End of Park Reservations?

I was on the WDW site yesterday and did a survey and one of the questions was - which of these options would you prefer to do in advance for your trip? -Make a reservation for a specific WDW theme park for each day of my trip, Choose the first day of my trip that I might want to visit any WDW theme park or No preference. Any was underlined.

I was on the WDW site yesterday and did a survey and one of the questions was - which of these options would you prefer to do in advance for your trip? -Make a reservation for a specific WDW theme park for each day of my trip, Choose the first day of my trip that I might want to visit any WDW theme park or No preference. Any was underlined.

I know others have mentioned surveys like this, and I hope we all are giving the correct answer!

If anything changes the way I see it is resort guests won't have to make reservations eventually. AP holders will continue to have to make them as it's Disney's way of controlling the amount of AP holders in the parks each day. I could even see them go as far as resort guests with tickets get priority over guests with passes.

If anything changes the way I see it is resort guests won't have to make reservations eventually. AP holders will continue to have to make them as it's Disney's way of controlling the amount of AP holders in the parks each day. I could even see them go as far as resort guests with tickets get priority over guests with passes.
that isn't a bad guess, i think we are going to see a reimagined "perk" list in the next few years, all geared around getting people to spend more

that isn't a bad guess, i think we are going to see a reimagined "perk" list in the next few years, all geared around getting people to spend more
Agreed. I can see it going resort guests with tickets at the top and AP holders at the bottom. There is a reason they aren't in hurry to bring back APs.

All we know for certain is that more annual passholders aren't needed now.

There will come a time when that changes. Disney will adapt. And guests will respond.
I agree with you that all we know for now is that Disney doesn’t need as many. But I also think the writing is on the wall that Disney will continue to tamp down AP holders, I just don’t think they really need them any longer even if we do head into a recession

And if the AP holder is also sharing a room with a ticket guest? How does that work in your world?

The fact that they made it easier to change park reservations is a good sign that this will go away soon. If anyone can change them at any time, they are less of a fixed item that Disney can use for staffing purposes. Maybe that means that they have collected a decent amount of data to use to predict park usage. They might have been waiting to get past the revenge tourism hump that seems to be fading now.

The thing I want to go away is 2pm park hopping. I keep praying they will open that up by January but I am not counting on it.

The very very least they could do for people with tickets that allow park hopping is let them (by "them" I mean "me") go to the hopped-to park after 2 even if they haven't been to the reserved park and/or even if they have no park reserved at all. That would be a huge improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter