Enhancement Minimums

Pandora.becca

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Wondering if anyone knew if on holidays like MLK day, Presidents' Day, or July 3rd if the Monday enhancement minimum applied or if its higher because of a holiday??

Also, does a wishes dessert party, if you do a brunch reception, count towards enhancement or food and beverage minimum?

Thanks!

Usually the only price that changes in relation to holidays is the cost of a DJ (doubled on Fridays and Saturdays in December). With the new seasonal pricing, this may have changed, but so far I haven't heard of anyone being charged higher minimums on or around a holiday.

Dessert parties do not count toward any of the minimums. Only food and beverage served at the reception and cocktail hour count.

Thanks so much! I was worried if I wanted a Monday wedding on Presidents' Day if it would cost just as much as a weekend wedding. Fingers crossed!

Usually the only price that changes in relation to holidays is the cost of a DJ (doubled on Fridays and Saturdays in December). With the new seasonal pricing, this may have changed, but so far I haven't heard of anyone being charged higher minimums on or around a holiday.

Dessert parties do not count toward any of the minimums. Only food and beverage served at the reception and cocktail hour count.
Sorry for another question, since disney posts outside vendors for videography now-will their prices count towards your minimum or no??

Our wedding was on Labor Day Monday in 2015 and we did have the higher enhancement minimums because it was a holiday. Not sure about the specific holidays you mentioned though.

Our wedding was on Labor Day Monday in 2015 and we did have the higher enhancement minimums because it was a holiday. Not sure about the specific holidays you mentioned though.

What did they charge you? Did any of your other minimums go up?

This is great information...I assumed the MK photoshoot always counted toward minimums! We are leaning toward using utilizing outside photography, but also want to do the MK photoshoot. Game-changer in terms of planning to meet the minimums! Thanks @lurkyloo

That's what I thought too-tough choice. Would love to use a particular outside photographer because of the horror stories I've heard with DFTW photography but also like the money saving aspect. Am I just being dramatic about using their photography??

That's what I thought too-tough choice. Would love to use a particular outside photographer because of the horror stories I've heard with DFTW photography but also like the money saving aspect. Am I just being dramatic about using their photography??

No. They still seriously botch photographing weddings sometimes and miss key moments. While you cannot guarantee an outside photographer of your choosing won't have an absolutely horrific day and fail to capture your wedding to the normal standard of their body of work, you can at least control who you're working with and get a good sense of the kind of images you can expect. Going through Disney you can't even get that. It is a complete crapshoot.

It was only on the enhancements. Food and beverage stayed the same at $175 for dinner reception. I want to say it was the same as a Saturday wedding-$10,000-but I honestly can't remember because I ended up well over it. But I specifically remember during my initial phone call the consultant told me it would be higher because it was a holiday.

I agree with @LadyD. Wedding photography is too important to select based on budget alone. I've known plenty of brides who put in requests for three DFAP photographers and didn't get any of the ones they wanted. And I still see enough disappointed brides that I am compelled to recommend using outside photography for your Disney wedding

Besides, Disney's wedding photography packages are so expensive, you may save money by using an outside photographer.

I went back and found my letter of agreement and it was actually $8000 enhancement minimum since it was on Labor Day. So I think that is the same as a Sunday, Thursday, or Friday wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter