• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entering the MK for Keys to the Kingdom Tour??

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
DH & I have reservations for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on 12/10. We were given instructions to arrive by 8:15 and meet at the Chamber of Commerce building. The opening time is listed as 9:00 that morning. Is there a specific place that we go for early entry after bag check? Right? Left?

Yep, you go with the people who have early breakfast reservations. It has always been to the left for us, but there should be a CM past bag check pointing which way to go, it could be to the far right also.

The three times I/we took the early tour, we went to the left after bag search and there was a Cast Member there with a clip board with our names on it. It's probably on an iPad nowadays.

It was to the left for us as well, enjoy the tour! It was such an amazing experience!!

Also, what I learned - there is no place to get food! So make sure you eat or have some granola bars with you.

(the last time we took an early tour they had some water, coffee and snacks available, and then we've gone in early to cheer for runners and I've been able to get food at Casey's or the coffee shop - but they do not open on regular days!)

Hi OP, just wanted to share with you our experience on 9/18. We were also told to go to the Chamber of Commerce building for our 9:30am tour, so we did. And we sat there all alone for almost 15 minutes before a Cast Member came to the desk. We asked about the tour meeting place, and he said "oh it moved to Town Square." They had not fixed their website or confirmation.

In Town Square, we checked in at the desk on the right as you go through the main entrance. You can hang out at the waiting area for Tony's while you wait for your tour to begin.

This all might be different for you as you have the early tour and they may direct you correctly, but for anyone who is just coming in with the masses after the Welcome Show, you may be confused. I'd say check both places just to be sure.

Enjoy the tour! It was so fantastic. We had Kevin from North Carolina. He was very good!

PolDisneyFam, I'm glad I saw your post. I'll be sure to ask when we get there to confirm which direction to go to check in. Thank you!

If you are doing the 9:30 tour, is it reasonable to take a Main street vehicle down (and maybe even back) before the tour?

DonaldDuck77, I'd say if you were there early enough to see the welcome show, you could get in and wait for the first Main street vehicle ride. I would walk back after that and check in for your tour. We had plenty of time to kill before our 9:30am tour.

DonaldDuck77, I'd say if you were there early enough to see the welcome show, you could get in and wait for the first Main street vehicle ride. I would walk back after that and check in for your tour. We had plenty of time to kill before our 9:30am tour.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. The reason we chose the 9:30 was specifically to see the welcome show, so we will definitely be there that early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter