• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Festival of the Holidays - Newb Question

kingpinpearce

A Cappella Guy, Disney Fan
Hello, fellow Disnaholics!

My family will be making our pilgrimage for the first time over the holiday season from the 7th to the 14th, but since we don't have the Dining Plan at our disposal this time, I'm working on a budget for the trip so we don't go into a combination of sticker shock and the poorhouse without realizing it. :)

Our plan for meals for Epcot Day was to "eat around the world" at the various booths/kiosks of the festival, but the closest thing that I can find in regards of comparative costs for the various foods is "Most items are one snack credit".

Can anyone with past experience with this festival give me a rough idea of cost/portion size so that I can figure out a rough food budget for that day? I have no problems overbudgeting money and being pleasantly surprised with the savings, but having a horseshoe stake to aim for would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, fellow Disnaholics!

My family will be making our pilgrimage for the first time over the holiday season from the 7th to the 14th, but since we don't have the Dining Plan at our disposal this time, I'm working on a budget for the trip so we don't go into a combination of sticker shock and the poorhouse without realizing it. :)

Our plan for meals for Epcot Day was to "eat around the world" at the various booths/kiosks of the festival, but the closest thing that I can find in regards of comparative costs for the various foods is "Most items are one snack credit".

Can anyone with past experience with this festival give me a rough idea of cost/portion size so that I can figure out a rough food budget for that day? I have no problems overbudgeting money and being pleasantly surprised with the savings, but having a horseshoe stake to aim for would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Download the WDW Food & Wine app. They dont have it loaded yet, but you can look at last years prices and also at F&W prices to get an idea. It adds up quicker than you think tho. Cookie stroll - each cookie is $2.50. Most items will be $6-8 each with a few in the $5 range.

I would say most food dishes are between $4-$9. Portion sizes are fairly decent, but definitely tapas-style. My husband and I like to try everything, and we often split a dish, which could range 1-3 bites each.
My suggestion would be to look up the menus, and see what sounds good. Assume that everything that sounds good costs $8-9 each, and maybe budget for that? Plus some padding for sweet treats! And definitely add more for alcohol, if that’s of interest to you.
Have fun!!

We were just there for Food and Wine and I agree that most things are $4-$9. We shared a lot of things so that we could try a lot of variety without killing the budget. Have a wonderful time :)

Download the WDW Food & Wine app. They dont have it loaded yet, but you can look at last years prices and also at F&W prices to get an idea. It adds up quicker than you think tho. Cookie stroll - each cookie is $2.50. Most items will be $6-8 each with a few in the $5 range.

Will the app put Festival of the Arts food/drink booth offerings up when that is going on?

Have you ever done math on previous trips? You likely will be paying less than the dining plan cost.

Tons of menus with prices even for the festivals out there. Can easily go through and over estimate.

You can then have a rough idea each day if it's that important to stick to the budget. You can also outline the best low cost options you found to cut costs if you feel you are spending too much after a couple days.

Will the app put Festival of the Arts food/drink booth offerings up when that is going on?
Yes. It currently says coming soon so it should load soon. Actually I just checked and they loaded the Holidays today. Prices not loaded yet tho. It goes back a few years so you can compare menus

Figure $6-$8 per portion. each portion is 3-4 bites in size. so we usually get 2 of each of something and share it between 4 of us so everyone gets 1-3 bites.

There are 15+ places like this and you can get full.

so 2 x $7 = $14 and lets say you eat at 8 different booths you are looking at $112 to feed a family of 4 before you add any drinks to the mix. And we drink a lot.

So I would plan on spending $200 easily on food and drink.

I found the 2019 menus and prices and used that to get idea of budget. Many items are being offered this year that was available last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter