• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot afternoon/evening toddlers recommendations. Particularly characters

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
So the way our touring is shaping up we are going to be MK heavy as we have two toddlers. Our kids do great with midday naps/breaks. We have two MK days planned, and were thinking of hopping over late afternoon to Epcot on our 2nd MK day, until however late we can get with our toddlers. Are there any character interactions we should know about? My kiddos love the Fab 5. I know there's Garden Grill, which was my first option but we are already doing Tusker House and Chef Mickey's, so I am okay skipping a character meal. I'm sure my wallet will be too! Plus I personally want to sample some snacks around the world. Any character interactions around Epcot that will allow hubs and I to avoid GG? Thanks!

My kids enjoy the Character Spot meet and greet at Epcot. It's always been Minnie, Mickey and Goofy when we've visited. You can use a Tier 2 fastpass for it if you want to avoid waiting for a long time. We also visit Daisy, to the right of Spaceship Earth when entering park. They have meet Pluto...on the left after entering world showcase going towards Mexico. I'm pretty sure Donald meets in Mexico as well, but we haven't been to that one yet.
My DD4 loves the character meets the most when visiting, hope your kiddos enjoy them also!

Also several of the princesses meet in their respective countries around showcase. anna elsa mulan snow white jasmin belle aurora as well as alice and mary poppins.

Nemo and Turtle Talk. As an adult I find Turtle Talk with Crash hilarious. DD will be 12 next trip but we will definitely sit in this and listen.

Use the MDE app, and change the top heading to “characters” and it’ll show you all the locations in the park. Be sure to click on each and make note of the times, the ones around world showcase can have some sporadic hours

There are fountains in the sidewalk in between Future World and World Showcase that toddlers have fun playing in.

As others mentioned, Donald meets in Mexico, Milan in China, Mary Poppins and Alice in England, jasmine in Morocco. And of course Anna and Elsa in Norway. Baymax is in FW and the character spot is too. There are several there.

Not sure if your toddlers would work with this, but you can eat with princesses at Akershus

My kids enjoy the Character Spot meet and greet at Epcot. You can use a Tier 2 fastpass for it...

I would definitely get the FP for Character Spot. We were at Epcot on a "slow" day in January and the line was really long. We had FP and were glad we did. It was Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in their traditional clothes. I like the other themes...safari and Hawaiian, etc. But it was fun to get some traditional pics. Epcot has really stepped up with the characters compared to (many) years ago when there were very few in the park.

I would definitely get the FP for Character Spot. We were at Epcot on a "slow" day in January and the line was really long. We had FP and were glad we did. It was Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in their traditional clothes. I like the other themes...safari and Hawaiian, etc. But it was fun to get some traditional pics. Epcot has really stepped up with the characters compared to (many) years ago when there were very few in the park.
Thanks I totally will! And now maybe this is a whole other conversation...if we are hopping over to Epcot in the afternoon (doing MK during the morning. This will be our 2nd MK day), should I hope to RD MK rides and use my FP for afternoon at Epcot? I am assuming Frozen will not be a FP I can get on same day? What about Epcot character spot FP? Can I hope to get that same day?

It all depends. I would use FP for Epcot to not have to worry about it. MK at RD will be short waits.

I would definitely check the hours because characters are not there super late in the World Showcase it seems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter