Epcot fast passes...what to do for tier 2?

Destinyz12

Mouseketeer
So as I'm sure everyone knows, the tier 2 fast passes for Epcot aren't great since its mostly low wait attractions...but which ones would you advise actually using them on? Do some tend to have longer waits at times on low-moderate crowd days? I decided I will skip Mission Space despite being a thrill lover since many other thrill lovers were reporting getting sick on it, lol.

It doesn't matter, they're sort of throw aways. However, you do have to use them on something, so I know what you're saying.

Spaceship Earth line can spike, as can Figment, Living with the Land. That's what we'll usually use them for.

I usually pick ones near where I am planning a meal. I'll pick Nemo or Spaceship Earth if I'm eating at Coral Reef. I'll pick Living with the Land if I have an ADR at Garden Grill. If I don't have a meal planned, it will just be whatever is on my way. We change some of these on the fly while we are in the park so we don't waste a tier 2 FP+ that has no line when we get there.

On another note- Anyone know why we can't use fast passes on the Mexico boat ride? Is it not Disney owned?

My husband gets motion sick and had no problem with Mission Space Green. It was really no different than Star Tours.
Spaceship Earth is a decent throwaway though.

We have FP for Spaceship Earth and Character Spot (because it's Mickey's birthday) and on day 2 we have Spaceship Earth and Nemo (daughter's request). Day 2 is Thanksgiving Day, so I am glad to guarantee at least 3 rides!

Spaceship Earth is a good one to get for park open. Since it's right in front the first couple hours this ride can see long wait times. The Nemo ride sometimes has wait times.

If you park hop you can make the one FP+ and once you tap into that ride you can book a second FP+ for a different park. This is a good strategy at Epcot since most of the tier 2 FP are really throwaways.

We have one for Character Spot, which we will use.
We also have one for 9:20 at Mission: Space, but I'm planning just to tap to get rid of it, but not actually ride at that time. LOL. I just want to be able to try for 4th+ tier 1 FPs faster.

Spaceship Earth is the obvious pick. Despite mostly lower lines, it can jump to 30-40 minutes. And that Standby line moves really slow because so many choose it as a FP. I typically choose Nemo for my other FP - even saving 15 minutes is worth it. Imagination is basically the same deal. The Character Spot is worth picking too. They're all basically in the same boat.

Also, there is a Green version of Mission: Space for people that get motion sickness. That should be fine for most people unless they have claustrophobia.

I pre-selected Spaceship Earth and the Character Spot. For subsequent picks, I used Nemo, just because I could. Turns out I thought it was a great thing because you get to keep that ridiculously long, back and forth queue!

There are 2 versions of Mission Space but personally I don't get motion sickness from spinning rides like the gravitron so the full experience does not make me sick.
That said I have not been on it in years since everyone else in my party is terrified of getting sick on it but then again they do tend to get sick on spinning rides. Also after the recent refurb I'm not sure what the experience is like anymore.

Anyways... We go for Figment and LWTL for the most part.
Sometimes we'll do SSE or Character Spot though.
Many people like using it for Nemo and Turtle Talk but we are not at all into either of those so we never do.

Character Spot or Nemo. I doubt we’ll ever ride Mission Space again and we are thrill ride lovers. It’s the only ride at Disney that made DH and I sick. I had a headache the rest of the day and DH had a headache and nausea :laughing:.

After watching videos of Mission space on youtube (the calmer version), I still decided that it's not for me since you're in such a confined small space and I'm a little claustrophobic. Looks like I'll be FP-ing Spaceship Earth and either Figment or Nemo

If you have any sound-sensitive people in your group, I vote for FP for Nemo. My daughter almost broke down in that line in a recent trip, as all the enclosed switchbacks in a cave-like chamber allowed the noise to echo and magnify in the line- she was practically miserable by the time we actually got to ride.

Spaceship Earth and the M&G althou if we have and ADR at Garden Grill we swap one out for Living With The Land and try to time it close to the meal. Its sort of fun to do that one before eating and see where some of your food is coming from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter