Epcot AK day advice?!

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
Okay so I’ve never planned something like this before and am just looking for some help and advice. We are trying to do Epcot and AK in one day. I’ve thought about rope dropping Epcot with no FP, and having FP already made for the afternoon for AK but I don’t know if that’s the best idea because then I’d have to wait to use the FP and couldn’t get any new ones. I feel like that wouldnt be smart because we’d only make limited use of the FP that day. My only other idea would be to rope drop AK with fastpasses already made for that morning and then go to Epcot and see what FP are available for that park. Sorry I’m struggling with this, if you have any advice on which I should do first or how to configure it, that would be much appreciated! I’m trying to optimize fastpass use but I’m just not sure how. We also do want to ride the “big ticket attractions” like FOP and Test Track/ FEA but we’re okay if we aren’t able to ride some of the Epcot ones.

Wow this would take some intense planning.

I think to give any help at all I would need to know exactly what you want to accomplish in each park.

Are you planning for this split day to be your only visit to each of these parks?

If you can get FPs for AK 60+ days out, then maybe you could get FOP in the morning. This would be the best use of your time since you can get FPs for EPCOT that afternoon. Also the nighttime show at EPCOT will better than AK. Doing AK and EPCOT is really ambitious since EPCOT really is a multiple day park. The standby for FOP is extremely long at RD so getting a FP is a must if you want to ride it and do EPCOT. The only other option is getting a pre park opening ADR and then getting in line for FOP before the park gates open. This however doesn't always work out since the earliest times for Akershus and Garden Grill go fast at 180 days out. You have to be seated at least 45 minutes before the park opens in order to be done in time to get in line at FOP before the park opens. Many attractions at EPCOT can be done with minimal wait while the nighttime show is going on at World Showcase Lagoon.

Wow this would take some intense planning.

I think to give any help at all I would need to know exactly what you want to accomplish in each park.
I’m sorry I should’ve been more specific. We would like to do FOP, Everest, and the Safari at AK and TT, FEA (if we’re lucky), and Figment at Epcot. Trying not to do too much since it’s two parks and limited time.

If you can get FPs for AK 60+ days out, then maybe you could get FOP in the morning. This would be the best use of your time since you can get FPs for EPCOT that afternoon. Also the nighttime show at EPCOT will better than AK. Doing AK and EPCOT is really ambitious since EPCOT really is a multiple day park. The standby for FOP is extremely long at RD so getting a FP is a must if you want to ride it and do EPCOT. The only other option is getting a pre park opening ADR and then getting in line for FOP before the park gates open. This however doesn't always work out since the earliest times for Akershus and Garden Grill go fast at 180 days out. You have to be seated at least 45 minutes before the park opens in order to be done in time to get in line at FOP before the park opens. Many attractions at EPCOT can be done with minimal wait while the nighttime show is going on at World Showcase Lagoon.
this is extremely helpful, thank you so so much! I’m praying I’ll get FP for FOP or else I’m screwed lol! Thank you again!

I’m sorry I should’ve been more specific. We would like to do FOP, Everest, and the Safari at AK and TT, FEA (if we’re lucky), and Figment at Epcot. Trying not to do too much since it’s two parks and limited time.

I would get fast passes for those three animal kingdom rides and start at Epcot.
Rope drop Test Track, then head right to Frozen, then back track to Figment. Then you can hop to AK.

Getting fast passes for Epcot does not make sense, because you can only get either test track or frozen initially, not both.

Alternately, If you wanted to get to animal kingdom super early, like 75 minutes or more before rope drop, you could start with flight of passage, then go to Safari, then to Everest, and then you could make fast passes at Epcot. But, again, you could do figment and either test track or frozen but not both. The other you would have to do standby or try to get a fast pass once you have used all three.

The only other option is getting a pre park opening ADR and then getting in line for FOP before the park gates open. This however doesn't always work out since the earliest times for Akershus and Garden Grill go fast at 180 days out. You have to be seated at least 45 minutes before the park opens in order to be done in time to get in line at FOP before the park opens.
I don’t really understand this. How does a pre park open ADR help get on FOP? Also, those restaurants are at Epcot, not AK.

Ok, this may sound dramatic, but your whole plan, IMHO, will depend on whether or not you can get FOP FP+ and, if you can, what time you can get it for. Why? Because, of the rides you list, it's the hardest FP+ to get and will end up with the longest wait time if you don't get a FP+. Also, I've found it's easier to get extra EP, day-of FP+ than it is to get AK FP+.

Ideally, I would do this - try to snag FOP, Everest and Safari FP+ for the morning and as soon as you tap in for your third FP+, attempt to get a 4th at either TT or FEA. If you don't get them, just keep trying. What is the make-up of your party? If everyone is 7 or older, you can always do single rider at TT and, if you aren't interested in Illuminations, I would get in line for FEA about 5 minutes before park close. I've done that and only had a 10 - 15 minute wait to get on the ride. If you can't get FOP for the morning, I would snag it for whatever time you can get it and then plan from there. If it turns out the FOP FP+ is in the afternoon, I would RD EP (do FEA, TT and Figment) and then hop to AK for the FP+. If you can't get FOP FP+ at all, I would RD AK, do FOP first, head to safari and EE, then head to EP (I would still probably get FP+ for any AK attractions you are interested in that day so you have a chance of getting 4th, 5th, etc. FP+ in EP). I hope that makes sense.

I don't think this is impossible. As stated above try for FOP for your FP plus the other must do's. TT you can do Single Rider if it is an option for your party- I actually prefer SR to the FP line personally because I hate making the car each time. FEA is going to be the one that is longer, but I think you can absolutely accomplish these rides as long as you can get FOP. Otherwise, do it as the very last thing you do as the park is closing.

I agree with starting with FOP. If you can get an early FP+ there then that would be ideal. I'd suggest an order of Safari, FOP and then Everest. Then try to FP+ FEA immediately after you complete those AK rides. (like while you are in the line of your 3rd FP+)

I agree with single rider for Test Track. I'd make FEA the priority for your fourth FP+. If you miss out on FP+, you can consider riding Test Track or FEA during the fireworks. I'd rather ride than stand around looking at the fireworks, but that's just me. Lines will be greatly reduced during the fireworks. Figment won't be a big line, but I think it closes earlier than TT or FEA.

We are doing the exact same thing. We are going to both parks on the same day. Our plan right now is to rope drop Epcot and go straight to Soarin because it's our favorite, ride Living with the Land, eat at Garden Grill, then get in the single rider line for TT. We are not planning on riding FEA. I have been reading a lot about the rope drop at Epcot and I think the best strategy if you want to do all 3 of the popular rides is to head straight to FEA, then to Soarin, then the single rider line for TT. The reason we are not going to try to rope drop TT is because 40% of the time it is not running at rope drop.
We already have FOP, Safari, and Everest FP's for AK in the evening. The reason we choose AK for evening is because I love seeing Pandora and the tree of life lite up and it is also open later than Epcot.

I also would say try for AK fastpasses in the morning. Once all 3 are used, try for that 4th at Epcot. One other option, depending on when you are going and if you want to spend more money....you could do the frozen ever after dessert party at epcot and then you'd have a chance to ride frozen as well.

I think Maryj has it right, open at Epcot and secure all your FP at AK - time the safari around dusk for the animals. TT is notorious for being down first thing so its a risk to RD it. The last time we went we did FEA at RD and ended up in line for TT 20 minutes after. Then TT went down for 15 minutes... took about 45 minutes to finally get in a car but at least we didn't walk away empty handed. Epcot is definitely the easiest to manage without FP reservations, unless there is something there you would die to not ride on during your trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter