Epcot Eateries

MOCHAGIRL2

Earning My Ears
I WOULD LOVE TO EAT AT EPCOT AS IT IS MY DS'S 17 AND 11, FAVORITE PLACE, BUT EVERY PLACE WE THOUGHT OF GOING TO HAD BAD REVIEWS, ANY SUGGESTIONS? I WOULD LIKE SOME PLACES THAT WOULD INTEREST THE 11YR OLD, HE HAS ADHD AND SOMETIMES DINNER DOES TAKE A WHILE, SO KEEPING HIM INTERESTED IN HIS SURROUNDINGS IS A MAIN CONCERN. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS! :confused3

I don't specifically have any great ideas ,except to say, that reviews of the food are so subjective to the persons taste. We had been told all day that San Angel Inn had a great food. We tried it and weren't impressed- being from Texas we prefer Tex Mex, the restaurant was fine and the service was wonderful. Lots of people watching and a little overwhelming and noisy. We ate at Morroco and enjoyed the atmosphere.They played some instruments and had a belly dancer for entertainment.the service was very bad- we think there was some drama going on between a young couple working there! The food was different , which was why we visited. We discovered we aren't very adventerous eaters. But it was a fun experience. So, I might look at the menus and atmosphere and see what interests your boys the most.

Biergarten might be fun. Not too weird of food for kids but yet a bit adventurous and they have a band and dancing! Might keep him interested. Plus a buffet always is faster than ordering from a menu.

I haven't eaten at Biergarten but it does sound really cool. I have a feeling he might enjoy that

We love eating all over World Showcase. I think Biergarten is a great suggestion for your 11 yo needs. Morroco too, with the band and Belly Dancer. We love the food there, it is a beautiful restaurant and the servers are warm and friendly.
We ate at San Angel Inn 2 weeks ago, despite all the bad reviews it gets here. I was very skeptical. However it was great. Good food, attentive service, and nice surroundings. I did not think it was too dark at our table, although the setting is dark. Your son might enjoy watching the boat ride go by if you can get a table near the water.
Teppan Edo in Japan is another great suggestion. You sit at tables for 8, with a large Teppan Grill in the center. The chef comes to your table and cooks (sitir fries) your meal and entertains you while he cooks. It is great we love it and it definintly would hold your sons attention. The food is great and the restaurant is beautiful after its recent renovation
Whatever you choose be sure to make an ADR well in advance, and have fun.

Beirgarten is great, they have wonderful food and put on a great show with singing, dancing and music.

Also the Japanese restaurant, he can watch the chef prepare the food right in front of him.

Biergarten might be fun. Not too weird of food for kids but yet a bit adventurous and they have a band and dancing! Might keep him interested. Plus a buffet always is faster than ordering from a menu.

This was my first thought as well. Our kids DD12 and DS8 both love the Biergarten. We'll be returning there ourselves on our next trip this January.

Another fun spot that might keep him interested is the Coral Reef. Our kids love to sit and watch the fish. They give you a fish spotting guide so you can figure out what kind of fish you're looking at. ::MinnieMo

Thanks For All The Dinner Suggestions. Bietergarden Was One I Had Overlooked, But Looked At The Menu And It Would Be One That The Boys Might Enjoy. A Buffet Is Especially Good, Because He Can Pick Out What He Wants Instead Of One Specific Entree, And You Can Get Your Food Faster. Yes, I Do Understand Food Tastes Are Different For Everyone, It Just Seemed There Were Quite A Lot Of Displeasure Of Many Of The Restaurants. But Thanks Again For All The Comments, And It Has Helped Me Make Some Good Choices.
Thanks!!

I would say that Coral Reef has a great atmosphere and pretty good food (one of the better restaurants we tried). There is a huge aquarium that you can watch the turtles, sharks and fish swim around.

If you are looking for that plain fare (burgers, etc), probably something quick and painless like Electric Umbrella would better suite.

Is Le Cellier Close To Where You Could Watch Illuminations? I Checked Their Menu And It Sounds Really Good. My Ds's Love Steak!! Do You Know What Kind Of Atmosphere It Has? Interesting? Or Adult?

It was by far my favorite meal on our last trip. I got their signature filet and it was severed with risotto... I am craving it now, just thinking of it. My Dad is pretty hard to please with WDW restaurants and he loved it.

I had my 3 girls... younger than yours and they were fine there. It wasn't a kid type restaurant but not an adult only feel, especially since it is in the park.

It is in Canada I would think that you would just have to leave the restaurant and walk closer to the water and you would have a great spot... but I am not great at spots for Illuminations. Maybe someone else can help with that one.

Yes, Le Cellier isn't too far from some good Illuminations viewing. You will definitely not be able to see it from the restaurant. Le Cellier is very popular, the first restaurant to fully book each day (except for CRT). It's crowded and noisy in there so if your son is fidgety, he's going to fit in just fine. It probably takes about an hour to have a meal there and they sometimes run a bit behind with the seating so make sure to make your reservation early enough to see the fireworks after if that's what you want to do.

Oh yeah, and the food there is very good.

I LOVE le cellier, it is my favorite restaurant at disney - it is a pretty "boring" atmosphere though, there aren't even any windows. I don't think it is what you are looking for

I would definately reccommend biergarten and Coral Reef - I think that is more what you want

I suggest the Coral Reef. There is so much to see there that there should not be any minutes that he is not totally absorbed in the atmosphere. The food is awesome and the divers and fish are wonderful too. They give you a list of the types of fish and you can search for the types in the aquarium. I took three teenagers and saw very many younger children in there and they were all having a blast!

I agree with the Biergarten. The food is good and the show will keep him interested. Plus, being a buffet, you can leave once the show is over and you are done eating. Debby

I LOVE le cellier, it is my favorite restaurant at disney - it is a pretty "boring" atmosphere though, there aren't even any windows. I don't think it is what you are looking for

I would definately reccommend biergarten and Coral Reef - I think that is more what you want

I totally agree with this, Le Cellier would probably not be for you. The Biergarten would be a great place and also a great CS location is Sunshine Seasons in the Land. Awesome selection.:flower3:

Great Epcot restaurants include:

Yorkshire Fish Co.
Le Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Coral Reef

Another vote for Biergarten. Many choices on the buffet, you control the amount of time you spend, and the show should keep his interest even if finished eating before others in your party. We've been several times and have another visit upcoming in three weeks with two little ones 5 and 2. You should be able to find something for everyone. Enjoy !:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter