Epcot fastpasses critique

muffine

Earning My Ears
As an off-site guest our booking window for Epcot is about to open for April. Need suggestions on our plan for fastpasses for Epcot-

We plan to arrive before rope drop and go to Frozen ever after first thing(knowing that we probably won't score a FP this late). Then we hope to do Test Track(with fast pass) and Mission Space (with fast pass as well) right after Frozen. We will probably reserve a Spaceship Earth fastpass as early as possible, without actually riding it. The goal is to use up all 3 fastpasses before 11 so hopefully we can still get a 4th fastpass for Soarin' the day of.

Does this work?

Maybe, but probably not. Are you ok with the Soarin fast pass being much later in the evening?

I think the more advisable plan would be using single rider line for Test Track and having Soarin as the fast pass.

The only way to accomplish all 3 before 11:00 is book FPs as follows:
9:00 Spaceship Earth and allow to expire - don't waste time trying to tap the FP touchpoint on your way to FEA

10:00 Test Track. As soon as you enter the FP line for TT, go on the app and Modify to move up Mission Space. Keep booking and Modifying as the system will keep giving you earlier times.

As soon as you enter Mission Space FP line, book FP#4.

It sounds like you may be going around Easter, so less chance of a 4th FP for the Tier 1s. As PP mentioned, if you are willing(and able, if kids involved) to do TT single rider, I would FP Soarin, and head to TT after FEA, and check the wait, and can do single rider if it is better. You could try for Frozen FP of course, and if you got one by chance, then head right to Soarin and then to TT(or vise versa depending on single rider preference). Either way, plan to be at park early(8:00) to be at front of rope drop crowd, and because they may open the park by 8:45.

Yes we are planning to visit Epcot on Good Friday actually. And yes we do have young kids in our big party (party of 12) so TT single rider is not an option for us.

We definitely want to do Soarin, Frozen and TT, and probably Mission Space. So if no Frozen FP is available, should i stick with our original plan of FP TT as suggested by hiroMYhero?

Yes we are planning to visit Epcot on Good Friday actually. And yes we do have young kids in our big party (party of 12) so TT single rider is not an option for us.

We definitely want to do Soarin, Frozen and TT, and probably Mission Space. So if no Frozen FP is available, should i stick with our original plan of FP TT as suggested by hiroMYhero?
Are any of the young kids too short for TT? You can do Rider Switch/Swap to double up/split your FPs.

Without FEA FPs, you'd have to go with your rope drop plan. And with Soarin' having the additional theater, the line moves a little faster than the Standby TT line.

If you can't use rider swap I would ride frozen at rope drop then go straight and quickly to Soarin. Wait in regular line (probably 30-40 minutes) then use your other FPs for TT, mission space, whatever else you want. Or ride Soarin at rope drop, use FP for TT and ride Frozen right before the park closes if you're staying that late.

Oh I see. It's not too bad then. On the map they are on opposite ends and I thought it'd take much longer to walk across the park. It's been more than 10 years since I last went to Epcot. I remember it as a huge park.. Is my impression off?

It's big but it doesn't take that long to cover the park and get to where you need to go.

If there's any fps left for Soarin by the time your first 3 expire, it'll likely be for late in the day. Personally, I'd schedule a FP for Soarin around 11 or noon and just head straight to test track after Frozen.

If you're there early and walk quickly to Frozen you'll be on and off quick. Then test track you can do standby or single rider. The wait shouldn't be too bad if you get there early because nearly everyone is going toward Frozen. TT is also much closer to Norway so you won't have to backtrack much. And not to mention that Soarin has one of the most boring standby lines.

I agree with CAS239 that TT is closer to Norway but I also think the line for TT builds more quickly than Soarin in the morning. Also TT will shut down if you have a rainy morning. That's why I prefer to FP TT. If it is down during your FP time they will let you ride it any time later that day with your FP. But I think either plan is solid for you. If you have time you could check the app wait times for both rides around 9:15 am for the next week. That would let you see which line builds faster. Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter