Epcot at Christmas

Boy Mom x3

Earning My Ears
Anything special in the World Showcase during the holidays? I read somewhere they have Santas in each country.... Is this true? Anything else? I'm taking kids out of school and if I can turn this into a semi education day, it might help with the principal. :)
Thanks!

I should mention... yes, I know Epcot can be VERY educational, but I can't (YET!) get my kids to explore World Showcase (except for Agent P) yet.... hopeing some Christmas stuff will help!

I think they have storytellers in each country that tell the story of each country's holiday celebration. We are looking forward to this! When my other kids were young, we bought the passports for them and they got them stamped in each country. They also learned the word for "hello" for each country so they could say hi to the cast member in their native language. Our youngest has just enjoyed the kidcot stations at each country and the Kim Possible game which is now Agent P.

Anything special in the World Showcase during the holidays? I read somewhere they have Santas in each country.... Is this true? Anything else? I'm taking kids out of school and if I can turn this into a semi education day, it might help with the principal. :)
Thanks!

We go for thanksgiving each year --- also taking the lil ones out of school --- 5 and 10 now --- if you go to the countries, usually where the "Kidcot" table is set up, many of them have "fact cards" from their particular country - they are free, and the kids love them !! Just ask one of the CMs ---

Thanks!

Yes, they do have a cultural show at each country. They aren't all Santa, but they are about celebrations unique to each country, some of which do include stories of Santa, or Saint Nick, Father Christmas, but also things like the Daruma Doll in Japan. Different seasonal food is also offered in the countries, usually small snacks.

The storytellers are one of the highlights of my trip to Disney over the holidays. They can be very funny and somewhat serious depending on what country you go to. In my opinion, Norway is not to be missed! The storytellers are usually 10-15 minutes and can be very engaging. I find them very kid oriented.

Isn't there like a mini food and wine as well with Christmas snacks and drinks from the countries?

Isn't there like a mini food and wine as well with Christmas snacks and drinks from the countries?
Yes there are a few pop stands. In Germany I got the hot caramel drink and it was delicious!

I loved the story tellers! We only watched the whole show for Germany & Norway. Both were great! I think I liked the Norway one more, but they are definitely educational. Like Germany's story was of how the Christmas tree came to be. I think your kids will have a great time and learn a lot!

Depending on the ages and interests of your kids they might enjoy the Candlelight Processional which is held for 3 shows each evening in the American Gardens Theater. There is a celebrity narrator along with choirs and an orchestra. It is ideal to purchase a dining package to ensure you get in but you can also wait in standby.

This is not just for the holiday but Canada, France, and China have movies. Mexico has a boat ride. Norway has the Frozen ride. America has the show The American Experience. Eating and shopping can be educational as well.

When do the holiday/Christmas story-tellers start? We will be at Epcot November 13. I know the Christmas decorations will be up at Magic Kingdom by then.

Do the DisIgners design Epcot passports for adults and kids? Drinks for adults and maybe snacks for kids? This may not be the appropriate place for this question but you got me to thinking that would be fun!

We did not budget enough time to experience all of the storytellers, but we did see France and Germany which were excellent, and the acrobats in China. We also purchased the Passports (which were a hit!) and participated in the Kidcot Stations.

I discovered this after we had made ADRs and didn't want the trouble of moving things around, but it might be helpful for you.

http://www.disneyyouth.com/our-prog...ion-series/#categories-youth-education-series

For single families select the "Individual Enrollment" on the left. I did not see anything specific for World Showcase, but there may be a cultural curriculum available on line that you could modify for your trip.

I did a quick Google search and wasn't terribly impressed with the results, but found this board on Pinterest that looks promising.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/63824519690318422/

Hope you can work something out for credit!

Last edited:
Yes there are a few pop stands. In Germany I got the hot caramel drink and it was delicious!

This drink is the best - basically warm melted caramels in a cup! Someone on here mentioned it last yr. before we went in Dec. and DS and I got one - heavenly!

My kids (boys, 3 and 6) loved the storytellers ! Norway and UK were our favorites. I also recommend the caramel drink. Delicious !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter