Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as losing the fountain of nations is a bummer, I think what they’re going to be able do do here, and the ability to see it from various areas around the park will help people get over the loss of FoN

Now COULD we see (I haven’t watched the D23 panel so they may have answered this) this come before we get Harmonius? It’s not a nighttime spectacular, but something vibrant and energetic like a fountain “show” during the day could bring energy to the park

Now COULD we see (I haven’t watched the D23 panel so they may have answered this) this come before we get Harmonius? It’s not a nighttime spectacular, but something vibrant and energetic like a fountain “show” during the day could bring energy to the park
Maybe. They barges will obviously be installed out there prior to the show debuting.

Maybe. They barges will obviously be installed out there prior to the show debuting.

At the very least it could be good to be able to collect data of what areas people gravitate to and alleviate clusters of people so that when they do start Harmonius they’re at least a little prepared of what to expect. Obviously it might be different once the pyro is implemented in terms of where guests go for the best vantage points, and it might be different than EF and Illuminations. So to be able to see these things play out during the day might help them down the line

Curiously omitted to yesterday's panel was Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana and Play Pavilion.

I thought we'd get something on those...

Last edited:
Curious admissions to yesterday's panel was Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana and Play Pavilion.

I thought we'd get something on those...
I’m assuming they were not talked about yesterday, omitted? I didn’t watch as I didn’t expect much to come from that. But my thinking is the construction of those is most likely slowed down drastically. They most likely want to get the Harmonious barges done and get the basic spine opened to make walking easier. Those secondary attractions will probably be 2022 or 23 at this point.

I’m assuming they were not talked about yesterday, omitted? I didn’t watch as I didn’t expect much to come from that. But my thinking is the construction of those is most likely slowed down drastically. They most likely want to get the Harmonious barges done and get the basic spine opened to make walking easier. Those secondary attractions will probably be 2022 or 23 at this point.
They likely also touched on Harmonious because people will start seeing work in the lagoon soon. I am sort of surprised they didn’t touch at all on the spine. You have a giant dirt field in the middle of the park.

Yeah meant omitted, fixed my post thanks.

JoW is a spine project so I'm thinking that will have priority...

I think the order we get those things:
  • Remy's
  • Harmonious
  • Space 220
  • SE Earth Lighting
Maybe they are holding out back info for PP and JoW completion for the WDW 50th news. They haven't announced a timeline yet.

I'd be curious if the Epcot Experience is still the same today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter