EP hotel for family of 5

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
Hi all! My family is thinking of taking a weekend trip to UO this July. We’ve stayed at both Cabana Bay and Portofino and enjoyed them both for different reasons. CB has a great room size, food court and pool. PB has EP and walkable/boat ride to the gates. Since July will probably be better, I’m thinking the EPs might be worth the upgrade.

When we stayed at PB last time, my parents came and we had connecting rooms. This helped with beds for all the kids. I don’t think they will come with us this time so I’m looking for an EP hotel with room for 5. I saw Hard Rock has a deluxe room with a pull out sofa. Any other options/suggestions - not including a suite?

edited to add: my kids are 5, 8, and 12 if that helps! :)

Last edited:
I think you can add a fifth person to a regular room and pay an additional $50 per night. Then you have to rent a cot or bring something for them to sleep on.

I would do Portofino and get the rollaway ($35 per night) or let someone sleep on the floor/air mattress. It has the biggest regular rooms, and you might be able to do a deluxe with the extra space for not much more. I have used a rollaway there before in a regular 2Q room and it was definitely not too crowded. The rollaway was pretty comfortable too, but that was about 7 yrs ago.

We stayed at Royal Pacific in a club level 2 Queen (same size room as standard 2Q). We brought an air mattress for the 5th person. It was a little bit tight, but definitely doable, and my kiddos were bigger/older (9, 14, 17).

We have stayed several times in the Deluxe room at Hard Rock with basically 5 adults and we enjoy the extra space in it, trying a Portofino club room later this year just because I fell in love with Portofino Bay at Christmas but expecting it to be a bit cramped for 5 of us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter