Epcot crazy on 12/5?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Is the general thinking Crowd Chaos? I was there the evening Harmoniuos soft-premiered and don’t want to repeat that insanity. I was thinking I could keep this as my Epcot day and leave by evening but with the garden and statue announcement I’m starting to think maybe I should go 12/4 instead? I don’t see a soft opening for Luminous on the schedule this year.

Or am I being crazy thinking people will flock to some gardens and a statue that morning?

I don't think it will be chaos, but there's always an uptick when things are new. Personally, I was already debating avoiding 12/5 because of Luminous now I am definitely avoiding with this opening as well.

I also have Epcot reservations for 12/5. Was on the fence because of Luminous and considered park hopping late afternoon. This new announcement helped me make my decision- avoiding Epcot all day.

I wasn't even thinking about that so I just went into my account to see what my reservations were. Thankfully, we only have one day actually reserved for Epcot and that is the 8th. We have hoppers (well I have an AP) and we normally just hop into Epcot after around 3 or so. I'll make sure to tell family about the 5th. We can always hop on out of there if it's too crowded. We do tend to spend a few hours every day at Epcot because we love it so much. We do have arrival day scheduled, the 3rd. but we won't get there until after 1 so I rarely count it as a park day.

We are going on the 5th (only day that was possible for us). I’m hoping it’s mostly locals and park hoppers coming right before fireworks and it won’t be bad in the morning/afternoon. Then they released the statue date for 12/5 and I’m questioning our plans :(

I would avoid the 5th if we weren’t interested in seeing the new offerings asap. 4th sounds better or 6, 7, or 8th.

Rumor has it a pilgrimage will descend on the miracle removal of EP’s black wall.

I also booked on the 5th before this announcement and it’s a short trip for me and I’m not local…. So…sigh… I was hoping a Tuesday would mean lighter crowds than a weekend. I’m thinking maybe I’ll hop to Epcot a couple others days to make sure I can get everything in I want, but keep the 5th. I honestly have never been to a park on a “this is new to the park first day,” so maybe seeing a crazy day might be an adventure.

I looked around the TPAS boards and don't see any threads about what is going on 12/5. In previous times I could find theme park news there. Guess I will have to google.

I looked around the TPAS boards and don't see any threads about what is going on 12/5. In previous times I could find theme park news there. Guess I will have to google.
Current mod on disboards has a different definition of what is allowed to stay on that board and moves stuff to other ones. Makes news way harder to find, but whatever. Like, what is plans, vs tips, vs strategy? IDK…..

I’m also booked for Epcot on the 5th. I was kinda excited to see Luminous but now I’m rethinking the plans, especially with a 1 year old! Maybe I’ll switch with AK day on the 3rd.

New night show, Walt statue and Future Whatever Neighborhood (I cannot keep them straight lol) gardens are premiering.
I also booked on the 5th before this announcement and it’s a short trip for me and I’m not local…. So…sigh… I was hoping a Tuesday would mean lighter crowds than a weekend. I’m thinking maybe I’ll hop to Epcot a couple others days to make sure I can get everything in I want, but keep the 5th. I honestly have never been to a park on a “this is new to the park first day,” so maybe seeing a crazy day might be an adventure.
An adventure it will be. I haven’t forgotten seeing Harmonius debut at the early soft open. Got to the park at like 5:30pm and crowds were already 4 deep around the lagoon from entry to R&C where I thankfully had an ADR and I stayed until closing. Found a bench outside after for about half an hour while crowds cleared and somehow still ended up on a crowded bus stuck in traffic trying to leave Epcot lol.

If you’ve already done what you want you can marvel at the insanity stress free. It’s certainly a different kinda vibe that night.

And with that memory recap of 2021 I’m switching to the day before. I want to enjoy all the story tellers and holiday stuff, not crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter