End of january? crowds and weather?

slinky101

DIS Veteran
Hi, anyone been at end of january, is it freezing :cold: Is there anyone else there? is the magic unlimited season as good as it sounds ar are the no real crowds anyway? :confused3
thanks in advance ::MickeyMo

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi Claire,

I can’t answer your questions unfortunately but I would also like to know about crowds at the end of Jan!

Can anyone help? Is there any queuing midweek for rides?

Dave

Hi, I haven't been at end of Jan but from what others have said it is VERY cold but not crowded at all, especially mid week!! If the crowds were substantial at all I don't think they would be able to offer the unlimited thing. I would think it would be a good time to go but wrap up well.

I have beeen to Disney many many times during Jan.
Yes once in awhile you get a cold day and night
usually pants and long-sleeved shirt. I have had
many many warm days in 80's. Last time I was there
in Jan. was in 2000. Everyday was in shorts. You
being from the UK-it should be quit warm. Crowds
very very sm. 10min wait on major rides.

Muffy0110, I think you may be talking about WDW whereas we are referring to DLP which definately does not have temperatures in 80s in Jan more like below zero! :rotfl:

We went the middle of January this year. Some of the days we were happy walking around in a fleece but a couple of the days were VERY cold and you needed fleece, coat, hat, scarves and gloves!! As it was Magic Unlimited there were a lot of English families there. You certainly don't get the queues you see in the summer (although we went Monday - Friday and the Friday there were a lot of people checking in so I would imagine the weekends were much busier) but it is nice to be able to stay on some of the rides for as long as you like, especially if you're feet are tired and want a rest or you are cold and want a warm up! If you pack a mixture of clothes or wear layers it is better as you can add/take away a layer or two. I think the longest queue time we saw while we were there was 20 minutes but many were like 5 minutes or however long it takes you to walk to the ride entrance.

We have gone twice in May and once in early June and many times we have been able to stay on the rides. The parks are literally empty during weekdays in May and the weather is wonderful, it is also pretty cheap to go then!! Sorry, slightly off topic I know but I just had to tell you how wonderful park is that time of year.

thanks nicola, doesn't matter that its off the topic a bit, always interested in cheap times to go with small queues! ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter