• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Endgame

If my library gets it in audiobook and I’m planning a road trip, I’d give it a listen. Otherwise, probably not a burning desire. I must say that Charles as king just hasn’t inspired my interest and all the news in recent years has peeled back certain layers of mystique. I’m just not that curious at this point. :confused3

I'll just wait for the juicy bits to show up online.
All the juice there is now out there. Kate & William are the evil, cold bad guys, Charles is unfit for the job and Camilla called Piers Morgan to thank him for his honesty about Meghan (which he has denied).

And the issue that the Dutch copy had very strangely the name of the royal racist in it. The publisher called it a "translation error".

All the juice there is now out there. Kate & William are the evil, cold bad guys, Charles is unfit for the job and Camilla called Piers Morgan to thank him for his honesty about Meghan (which he has denied).

Yawn. So predictable.

I probably won't read it, even if the library gets a copy. I used to be a huge royal family geek around the time of the wedding in 1981. Like a lot of young teenage girls I was very taken with the idea of royalty and Princess Diana. As an adult I can see it for the dysfunctional crapshow it really is.

I will give it the exact same interest I always give royal happenings.

About enough interest to post I won't bother with it.

Obviously I could care less, and I do mean could. But not much less.

Find it so odd that all the details that have been put out there, and everything else that has gone before from this author? journalist? is consistently relayed with such personal animosity. Writing from the perspective of not liking a monarchy would be understandable. Writing from the perspective of disrespect for members of the family for specific behavior or patterns of behavior would be understandable.

Consistently writing in the tone of trashing various family members, often without citing reasons why so and so is absolutely such a villain is strange and doesn't convince on its face. When incidents are detailed they are usually framed as private situations where the same two parties are consistently wronged for absolutely no reason, aside from claims of jealousy from family members of their unquestioned public popularity and/or unrivalled ability to carry out royal appearances and duties far beyond anything imagined by the rest.

No matter what these people are actually like (my personal opinion is that in general they're all quite entitled and out of touch and I'm quite happy not to be a taxpayer forced to support them), nothing in any accounts by this writer pass a credibility sniff test.

No interest here either. Way too much gossip from those trying to sell a book/movie/TV show about the royal family. Any of these 'tell-all' books are written with a slant to sell more copies. How much is true vs. someone's one-sided opinion of various situations isn't worth my time to figure out. I really don't care who said what to whom or why one person doesn't seem to get along with another.

I am sure every family has issues of one sort or another depending on who you talk with or which version of various situations you believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter