EPCOT 2019 International Festival Of The Arts Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the free seminars that do not take advanced booking - where do you sign up? I'll be passing by the Odyssey building as I RD FEA. Are you able to sign up right at park opening?

Trying to decide if I want to rearrange my schedule (only slightly) to go to the seminar on props.

Last edited:
Related to the above - but how quickly do the (non-paid, first come, first serve) seminars fill up? I know that's a difficult question to answer.

I'm also trying to find any more information on the performers that will be part of the festival - is that something that will be announced later, or we'll only know about once the festival opens? I'm interested in seeing the Art Defying Gravity, Living Statues, etc.

So, I have a couple of questions...

We are there opening day, 1/18/19. Last year, I was there for the festival, but I didn't have a lot of time, and we weren't able to do the concert series. It looks like there are three times for our day (Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey). My guess is the 8pm show would be the best bet for us - does anyone have experience with which seating is the most/least crowded? My DH doesn't want to do a dining package, but I can always ditch the family and wait myself, but I only have experience with F&G, not the Arts Festival for the concerts...

Also, I was only there for a half day, but I feel like there were some fun art exhibits in Future World (like I recall a cool attraction poster exhibit in Odyssey maybe?). I only see some exhibits in the World Showcase - is there more but just listed in the park guide? Just curious...

(I'm watching Kevin Massey's performance from last year on YouTube - I may be making the family do the dining package!)

I don’t think the dining package is necessary unless you want really close seats. I went the first year they held it and heard from other festivals that people line up hours in advance so that’s what I did and that was totally not needed. Last year I had an ap so got the wrist band and showed up 15 minutes early and the whole back half was empty. Last year it was really cold so the weather may affect the crowds.

So, I have a couple of questions...

We are there opening day, 1/18/19. Last year, I was there for the festival, but I didn't have a lot of time, and we weren't able to do the concert series. It looks like there are three times for our day (Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey). My guess is the 8pm show would be the best bet for us - does anyone have experience with which seating is the most/least crowded? My DH doesn't want to do a dining package, but I can always ditch the family and wait myself, but I only have experience with F&G, not the Arts Festival for the concerts...

Also, I was only there for a half day, but I feel like there were some fun art exhibits in Future World (like I recall a cool attraction poster exhibit in Odyssey maybe?). I only see some exhibits in the World Showcase - is there more but just listed in the park guide? Just curious...

(I'm watching Kevin Massey's performance from last year on YouTube - I may be making the family do the dining package!)
I've attended the past 2 years and the package was not needed, we showed up about 30 minutes before and got great seats

I don’t think the dining package is necessary unless you want really close seats. I went the first year they held it and heard from other festivals that people line up hours in advance so that’s what I did and that was totally not needed. Last year I had an ap so got the wrist band and showed up 15 minutes early and the whole back half was empty. Last year it was really cold so the weather may affect the crowds.

I've attended the past 2 years and the package was not needed, we showed up about 30 minutes before and got great seats

Good to know! I don't need great seats, I just want seats of some kind to sit and listen! Partly the reason we don't want to do the dining package is that it doesn't include the restaurants we're interested in for this trip (definitely less restaurant choice than the Garden Rocks packages!). I'll just plan on a half and hour or so before the show, with whomever wants to wait with me! After watching some performances on YouTube, I'm really excited for it! Thanks!

Sorry I am lost when it comes to the Festival of the Arts. I'm gong on my first Disney World Trip. I'm booked for the Coral Reef on Jan 22 at supper. I booked this 180 days in advance not knowing the Festival was going on. Will I get the regular menu? OR will I pay the Dining package? I wasn't planning on attending a show.
TIA

Sorry I am lost when it comes to the Festival of the Arts. I'm gong on my first Disney World Trip. I'm booked for the Coral Reef on Jan 22 at supper. I booked this 180 days in advance not knowing the Festival was going on. Will I get the regular menu? OR will I pay the Dining package? I wasn't planning on attending a show.
TIA
You had to book through the FotA dining package, if you didn't then you just get dinner

Am I missing details on the animation academy or are they not out there yet? We’ll be there opening weekend and definitely want to work this into our plans! Thanks!

Am I missing details on the animation academy or are they not out there yet? We’ll be there opening weekend and definitely want to work this into our plans! Thanks!

This is a favorite for us too, and I’m hoping it comes back. The space where they held it last year in the Odessey building has been remodeled. The stage was removed. So, I’m curious if they’ll find a new spot.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/photos-ep...vily-remodeled-classic-1982-elements-removed/

This is a favorite for us too, and I’m hoping it comes back. The space where they held it last year in the Odessey building has been remodeled. The stage was removed. So, I’m curious if they’ll find a new

Do you remember what the waits for it were like? Is it something that we should be lining up for or is there a sign up sheet of some sort?

Not sure if this was already posted but there will be a passholde magnet during the festival from the wording could it be Figment?

Passholder Specials at Epcot International Festival of the Arts
With one little spark of inspiration, we’ll debut an exclusive Passholder magnet just in time for the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, along with special offerings to enhance your experience. Details to come soon on the Passholder Facebook page and the Disney Parks Blog.

Do you remember what the waits for it were like? Is it something that we should be lining up for or is there a sign up sheet of some sort?

We lined up for the next session. I don’t remember exactly, but I’d guess we arrived 30 minutes in advance.

We are heading down to Disney over Presidents’ Week. By chance, the Festival of the Arts will be going on at Epcot. Is there anything that might interest my 12- and 15-year-old sons?? They are much more sports and Xbox than art and theater, but I’d love it if there were *something* they might at least tolerate, if not enjoy!

I don't know if there is much at the Festival itself that would appeal to them. They might enjoy the painting wall--can't remember what it's called--where each person gets to paint a certain number of tiles on a wall that end up making a big mural when it's all done. This only takes a couple minutes though.

And of course there's the food!

I usually just let the kids go off and do their own thing, so I can take my time looking at whatever I want to. They could go play the games at the exits of Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. My son loves these games and will often skip the ride and go straight in the exit just to play. These wouldn't require any wait times.

I’ll be in Epcot in 1/17. Can I expect to see anything open as a preview, or will everything truly not open until 1/18?

This is my favorite festival of the year. We will be at WDW next week and added 3 additional days so we could make the opening weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter