End of the year Teacher Gift ideas?

One room mom where I used to teach did birthstone bracelets for the teachers each year. They would have the school secretary write down how many kids were born in each month and use those for a bracelet. I always thought that was a cute idea!

My kids' school ends in 6th grade, so my DD11 will be graduating this year. Her teacher is an avid reader, so we're getting her a Barnes & Noble gift card as well as an engraved bookmark. Also, DD will write her a note since she is the best teacher DD has ever had and DD wants to let her know this.

I also have a DS in 4th grade and a DS in nursery school. I usually get each of their teachers a small potted rosebush or a bouquet of flowers. I love the "Thanks for helping me grow" that another poster mentioned. I will use that for the nursery teachers' plants.

Ask the principal to have the teachers write up a list and pick something off of the list as a combined group gift or individual ones...that way you know the teacher is going to be able to use it.

As practical and thoughtful as this idea seems, pretty sure the principal will not be willing to do this. He would come across as promoting parents to give gifts to teachers. I would stress again, teachers are so glad to be recognized in any way. A nice card (picture of your child enclosed is great) is always appreciated. If you truly want to give a gift they will use...gift cards all the way. My starbucks from Christmas are all gone:(. Those 5.00 gift cards were sooooo appreciated and used!

My favorite are gift cards...no amount is too small. I'd rather have a $5.00 gift card than $20.00 worth of candles, bath stuff, picture frames, candy, ornaments, or coffee mugs.

I'm having my annual yard sale tomorrow & have at least 5 more coffee mugs priced at 25 cents apiece ready & waiting. Let's hope they sell because I couldn't even give them away in the Teacher's Lounge.

Honestly, even a $5.00 gas gift card is greatly appreciated. Love it! :teacher:

I'll totally agree w/ this poster. GCs are always appreciated.

I was just thinking about this today. I had two $20 coupons for Tiny Prints, so I made both of my kids' teachers personalized thank you cards. I only had to pay shipping, and they will have a nice stash of stationery. I gave gift cards at Christmas, but wanted something personal, along with a note from my kids, for the end of the year.

We're getting DD6's K teacher a pedicure. She'll love it.

Also, an idea that was previously mentioned was a movie gift basket (popcorn, popcorn tub, etc). Redbox does not sell gift cards, but you can buy codes from them for free rentals. This would be a very affordable gift for a teacher - and something fun!

I didn't read all of these, so hope this idea is not a duplicate.

We are making a cookbook for my DS's 4th grade teacher. She is newly married and about to move into her first house. I asked each parent to send me a picture of their child and the recipe for the child's favorite dish or dessert. I am putting the book together on Shutterfly (drag & drop)- so far it is looking really cute. It is costing me around $25. I didn't ask the other parents to give $$, b/c I wanted to do it. However, if they offer to help with the $$, I will gladly take it!! ;)

you guys are going to make some teachers happy! I would love the pedicure or manicure idea!

For my 3rd grader I am thinking of something to say on a gas gift card tag.( maybe..... Thanks for knowledge fill ups!) Still working on that one.

For the 1st grade teacher, hmmm I am thinking maybe a restaurant gift card. The local breakfast place is one of her favorites and you can get a nice breakfast there for 2 for $25. The problem is the aid in that class. She really is a co-teacher. So I need to get her something as well.

And both boys will be writing thank you letters to the teacher to go along with the gift.

photobucket-4260-1336088063065.jpg

So easy to make...I make these for less than $1 a piece. Great for grocery lists/journals/to do lists!

My favorite are gift cards...no amount is too small. I'd rather have a $5.00 gift card than $20.00 worth of candles, bath stuff, picture frames, candy, ornaments, or coffee mugs.

I'm having my annual yard sale tomorrow & have at least 5 more coffee mugs priced at 25 cents apiece ready & waiting. Let's hope they sell because I couldn't even give them away in the Teacher's Lounge.

Honestly, even a $5.00 gas gift card is greatly appreciated. Love it! :teacher:

I've always wondered.... our teachers insist on no gifts but I think the administrators are telling them to say that. I usually do gift cards. Good to know that even a $5 or $10 one is a good gift.

I didn't read all of these, so hope this idea is not a duplicate.

We are making a cookbook for my DS's 4th grade teacher. She is newly married and about to move into her first house. I asked each parent to send me a picture of their child and the recipe for the child's favorite dish or dessert. I am putting the book together on Shutterfly (drag & drop)- so far it is looking really cute. It is costing me around $25. I didn't ask the other parents to give $$, b/c I wanted to do it. However, if they offer to help with the $$, I will gladly take it!! ;)

I love this idea - it's great to have pictures of all the kiddos, but this is also something useful! I think she'll love it!

As a teacher, I would appreciate:

Gift Cards - especially for leisure activities such as books or movies or restaurants

Stationery - personalize would be extra nice, I always need something nice to write notes on

A simple expression of thanks is most often what I get and most appreciated. :goodvibes

At Christmas time I got the bus driver and teachers a fancy apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. They have tons of different kinds of apples. Chocolate covered in sprinkles, traditional carmel covered, etc. They were a big hit. It was budget friendly :)

I used Etsy for most of my gifts this year and they are great. We got cups with names or messages on them (DS is special needs, so we changed per their job...) and they are cute and affordable. Really nice and usable too.

At Christmas time I got the bus driver and teachers a fancy apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. They have tons of different kinds of apples. Chocolate covered in sprinkles, traditional carmel covered, etc. They were a big hit. It was budget friendly :)

Yum! Those things are awesome! One of my kids gave me a gift card for that place one year and now I am hooked. The S'Mores one is my favorite:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter