End of March/ Beginning of April - More ride closures?

CaseyK

Mouseketeer
My daughter's cheer team is competiting in Anaheim March 28/29. Since we are coming from Vancouver Canada, I am adding dates onto our trip. I can't just do two (not even full days!) at Disney. So I have added three days onto our trip. Looking at the list I see Splash is down unti April 3 (our last day will be April 2), the castle may be tarped, Soarin' is closed, Grizzly River Rapids should be open (fingers crossed), and a bunch of others. I get there is still a lot to do, a lot of magic will still happen but curious if these (especially the castle) will take away some of the magic?!? Splash and Soarin' are my daughter's favorites. BTMR was closed last time we were there so that will help :) I have never really experienced the parks with such significant refurbs happening. Are they expecting to add more? Just wanted to get some confirmation that things will still ROCK! TIA :)

We are going 3/21-3/28 and yes while the ride closures are not ideal we are going with a positive attitude and will have a blast no matter what!!:cool1:

The way we are looking at it is with these closures in effect it will give us the chance to try things that we normally would have not tried.

As far as we are concerned any day at Disney is a great day no matter what attractions are closed.

Have a great trip and enjoy the magic! :wizard:

Of course it will still rock...its Disney!! :cool1:

Although it sucks when favorites are down, there are always new favorite rides to find, shows to see and parades to watch.

Have a magical time!

Are they expecting to add more? Just wanted to get some confirmation that things will still ROCK! TIA :)
As long as you go with an open mind and focus on the positive things, I think you can have a good trip!

In terms of the refurbishments, Disneyland does not release their refurbishment calendar that far in advance. So there is really no way of knowing if things will be added to the refurbishment calendar in the future. My inclination is to say that not too many more things will be added, but there is always the possibility that something unexpected will need repair, maintenance, or modification.

I can understand how disheartening the closures can be for some people. But think about it, any day at disney is better than a day at work! Instead of focusing on the things that will be closed, focus on the things that are open! Be positive and keep an open mind! The closures and rehabs are necessary for the parks to properly function, and for this year, disney wants everything to new and in tip-top shape in time for the 60th anniversary this summer. The closures are just a fact of life, so ignore that fact and go have fun!

I can understand how disheartening the closures can be for some people. But think about it, any day at disney is better than a day at work! Instead of focusing on the things that will be closed, focus on the things that are open! Be positive and keep an open mind! The closures and rehabs are necessary for the parks to properly function, and for this year, disney wants everything to new and in tip-top shape in time for the 60th anniversary this summer. The closures are just a fact of life, so ignore that fact and go have fun!

That's what we are going to do...it's Disneyland!! :yay:
I spoke to my kids this morning about the two big closures and they were both sad but then said- we can still do so much! Haunted Mansion, Pirates, on and on they went naming everything :) Made me feel pretty good. I was sick on our last day of our last trip and missed a second go on Radiator Springs Racers and quite a bit more and they both said that this trip would make up for mommy being sick last time...:love: melted my heart. They are already so pumped! There are so many things we haven't seen and done...shows, meet and greets....it's going to AWESOME!! Thanks for the reassurance everyone :)

That's what we are going to do...it's Disneyland!! :yay:
I spoke to my kids this morning about the two big closures and they were both sad but then said- we can still do so much! Haunted Mansion, Pirates, on and on they went naming everything :) Made me feel pretty good. I was sick on our last day of our last trip and missed a second go on Radiator Springs Racers and quite a bit more and they both said that this trip would make up for mommy being sick last time...:love: melted my heart. They are already so pumped! There are so many things we haven't seen and done...shows, meet and greets....it's going to AWESOME!! Thanks for the reassurance everyone :)

We are going this March and booked our trip last September before the refurbishment list was out. Our DS favorite ride is Soarin' and he wanted so bad to take his grandfather on that ride as their first ride together. When we found out Soarin' was going to be closed during our trip DW and I felt so sad that they couldn't go on Soarin' together. DS said that it was OK that it was closed and that he would take his grandfather on IJ instead as he was not tall enough the last time we were at DL and that IJ could be their special ride together on this trip instead.:goodvibes

Kids are truly awesome about taking things in stride. :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip to DL CaseyK

You will be happy to know the castle is supposed to be finished my March 2nd and unveiled on the 3rd! At least there's that :thumbsup2

One good tip we have noticed is if you are there the day before a refurb is meant to be finished often they have had soft openings the day before. Its not always guaranteed but on our last 3 trips this has been the case. I think California Screemin was due to be down the last time and was open a day earlier than listed.

No guarentees but there is always a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter