EPCOT Fast Passes

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
What would be the favorites to get fast passes for EPCOT? Been awhile and need suggestions please.

Thank you

The most popular rides are Soarin, Test Track and Frozen. However, you won’t be able to get them all at once because of the tiering that they have.

We will also FP Mission: Space and, oddly enough, Spaceship Earth. Its wait times can get a little long, so it pays off sometimes. Another choice would be one of the character spots.

Of the 3 tier 1 rides, Soarin has the shortest standby waits and is the easiest to get as a 4th FP by refreshing. Frozen isn't as popular as it used to be so waits aren't as long and I even saw it a few times while refreshing.

Test Track is down the most out of the 3 and has the longest waits, so it would be my top choice, unless you do single rider. If it goes down, you still have a FP to ride it anytime, when the standby line could be crazy.

We found the tier 2 fastpasses to be of limited use, unless you want to ride Spaceship Earth mid-day.

We are going with kiddos this time so we got a pre park opening breakfast at Garden Grill with the characters. Around 8:45 we will walk downstairs and jump on Soarin, then go over to Test Track. Our fps are for Frozen at 10 - 11, and that's all so far. We may hop to another park so I want to save the fps for then, especially since I don't feel we need them. We'll be coming back for a Coral Reef dinner, so we will do the Nemo/Turtle Talk then. Last time we rode Figment, it was late EMH and it broke down 4 times on us, once for a very long time. We had resorted to Eye Spy by the time they got it running. A CM came by twice to let us know they were working on it. The last time it stopped was at the end when you go into the dark room, and the younger granddaughter wasn't very happy. It will be quite a while before we have the desire to ride it again, lol. Have never had an issue with Spaceship Earth (wait time-wise). None of us really care for Mission Space as we went on it before they tempered it down a bit, and thus, have little desire to experience it again. We like to visit the countries. Mary Poppins, Belle, Aladdin and Jasmine, etc. Favorite: Big Hero 6, Joy/Sadness and Mulan. Though, once again, the last time we went, we waited for a pretty good amount of time for Mulan to come out. Right as she came out, a woman and her daughter walked up and tried to fast walk in front of us. It worked out that she apparently went a long way around, and my son parked the stroller then got in the line. He was in front of her and she carried on long and loudly about him cutting in front of her and quite ruined it for him and the grandkids. May not do her again either.

I don't like to do Test Track for the very reason that it is down a lot. When we're scheduled to be on that side of the park, we're there. When we're scheduled to be on the other side of Future World or in World Showcase, we don't want to have to go out of our way to make up a missed FP window. Frozen is always our first choice for Tier 1. If we do a second day of FPs, we will choose between Test Track and Soarin depending on which fits better into our plan. In November, on our two Epcot days we're planning on going with Frozen one day and Soarin the other. One night at park closing we will watch Illuminations and the other night get into line for Test Track 5-10 minutes before close.

None of the Tier 2's are worth anything. A solid touring strategy eliminates the need for FPs on any of them, especially if you have more than one Epcot day. We will usually just grab what is most convenient to our plan. For example, on our Frozen day we'll pick Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. On our Soarin day, we'll do Living With The Land and grab something else on that side of the park. I hate the fact that they switched the Character spot to Tier 1.

We picked Frozen has our tier 1, wait time in the afternoon was 105 minutes. IMO, the ride isn't worth that wait, so glad we just zoomed through that line! Our Tier 2s were Spaceship Earth and the Character Spot since we had a 5 and 9 year old with us. We did Test Track first and then Mission Space just to get them out of the way since we would be moving to World Showcase after lunch.

I would get TT since that always has a long wait for my Tier 1, then I would do FEA after that since that usually is quite long. Soarin would be my last choice for Tier 1 though, as that usually has shortest lines. For Tier 2, it honestly does not matter, but during busy times of the year I would do Spaceship Earth and Mission Space, since they usually end up being the longest. For Tier 2's though, I would just get them so I can use all 3 of my fastpasses to get another Tier 1, so I would go for the fastpass that is pretty close to your Tier 1 fastpass time, about an hour window I would say.

We picked Frozen has our tier 1, wait time in the afternoon was 105 minutes. IMO, the ride isn't worth that wait, so glad we just zoomed through that line! Our Tier 2s were Spaceship Earth and the Character Spot since we had a 5 and 9 year old with us. We did Test Track first and then Mission Space just to get them out of the way since we would be moving to World Showcase after lunch.
Unfortunately they moved the Chatacter Spot to Tier 1 as well.

We usually get for Soarin and Spaceship Earth, then wing it from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter