England/France 8/23

Jiminy's Girl

Earning My Ears
DVC since 1999, and we have never done an ABD. It is our 30th Anniversary and we are considering this ABD. I checked the website and have a cast member calling us tomorrow. I was unable to find an itinerary on the site. Is there one? Maybe I'm missing it. The site gives a very vague overview. Anyone here taken this trip? Any help or insight is appreciated! Starting to get excited!!

Cost ..... way over priced And Airfare not included

Look up trailfinders.com or trailfinders.ie
I don't believe the OP was asking for alternative options. You've never taken an ABD, so you don't really know if it's overpriced or not.

ETA: Also, trailfinders.com is a travel agency, not a tour provider, and I looked at the list of guided group tours they book, and there's no England or France trip listed. The only trip they have that's physically even close is Scotland, and it doesn't look anywhere as nice as the ABD Scotland tour. And the airfare is not included for them in the quoted price (which *is* considerably lower) for the group tours, as the price of the airfare depends on departure airport, availability, etc. There is NO description of what type of Guide or how many you'd get, only one hotel is specifically listed, it just does not seem to be anywhere even close to what you get with ABD. PLUS, they are a UK company, and there's no US phone number to call, so it's long distance to even call them. So you're really comparing apples to oranges here

Sayhello

Last edited:
My family took this tour and it was hands down the best 2 weeks of our lives. Each day we had private tours, saw so many sites that would otherwise take a month, great food, great hotels and the guides were outstanding. We are looking into Italy next year - would 100% recommend ABD.

It’s expensive; it doesn’t include airfare. Maybe there are other high end tours, but for our family it was outstanding!

If you have any specific questions I’d be happy to answer them. Good luck!

PS: Go to DL Paris at the end of the trip. It’s 30min away and really cool. Especially if you are like us and probably only go to France once in a lifetime.

I would also say, it’s expensive but wouldn’t consider it overpriced. Crown Jewels by ourselves before it opens; skip the line at the Eiffel Tower to a fancy Champaign lunch; jet boat on Thames; bike ride at Versailles; archery in the English country side…and that’s about 1/4 of what we saw and did. Man it was the best!!

I just went in December, 2022. It was great, and the guides were awesome (Melissa and Damien). The local guides were also superb.

Because it was winter, we didn't get a chance to do some of the items (archery, bike ride, jet boat), but the guides found suitable replacements.
The only thing we really missed that we were supposed to go on was the Eye, due to scheduling.
There was also some confusion on the Royal Jewels timing, but that got worked out, and we still got our private tour of it.
We also couldn't go to Windsor castle since King was there, but we went to an alternate castle, and still visited Windsor town, which meant I was in the same town as the King of England, haha.

I also recommend that you do Disneyland Paris afterwards, about half of the families went there. We stayed at Marvel hotel, highly recommended.

My family took this tour and it was hands down the best 2 weeks of our lives. Each day we had private tours, saw so many sites that would otherwise take a month, great food, great hotels and the guides were outstanding. We are looking into Italy next year - would 100% recommend ABD.

It’s expensive; it doesn’t include airfare. Maybe there are other high end tours, but for our family it was outstanding!

I’m doing this tour with my daughter in April to celebrate her sweet 16 and we are so excited. What did you do during the nights where dinner is on your own, particularly in Paris?

DVC since 1999, and we have never done an ABD. It is our 30th Anniversary and we are considering this ABD. I checked the website and have a cast member calling us tomorrow. I was unable to find an itinerary on the site. Is there one? Maybe I'm missing it. The site gives a very vague overview. Anyone here taken this trip? Any help or insight is appreciated! Starting to get excited!!
Here is a link to our video from 2018

I’m doing this tour with my daughter in April to celebrate her sweet 16 and we are so excited. What did you do during the nights where dinner is on your own, particularly in Paris?
there are plenty of great restaurants around the hilton opera In Paris. We ended up going to two of them over 2 nights. Other families ubered to other areas in Paris Or also stuck around The hotel. Some also went on shopping excursions.

the guides were great in recommending.

there are plenty of great restaurants around the hilton opera In Paris.
Agree. We particularly enjoyed one that was directly across the street from the hotel. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name.

We are looking to add on an extra day before the trip in London. Do you have an recommendations for tours or ideas of things to do? I love the idea of adding on LDP to the end! Thank you!!

We are looking to add on an extra day before the trip in London. Do you have an recommendations for tours or ideas of things to do? I love the idea of adding on LDP to the end! Thank you!!
If you are at all a Harry Potter fan, the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour is fabulous. It's just outside of London, and very easy to get to via train and shuttle. They do sell out, and you can't buy tickets at the door, so make sure you buy your tickets early if you want to go.

London Walks does an amazing array of walking tours around London. https://www.walks.com/
Depending on what interests you, you can find an entire array of fabulous walks. And they are incredibly reasonably priced (although a tip is pretty much expected and totally worth it!)

Sayhello

Did the trip in June 2022 with my 9 year old daughter.
We both loved it. I went to both cities in the past, lived in suburbs of London as a teen and never seen as much as with this trip.
Awesome adventures in-between sightseeing such as archery in the English countryside and chocolate making in Paris. Just gave the trip a special twist. So convenient with a private air conditioned bus and all the transportation which in both of these cities is expensive and challenging especially with kids.
Things I regret is not doing DL in Paris which is close and worth doing since you are already there, not seeing either Lion King or Marry Poppins shows in London during free time.
Definitely worth doing boat sightseeing in free time in Paris, this is hop on and hop off which is great and good for kids especially when it is hot.

I would also say, it’s expensive but wouldn’t consider it overpriced. Crown Jewels by ourselves before it opens; skip the line at the Eiffel Tower to a fancy Champaign lunch; jet boat on Thames; bike ride at Versailles; archery in the English country side…and that’s about 1/4 of what we saw and did. Man it was the best!!
I agree with all of this. My daughter got to OPEN THE DOOR to the crown jewels and be the first person inside for the day (we did the trip in 2019). What a lovely experience. Our guides were the absolute best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter