End of Sept VS end of Jan

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
I’m torn between these two times. I really want to try to hit the lowest crowds and I know that’s mere impossible, but who’s had experience with these two times and how was it?

I've been at the end of Sept, and in Dec. Can't speak for Jan but the crowds at the end of Sept were quite low and it was very enjoyable for us. The weather was also better for us. If it matters to you, I found it too cool in Dec, and the sun set earlier than what we're accustomed to.

That’s my concern with the end of January. I know my kids will want to swim and I’m afraid it’ll be to cold.

We last visited at the end of January in 2020 (a few weeks before the pandemic closures kicked in). It was cool and overcast most of the week. I didn’t mind the cool part, but more sun would have been nice. 😕 I didn’t see many folks using the pool, but there are always a few ”braver” than me! But we’ve also visited in early February and it was in the 70’s. Late September is still “iffy” with regards to hurricanes and still quite humid. But not too crowded.

I've been to WDW both of those times. Overall it's difficult to assess relative crowds, but I can say that I thought Epcot was far less crowded in January now that the Food and Wine is up and running in full force in late September (I remember when it didn't start until early October. Festival of the Arts doesn't seem to attract the same crowd levels. Although I much preferred the weather in January, for swimming I'd go with September. Although there seem to be pop-up showers a little more in September, I remember one January when it was so cold, drizzly, all week, I think I swimmer would much prefer the chance of the pop-up showers in September.

January is our favourite time to go; crowds aren’t too bad and you don’t have the crazy heat. We’ve gone numerous times in January and never had issues with rain, fwiw.

Went once in September and it was really hot and humid. I’d go again at this time of year but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

I went end of January this year and thought it was a great time to go. Crowds were low and I never felt the parks were packed or uncomfortable with crowds. The weather was kind of all over the place. It was cool in the mornings and evenings, warm enough for swimming in the afternoons but a couple of days it was cold and rainy. Even with the unpredictable winter weather, Im planning last week of Jan 2024.

End of January will definitely have less crowds and better weather, but keep in mind that's their "slow season" so they use that time to update rides and attractions. There's a chance more stuff will be closed if you go there in January/February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter