Epcot Hotel Back On?

Welp, they awarded the contract so it seems to be a go.
We love staying at the current Epcot resorts and would try this new one in a heartbeat once able, assuming it's along the lines of the current resorts in the area.

They are still selling the Riviera with Skyliner access to Epcot - so Epcot is already an active sale. If a new resort was built walking distance to Epcot, and with access to the Monorail to Magic Kingdom (with one changeover) it would likely be a hit once Riviera is done. Personally, we prefer a lake view, but I suppose "adding a lake" is a relatively easy fix in that area lol.

They are still selling the Riviera with Skyliner access to Epcot - so Epcot is already an active sale. If a new resort was built walking distance to Epcot, and with access to the Monorail to Magic Kingdom (with one changeover) it would likely be a hit once Riviera is done. Personally, we prefer a lake view, but I suppose "adding a lake" is a relatively easy fix in that area lol.
I dunno if it would be DVC personally. But that is my opinion obviously. Way more money to be made on a non DVC resort.

I dunno if it would be DVC personally. But that is my opinion obviously. Way more money to be made on a non DVC resort.
I was just thinking DVC, or partially DVC, because that's one way to pay to build it with a quick turnaround for funds - but not if they are still trying to sell Riviera and the new Poly Tower out first. How long does it take to build a new hotel in Orlando? Will the changeover from Reedy Creek be an issue - who knows?

I was just thinking DVC, or partially DVC, because that's one way to pay to build it with a quick turnaround for funds - but not if they are still trying to sell Riviera and the new Poly Tower out first. How long does it take to build a new hotel in Orlando? Will the changeover from Reedy Creek be an issue - who knows?
Maybe build it as a cash hotel and add a DVC tower later on? I think Disney is doing it right with the DL Hotel Tower granted not the same as DL Hotel was built in the late 50’s but you get my point.

Interesting. When was the last time Disney built a brand new non-DVC resort on property? I can't even remember! Was Coronado the last? Pop (and eventually half of Pop turned into AoA)?

I'm with the above poster. Make it a Figment equivalent of the Star Wars experience at HS, and my wife would be there several weeks each month!!

Maybe build it as a cash hotel and add a DVC tower later on? I think Disney is doing it right with the DL Hotel Tower granted not the same as DL Hotel was built in the late 50’s but you get my point.
The DVc bay tower is an eyesore. Completely doesn’t fit with the Contemporary

One would think that if done correctly, it might connect the front of the park to the international gateway in a way that park admission would not be required. Allowing more non bus transportation options. Has the potential to turn the spine of epcot into an expansion of the boardwalk concept. Allowing evening entertainment, shopping and the like.
There was talk when the skyliner was built that they proposed other lines.
Relatively speaking it could be pretty minimal to have a skyliner line expansion from the main gate of epcot over to Port Orleans and Old Key west. Perhaps a station like at CBR and would then allow for another line down to Disney Springs(strawberry parking lot).

It will be on the other side, near the main entrance to Epcot, with park and monorail access. That was the original plan anyway.
I do not recall chatter about this hotel previously, do you recall when it was talked about? There must be some old threads on it?

I'm assuming that this would be a deluxe level resort. Any thoughts that it would be anything different than that? A new category perhaps? The location is about as good as it gets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter