Epcot Extra Evening Hours wait times?

emilymad

DIS Veteran
How long are the wait times during Epcot Extra Evening Hours? Is it worth going or are the waits just as long as during the day?

Is it worth going? Absolutely. The cost is $0.

The park is much less crowded and nice to walk around it.

The popular rides, like Remy and Frozen, will still have a wait. At first it is long as they have to clear out all the day guests.

Toward the end they get shorter, however at Epcot you can't just stroll 100 feet to the next attraction so you may not get as much done as you may think because of all the distances.

I would say to be strategic, just like if you were there on a regular day, and try to get the headliners you want at the very end of the evening and enjoy a nearly deserted walk out of Epcot instead of with the mobs you usually get.

I would (and am in March) go if you’re able. However I wouldn’t plan on getting a lot done. We went in 2022. Got in line for soarin a little before closing. That wait wasn’t bad. We walked over to test track and got in line maybe about 915. By the time we got off it was after 10. frozen and remy were both listed at 45 minutes. We didn’t think we’d have time to do both so we went to remy. Got off at 1055. So we got two rides in from 9-11. Not sure if that’s the norm or not but it was disappointing.

I can't imagine not taking advantage of it if it's available to you without paying extra. The only times I missed were because of illness. I had a great time at the EP EEH last May. It was busier than the last one I did but I was able to get on everything I wanted with maybe the longest wait being Frozen at about 10-15 minutes. I didn't try to get on Test Track so I can't account for that or Remy which I already had rode prior. I also love walking around the park, particularly World Showcase with hardly anyone around as most people were over in Future World for GOtG.

Last edited:

We are staying deluxe so we are eligible. Our only goal would be to do Remy and Frozen with 30 minute or less waits. Longer wait times than that would be no better than during the day. Is that possible?

If you are unable to get on the attractions during the day then plan on doing EEH. I've never waited 30 minutes for any attraction during EEH. There's no way of knowing how busy EEH is going to be. During busier times it may be more crowded. It was pretty empty the first time I did it but after GoTG opened it was busier last year but I still never waited that long. You don't lose anything by taking advantage of the event so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be worth the time.

Last edited:

is the skyliner still open after? How late after if we want to wander a near empty park?

Is there any way to know wait times for the rides? When we did Moonlight Magic, it was frustrating having to walk to each attraction to see that the wait was too long.

I don’t believe the Riveria is included in the extra evening hours, so I’m not sure the skyliner would continue to run that late. I would assume it would stop at its normal time.

It had better be. People need to get back to Riviera.
The Skyliner was operating at close when we were there last June. If it is down for some reason, there will be bus service.

I have heard no reports of visitors having to wander the closed park all night, although over at Magic Kingdom they have had a few 24/7 special days.

The Skyliner was operating at close when we were there last June. If it is down for some reason, there will be bus service.

I have heard no reports of visitors having to wander the closed park all night, although over at Magic Kingdom they have had a few 24/7 special days.
Yeah, we noticed it running well after 1am last year.

I don’t believe the Riveria is included in the extra evening hours, so I’m not sure the skyliner would continue to run that late. I would assume it would stop at its normal time.
Riviera is a deluxe resort, so it is included. I stayed there and did extended evening hours in November and the Skyliner was running when we left around 11:15 but it was only running to the Riviera, not to any of the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter