• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot headliners order

Coming through the IG we always walk on Soarin', FP TT then grab a 4th for Frozen early afternoon.

Bill From PA

You're able to get FEA as a 4th FP+??? It has never been available same day when I was there. There is usually zero availability even a week out, though there seems to be some good availability this weekend assuming they don't close WDW. For FP+ availability, my experience is that Soarin' is probably the easiest to get, followed by TT. FEA is the most difficult to find, but can be had if you don't wait till the last minute and are somewhat flexible on what time you get it for.

That said, I did notice when I was there this past holiday weekend that the wait times for FEA per MDE were not too bad when I first arrived, but did go up substantially later in the day.

I would FP+ TT, RD FEA, and standby Soarin'.

Last edited:

Interesting - everyone's experience is very helpful. I may cross my fingers and hope for a Soarin 4th Fastpass after getting a FP for TT and rope dropping FEA. I'm flexible though, and have stood in line for Soarin many a time. :)

In July I had no problems all day seeing 4th fp for soarin for 5 people. We waited for an hour in line in the morning because dh wanted to rather than have the line grow more and not get a later fp. Just keep refreshing if you don't see it right away.

I would think it's hard to extrapolate what waits will look like in March as compared to our visit in late August, but we waited 10 minutes for FEA at around 1120 and were able to walk on Soarin twice in a row at around 530 pm. We could have easily gotten a 4th and 5th FP for Soarin that day but could not find FPs for TT or FEA.

I wish you could skip the design center. My kids could care less about the design center, but aren't old enough where they are comfortable riding alone in the car, so I don't think we could do the single rider line.
We do Adult, child, Adult when riding single rider. That way, an adult waits with child in the line and then an adult is waiting for child to get off the ride.

You're able to get FEA as a 4th FP+??? It has never been available same day when I was there. There is usually zero availability even a week out, though there seems to be some good availability this weekend assuming they don't close WDW. For FP+ availability, my experience is that Soarin' is probably the easiest to get, followed by TT. FEA is the most difficult to find, but can be had if you don't wait till the last minute and are somewhat flexible on what time you get it for.

That said, I did notice when I was there this past holiday weekend that the wait times for FEA per MDE were not too bad when I first arrived, but did go up substantially later in the day.

We got FEA as 4th (or additional FP) both last summer trip and this summer's trips, as recently as last week. For parties of 3 and 2.

Interesting - everyone's experience is very helpful. I may cross my fingers and hope for a Soarin 4th Fastpass after getting a FP for TT and rope dropping FEA. I'm flexible though, and have stood in line for Soarin many a time. :)
Soarin' has fairly regularly been available as a 4th FP ever since the 3rd theater open last summer.

Soarin' has fairly regularly been available as a 4th FP ever since the 3rd theater open last summer.

Thank you so much for your help. By chance, do you know how long the wait was until your return time with your 4th FP?

Thank you so much for your help. By chance, do you know how long the wait was until your return time with your 4th FP?
Pretty much the same as any other time, 10 or so min to the merge point and another 10 or so min to ride

Pretty much the same as any other time, 10 or so min to the merge point and another 10 or so min to ride

Got it. That would probably be my next question. ;) But I meant, how long from the time you found your 4th FP to when you could actually use it? (Say you picked it up on MDE at noon, when would the return time be?)

Got it. That would probably be my next question. ;) But I meant, how long from the time you found your 4th FP to when you could actually use it? (Say you picked it up on MDE at noon, when would the return time be?)
Ah, gotcha. When I first book it, I take whatever time I see.
The thing with 4th, and more, FP. You book one and then you go right in to modify it. 9 out of 10 times, I've been able to move the FP up to a closer time to fit our schedule. But, we only book for 2 or 3 on our trips. That helps us have a mot more options for moving, I'm sure.

The thing with 4th, and more, FP. You book one and then you go right in to modify it. 9 out of 10 times, I've been able to move the FP up to a closer time to fit our schedule. But, we only book for 2 or 3 on our trips. That helps us have a mot more options for moving, I'm sure.

Yes, this. I repeatedly was able to get a FP+ for Soarin', TT, and countless other rides in other parks for a return time that was literally minutes away doing this. Even 7DMT. We're a party of 5.

I regret using a fast pass on FEA and not TT. It's my son's favorite and I should have booked it for earlier in our trip. I thought with Soarin' being updated and FEA being new since our last trip, we should do those first. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have gotten the FP for FEA later in the trip or done standby. I was not impressed with FEA and the wait times with it the week of 8/21 weren't too long.

We also did single rider on TT. We have two kids, so they went together and I was in the car behind them. My husband got on with the next group. We had 2 1/2 EPCOT days, so it all worked out. :)

Yes, this. I repeatedly was able to get a FP+ for Soarin', TT, and countless other rides in other parks for a return time that was literally minutes away doing this. Even 7DMT. We're a party of 5.
Yup - I got a FP+ last week as I was exiting Soarin that let me get right back on.

I've done Soarin' at rope drop and it was basically a walk-on. The wait times for Soarin haven't been as bad in past years, so it's a little lower on my FP priority list. At the top is Test Track since the wait time can be ridiculous and the ride breaks down a lot. After Soarin you could probably do most of FW in the morning. Then you'll have all afternoon to stand in line for Frozen lol

Another reason I like to get TT out of the way first thing in the AM, rain. We tend to go in the summer when it rains in the afternoons. And we all know what rain means to TT.

This is what I do a lot. Just keep modifying (refresh frequently) until I get a good time or I give up. Especially useful between rides as they don't let us overlap FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter