EPCOT Entry through International Gateway from Beach Club?

The Pluto People

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Beach Club in May 2020. Will we be able to enter EPCOT ( at any time of day) through the International Gateway by WALKING in from the resort? Thanks!

Yes. The ferry (and now Skyliner) guests enter Epcot through the same entrance as those who walk from the Epcot resorts.

It's never been closed. Parts were walled off for construction related to the Skyliner. I think they are adding some extra capacity since Skyliner guests will now be entering from there as well.

The only thing I would interested to see is how much additional time it takes to go through security there now with the skyliner. We are DVC owners at Boardwalk and the longest time to wait is maybe 5-10 minutes to get through into the park.

The only thing I would interested to see is how much additional time it takes to go through security there now with the skyliner.
Well we will have to wait until after September 29 when the Skyliner officially opens. Disney has been reworking the entire International Gateway entrance to allow for the increased guest traffic due to the Skyliner.

Dave

We are staying at the Beach Club in May 2020. Will we be able to enter EPCOT ( at any time of day) through the International Gateway by WALKING in from the resort? Thanks!
As long as you have a valid park ticket for the day or valid park hopper the International Gateway is open throughout the day. It is open early for Epcot's EMH (mornings), during all regular hours, and for Epcot EMH (evenings).

Note: You will not be allowed to enter the IG after posted park closing time (allowing for Epcot EMH (evenings)). You will still be able to leave Epcot via the IG even after park close.

Dave

I'm hoping that guests that board the skyline will go through security at the resort and can be ushered right into the parks. If they are leaving the parks they won't need to be searched again.

I'm hoping that guests that board the skyline will go through security at the resort and can be ushered right into the parks. If they are leaving the parks they won't need to be searched again.

We just finished a stay at BWV and used the IG several times on our way to epcot. My husband and I could not figure that out but based on where the gondola platform is and where the current security stations are, I can't see how it would make any sense to usher gondola guest through what is there now. But a lot of the platform was covered with fencing and plants. I suppose they can still be making big changes but I don't see a logical way to move the guests off the gondolas down to the current security area. I am hoping for that as well. Using the IG at Epcot is a big time saver for security IMO and a big perk to staying at Epcot area resorts.

The Skyliner is definitely outside of security at DHS. I would expect the same at Epcot.

Also check out the picture in this post from the Rumors and News board, all of the IG construction is past the Skyliner station.

We just finished a stay at BWV and used the IG several times on our way to epcot. My husband and I could not figure that out but based on where the gondola platform is and where the current security stations are, I can't see how it would make any sense to usher gondola guest through what is there now. But a lot of the platform was covered with fencing and plants. I suppose they can still be making big changes but I don't see a logical way to move the guests off the gondolas down to the current security area. I am hoping for that as well. Using the IG at Epcot is a big time saver for security IMO and a big perk to staying at Epcot area resorts.
I’m worried, too, about what the Skyliner traffic will do for the IG entrance to Epcot. The IG is a very big perk to the Epcot resorts. Even when we’re staying somewhere else at Disney, I find the cost to just Uber to BC and use the IG the best way to enter the park, especially in the morning. The bag check lines at the front of Epcot are the worst I’ve encountered anywhere at Disney. I find it particularly frustrating to stay at a monorail resort, do bad check there and then re-do bag check with a gigantic line upon arrival at Epcot. We avoid the front entrance at busy times. I really hope the IG doesn’t turn into the nightmare that can be found at the front of Epcot, especially first thing in the morning.

Here's the info about the International Gateway Entrance from the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ.
(But it looks like I never updated the Frozen info)

Come on over and join us on the thread. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks over there. Link is in my signature.

How do I get to EPCOT?

Guests of the EPCOT resorts enter EPCOT through the International Gateway. This entrance takes you to the World Showcase, on a path that is in between France and UK.

Please note that there is also a path that veers off to the right and takes you on a more level route, perhaps easier if you are in a wheelchair or pushing a stroller because you can avoid the slight incline. In the middle picture below, the main path is on the left. You can just barely see the level path that runs along the water on the right.

IGWalkway-2.jpg
IGSign-2.jpg
IGbypixarmom-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures missyrose and pixeldust and pixarmom!

A video stroll from the Yacht Club to the International Gateway:

A leisurely walk times at about 8+ minutes. This was filmed prior to the extra security/metal detector that guests now pass through, before scanning their bands or tickets.

How do I enter EPCOT at rope drop/park opening?

Guests who enter EPCOT through the International Gateway prior to 11 am (official World Showcase opening time) should proceed on the walkway outside of UK and past Canada. Cast members are stationed along the way to guide you.

Frozen Ever After...

Note: Starting in 2013, the French bakery is now open at 9 am when EPCOT opens, so you also have the opportunity to stop there in the morning for a treat. Not sure at this point if the bakery is open at 8 am when EPCOT has early extra magic hours, so if someone could confirm this info, I would appreciate it!

If you have a pre-opening breakfast scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall or Garden Grill, you will provide your name and/or reservation to a CM at the International Gateway. You proceed through UK and Canada as described above, then continue past Mexico to Norway or head into Future World to get to the Land building.

Disney runs special bus service to runners and spectators on race mornings for guests who need to get to race areas before the parks open. They will post signs in the EPCOT resort lobbies and near the International Gateway warning people that they will not be able to walk through EPCOT prior to park opening on race days.

However, guests of the BC/YC/BCV who need to be at the front of the park BEFORE park opening (for example, for special tours) will probably need to take a taxi from the resort to the front entrance of EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter