Epcot, AK and DHS have been slow all summer?

No doubt travel patterns have shifted... Those that travel not only do it more frequently...they also do it whenever they want.

For me, I don't particularly care about a week of school here or there, the weather in Orlando in July and August isn't exactly appealing, and I'm as much or more busy with work in the summer...

But that's just me

And me...

We take our family vacations when I can travel. I don't worry much about a week of school in October, early December, or mid January (my "slow" times at work) when we typically travel.

And I would rather NOT face Florida summers, if at all possible to avoid.

Lugnut...what are the reports about specifically? F&W Festival...MNSSHP? As for Food And Wine...I'm hearing that turnout has been a bit underwhelming compared to previous years. Most of the YouTube videos I have seen appear to confirm this(although I know it's in no way scientific). You're hearing differently?

Please don't think I'm being contentious...I'm seriously curious about exactly what you are hearing about crowd-levels.

I would agree that the Halloween party's are not an accurate indicator. Most of the people tend
To congregate in certain areas due to the event and locations in use during them.

Food wine seemed
To be a little flat/declining the last few
Times I was there. The offerings are usually all the same, pricing for all things Disney are up, and the park around it is in a little bit of disrepair.

I would agree that the Halloween party's are not an accurate indicator. Most of the people tend
To congregate in certain areas due to the event and locations in use during them.

Food wine seemed
To be a little flat/declining the last few
Times I was there. The offerings are usually all the same, pricing for all things Disney are up, and the park around it is in a little bit of disrepair.

Are you speaking of F&W from *this* year?

Are you speaking of F&W from *this* year?

No...last experience was 2011...but it seemed to have Jumped the shark then and for about 5 years before In my opinion... Though to be fair... Crowds were on the decline a little due to real estate stupidity... And the free dining crowd wouldn't typically be doing much food and wine...that's not a slight - it just doesn't make too much sense the way the dining plan is set up.

I really think Disney needs to look at expansion, and more than just Fantasyland. With Universal adding the WWOHP a few years ago with more plans to expand that, and then the recent opening of Springfield from the Simpsons, they've been able to pull in the crowds.

I guess there are only so many times people are willing to ride the same rides over again when there are new attractions a few miles up I4.

I said a few years ago that all those cuts at Disney may not have an immediate effect. But sooner or later there would be a "tipping point" where there would be a sudden and significant % drop in visitors. Maybe that just happened.

Disney's attitude of "more of the same" (eg "New" test track, double capacity of dumbo etc) is a crazy strategy for any theme park. I'm not sure even the dwarfs mine train is going to really be much new either when it finally opens.

Disney is supposedly about magic and surprise, both of which have been wearing very thin in recent years with all the cuts and more of the same strategy.

I agree with both statements. Disney park attendance is greater then Universal and Seaworld combined, regardless, they are putting in huge capital investments that WDW just does not seem to want too.

Ok, Ok, Ok: The new fantasy world is nice. And, the WDW answer to WWOHP is Avatar? Avatar? Avatar?

Why not Star Worlds land in DHS? Why not add something to the 30 odd buildings at Epcot that are shuttered. Why not Carsland?

Let me also throw out another theory...... I am a DVC member and think the concept is great for WDW. You have people that are pledging to go every year or every other. A captive audience.

You do get a bit bored. I am more willing to enjoy our resort, play golf, do other things. You do get a bit bored of them - so - why go? We went to MK this year just to see the new FantasyLand. And, one of the things I did was avoid the lines for rides and just walked around looking at the details of the park - something I always wanted to do - but - never felt I had the time to do it.

You do get a bit bored. I am more willing to enjoy our resort, play golf, do other things. You do get a bit bored of them - so - why go? We went to MK this year just to see the new FantasyLand. And, one of the things I did was avoid the lines for rides and just walked around looking at the details of the park - something I always wanted to do - but - never felt I had the time to do it.

I'm the same way. I remember a few years ago the summer promotion was Summer Nightastic. They came out with a list of things to do/see/visit on property, about 630 things. It had every restaurant, resort, shop, attraction, park, etc. I used that to create my "Disney Bucket List." Every time I go on property I try and check off something different (I count restaurants as just walking inside and looking at the menu, that could get very expensive).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter