea how long it takes to open it, let the EWP out, then close it again. And it has to open again to let the EWP back into the canal.

Someone told us it took them an hour even without fireworks to get to the Polynesian after park close. You could watch the fireworks from the TTC and then go to Kona. We have Ohana at 9:10 pm (fireworks are at 8), so we will be watching from the Polynesian beach or TTC. The review from Best life & Beyond - Evening monorail ride shows the view from the TTC (I didn’t know about this but was searching for tips).

This is a great idea. The view is excellent, and the audio is piped in, but of course you do miss the projections on the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter